Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:51   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Park 'n' Fly @ IGI T3, Delhi

Delhi airport now offers a park and fly facility at terminal-3 (T3).

1st day: Rs.500
2nd day: Rs.400
3rd day onwards: Rs.300

More here: DIAL introduces Park 'n' Fly at T3 - Hindustan Times

Could not find any relevant info on the official website though!
Parking at Delhi Airport, General Parking, Premium Parking - Delhi International Airport
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Park 'n' Fly @ IGI T3, Delhi

Though the rates are quite lower than the normal parking charges I will still prefer hiring a cab from home to airport and vice-versa. Hiring a cab will me many times cheaper than using this facility. But in general this facility will be quite useful for many people.

Last edited by bluevolt : 2nd June 2011 at 16:02.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:26   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Though the rates are quite lower than the normal parking charges I will still prefer hiring a cab from home to airport and vice-versa. Hiring a cab will me many times cheaper than using this facility. But in general this facility will be quite useful for many people.
This facility will help those flying out just for the weekend or a few days. A to and fro trip from Gurgaon to Airport would cost say at least 1300. So, given the rates, you could break even on the 3rd/4th day. Pretty decent! Having your own vehicle, especially if you leave/reach early morning/late night would give you unprecedented peace of mind.

Just one apprehension though - the old parking lot of Delhi Airport was notorious for car parts, especially tyres being changed from cars parked for long hours. Hope, they can check this here as well.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

The parking rates are much reasonable in Delhi as compared to the parking rates in Mumbai esp at the International terminal. Parking for a month costs 10K + service tax. Pls see below rates

The car parking capacity as per terminals is as follows:
Domestic Terminal – 750 car slots
International Terminal - 1500 car slots.
Parking Rates
TimeRates 0 - To - 30 Mins Rs. 60
30mins - To - 2hrs* Rs. 130
8hrs - To - 24hrs Rs. 750*
Every additional hour will be charged at Rs.60
Monthly chargesRates
For Airlines and staff Rs. 175 (2 Wheeler)
For Airlines and staff Rs. 500 (4 Wheeler)
For others Rs. 10,000/- + service tax (4 Wheeler)
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

sorry for bumping this thread. Just wanted to clarify a doubt. I am landing in Delhi on 21st June morning. But my flight lands in T1 and not the new T3. I have to then go to Pragati Maidan to attend 1 expo. How do i catch the metro from T1? is there a connection from T1 to T3 and back?

Thanks guys.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:38   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

sorry for bumping this thread. Just wanted to clarify a doubt. I am landing in Delhi on 21st June morning. But my flight lands in T1 and not the new T3. I have to then go to Pragati Maidan to attend 1 expo. How do i catch the metro from T1? is there a connection from T1 to T3 and back?

Thanks guys.
What flight are you taking? All arrivals are at T3.

And yes, there is a shuttle service between T1 and T3.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
What flight are you taking? All arrivals are at T3.

And yes, there is a shuttle service between T1 and T3.
I am flying from Ahmedabad via IndiGO. and i got this message from them

"Please note that all IndiGo flights operate from Terminal 1D in New Delhi"
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:46   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Quote:
This facility will help those flying out just for the weekend or a few days. A to and fro trip from Gurgaon to Airport would cost say at least 1300. So, given the rates, you could break even on the 3rd/4th day. Pretty decent! Having your own vehicle, especially if you leave/reach early morning/late night would give you unprecedented peace of mind.
For people staying close to metro stations, or the airport itself, this doesn't make much sense. But say if you are coming from Noida/F'bd or other northern areas, this could be good for you.

Quote:
Just one apprehension though - the old parking lot of Delhi Airport was notorious for car parts, especially tyres being changed from cars parked for long hours. Hope, they can check this here as well.
With DIAL claiming it to be a state-of-the-art facility, I would think, they are not taking any chances!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The parking rates are much reasonable in Delhi as compared to the parking rates in Mumbai esp at the International terminal. Parking for a month costs 10K + service tax
Apart from the per month thing, the rates are quite similar to what we have here in Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
How do i catch the metro from T1? is there a connection from T1 to T3 and back?
Thanks guys.
Check this: Inter Terminal Shuttle Transfer Service, New Delhi Airport Transportation from International to Domestic Airport
I have seen the red(AC) DTC buses at T1 with T3 written on them, so I suppose you could catch one of them. Better confirm with some 'helpdesk' upon landing.

EDIT:
IndiGo, GoAir and Spicejet still operate from T1.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 2nd June 2011 at 16:49.
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:27   #9
BHPian

What are the parking charges for 24 Hrs parking at T3 and T1D at IGI?
Official website says 600/4-wheeler and 200/2-wheeler for both terminals. Can anyone confirm please.

Anyone used it already? I want to know if the 2-wheeler facility is functional. It would work out very cheap for me if I can park n ride my bike. Need to make two 1-day trips in succession, one from T3 and other from T1D.

Quick reply would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 23rd June 2011, 19:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

@Libran, I dont think to-fro cost from gurgaon to airport came up to 1300. It was much lesser than that. Use to be around 350-400 per side from Sec 56 I believe. Considering it is a smooth drive down NH8.

I pay around 1400 up and down in bangalore, from banerghatta road to Airport, which is around 52 kms, one way.

But this would be beneficial for those travelling within India for a day or so on quick meetings. But most feasible in a place like Delhi, since the airport is fairly centrally located, and provided you have ample time to park your car. For someone like me, who on average reaches about 45 minutes prior to departure (only local flights - I never do this with my international flights), cab is the best option.

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 23rd June 2011 at 19:41.
Old 23rd June 2011, 19:46   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
@Libran, I dont think to-fro cost from gurgaon to airport came up to 1300. It was much lesser than that. Use to be around 350-400 per side from Sec 56 I believe. Considering it is a smooth drive down NH8.
Yea, my bad. I mixed up the figure with another cab drive.

The private cabs (the Kumar/Thakur/Singh travels) charge 450 + 2-way toll; so that works to ~490 one-way.

IMO, the drive-while-you-fly is good for those who'd be -
1) making a 1-day return trip
2) returning very late night/early morning.
Old 25th June 2011, 12:10   #12
BHPian

I am curious to know if someone has used this facility. It certainly is a boon if someone is going out for a weekend trip and wishes to go straight to office once back on monday morning. Rs. 900 for the parking would be better than the cab fares. Why? Because people like me would end up saving 4 cab trips.

1. Take cab from home to office on Friday morning
2. Take cab from office to airport on Friday evening
3. Take cab from airport to office on Monday morning
4. Take cab from office to home on Monday evening.

Any feedback on how the facility is and actual charges are would be really welcome!
Old 25th June 2011, 12:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Its a backup facility when your cab is not arriving on time for an early morning flight and no other transport available. Forget all the fees drive yourself to board the flight
Old 25th June 2011, 13:46   #14
BHPian

Parked n flew on Friday. Certainly saved some bucks and enjoyed the convenience of my own car.

Parking cost me 600 for ~15 hrs.

More details here : Parking at Delhi Airport, General Parking, Premium Parking - Delhi International Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a View Post
I am curious to know if someone has used this facility. It certainly is a boon if someone is going out for a weekend trip and wishes to go straight to office once back on monday morning. Rs. 900 for the parking would be better than the cab fares. Why? Because people like me would end up saving 4 cab trips.

1. Take cab from home to office on Friday morning
2. Take cab from office to airport on Friday evening
3. Take cab from airport to office on Monday morning
4. Take cab from office to home on Monday evening.

Any feedback on how the facility is and actual charges are would be really welcome!
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2011, 15:49   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Parked n flew on Friday. Certainly saved some bucks and enjoyed the convenience of my own car.

Parking cost me 600 for ~15 hrs.

More details here : Parking at Delhi Airport, General Parking, Premium Parking - Delhi International Airport
Good to hear that! But any idea about overnight parking?

Most Viewed