Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2006, 21:06   #16
BHPian

He deserved more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
Ok!... so what can anyone do? .. Well the fire guy simply SLAMMED the Alto kind-of hard. And guess what? The Alto moved a couple of feet because of the impact… but the guy did not respond again!
I feel the law should be changed (pardon me if I am wrong and it already allows that) to allow Fire brigades and Ambulances to force their way through traffic when it becomes impossible to clear, like in this fellows case. We would rather have one man injured than having a whole block on fire. But then comes the responsibility of the Fire Truck driver who should be able to judge if the person ahead is doing something purposefully....

In the US, a fire truck can easily (and most of the times it does) push your car away if you dont give way, but there is always a big debate about whether these trucks should be given that right/power.
Old 28th February 2006, 16:43   #17
BHPian

The law does allow fire trucks and ambulances to push obstinate people out of their way.. I just wish the drivers of these emergency vehicles use their immunity more.. I have had more than one occasion to stop and yell at people who did not move over for the sirens..

Karthik, when one is driving, it is our job to look out for other vehicles around us.. Too loud music which can drown other horns/sirens is also a traffic offence..
Old 28th February 2006, 18:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK

Ps: This guy deserved worse!
Also I think maybe he was a “lunatic” as described in Law!
Man....Ripley's Believe it or not...

Was the person doped...or deaf...or maybe wanted to claim insurance anyways..
Old 28th February 2006, 19:40   #19
BHPian

In the US, a fire truck can easily (and most of the times it does) push your car away if you dont give way, but there is always a big debate about whether these trucks should be given that right/power.[/quote]

I really don't know about other states, but the local buses here push their way thru, and the cops really can't do jack about it. I see no reason why ambulances or fire trucks can't do the same. And mind you they have reason to.
Old 2nd March 2006, 00:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Okey its wrong to watch a movie in a car, but we all play music and sometimes u don't even hear people around u honking. I'm not sayin its the right thing to do or justifying him...

There are possibilities that he could have been held up in traffic or sumtin, not everyone are so heartless
I am from Pune & have lived in Hyderabad for 4 years, trust me when I say this, the people in Hyd are totally oblivious towards any kind of rules & regulations. I have felt my blood pressure rise everyday on the way to work, you have to experience the audacity of people breaking rules & the sick traffic sense they have.
(I used to get honked at for sticking to one lane !!!!!!!!!! )

Last edited by mb_jg : 2nd March 2006 at 00:14.
Old 27th May 2010, 14:35   #21
BHPian

Not too clear on one thing. How was the guy watching a movie while driving??? On his mobile ?
Old 28th May 2010, 11:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

@modthomas,
You have replied to a post which is 4 years old. You cam PM to get your doubt cleared.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks