Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2011, 20:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Diwali destruction: ORVMs and driver's side window shattered by exploding atom bombs

Yesterday we all celebrated Diwali with full passion and joy and by far and large, in our locality, it was peaceful.
Until today morning....
I was out for most of the time and then my dad told me that some unscrupulous elements carefully planted atom bomb (cracker) and shattered the driver's side OSRVM and driver side window of 7 cars.
All were carefully planned and the effects can be seen in the pictures that I took of our neighbour's 2004 Indica V2 petrol.
It seemed that it was some kind of a revenge....but somehow security in our area has deteriorated for the worse.
Attached Thumbnails
Diwali destruction: ORVMs and driver's side window shattered by exploding atom bombs-photo0831.jpg  

Diwali destruction: ORVMs and driver's side window shattered by exploding atom bombs-photo0832.jpg  

Diwali destruction: ORVMs and driver's side window shattered by exploding atom bombs-photo0834.jpg  

Diwali destruction: ORVMs and driver's side window shattered by exploding atom bombs-photo0833.jpg  

Old 27th October 2011, 20:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Diwali destruction: OSRVMs and driver's side window shattered by exploding atom b

This is despicable! How sadist can people get?

I think they kept the bombs very appropriately; between 2 cars or so to cause the vibrations to shatter the glass. Just the bomb can't do this I feel.

Sheh! I'm disgusted.
Old 27th October 2011, 20:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Diwali destruction: OSRVMs and driver's side window shattered by exploding atom b

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This is despicable! How sadist can people get?

I think they kept the bombs very appropriately; between 2 cars or so to cause the vibrations to shatter the glass. Just the bomb can't do this I feel.

Sheh! I'm disgusted.
Not between two cars. The indica was parked like this, at the side of he colony road. Its daily parked like this only.
Attached Thumbnails
Diwali destruction: ORVMs and driver's side window shattered by exploding atom bombs-photo0835.jpg  

Diwali destruction: ORVMs and driver's side window shattered by exploding atom bombs-photo0836.jpg  

Old 27th October 2011, 21:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nothing Stolen ? This could also be the work of robbers, who can easily plant a bomb and the sound of it hides the glass breaking. And then steal things from the car.
Old 27th October 2011, 21:28   #5

These anti-social elements must be punished. Thankfully, nothing got stolen, I assume things are well!
Old 27th October 2011, 21:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Yesterday we all celebrated Diwali with full passion and joy and by far and large, in our locality, it was peaceful.
Until today morning....
I was out for most of the time and then my dad told me that some unscrupulous elements carefully planted atom bomb (cracker) and shattered the driver's side OSRVM and driver side window of 7 cars.
All were carefully planned and the effects can be seen in the pictures that I took of our neighbour's 2004 Indica V2 petrol.
It seemed that it was some kind of a revenge....but somehow security in our area has deteriorated for the worse.
7 Cars in Mayur Vihar, Delhi?

It seems like the bomb was planted between the tight space of OSRVM and the driver side window.

If it has been done only with one car (Indica) then its because of revenge only. And if its done with 6 other cars also then its just for few miscreant's fun.

- Irish

Last edited by Irish : 27th October 2011 at 21:42.
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 22:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
7 Cars in Mayur Vihar, Delhi?

It seems like the bomb was planted between the tight space of OSRVM and the driver side window.

If it has been done only with one car (Indica) then its because of revenge only. And if its done with 6 other cars also then its just for few miscreant's fun.

- Irish
The irony is that all the cars (including this indica) belong to the top members who run the resident's welfare association. It can be a combination of the two.
Old 27th October 2011, 22:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 29th October 2011 at 14:36.
navan49 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th October 2011, 00:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Very sad. Either this is case of revenge or just for fun by some stupid elements. This could have caused fire also.

Which area is this?
Old 28th October 2011, 00:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Pure disgusting! How cheap can people get?

If nothing's been stolen from the car some sadists wanted to have fun,so they carefully placed these bombs and blew them off unfortunately you have to pay the price for it.

OT: I hope that these atom /hydrogen bombs are banned. Other than making a LOT of noise its good for nothing.
Old 28th October 2011, 05:31   #11
TOR
BHPian

Deplorable!
This must be intentional. The cracker must have been placed inside the ORVM housing and then lit. As seen in the photo the ORVM has taken the maximum damage, the shredded pieces from the ORVM and the pressure blast must have knocked out the window.
Old 28th October 2011, 10:42   #12
BHPian

Quote:
The irony is that all the cars (including this indica) belong to the top members who run the resident's welfare association. It can be a combination of the two.
If that is the case, you can very well guess who the miscreants are

Did you recently pass any resolution that hurt someone/group? Did you remove someone from a job? Did you refuse Diwali bonus to somebody? etc.

While I 200% support bursting crackers during Diwali and enjoying to the core, I am appalled by this news.
Old 28th October 2011, 11:07   #13
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th October 2011 at 14:37.
zaks is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th October 2011, 11:14   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Until today morning....
This is very sad! I guess the need of the hour is neighborhoods must start installing CCTV's, in this way at least the culprits can be captured on camera and brought to justice!
Old 28th October 2011, 12:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: Diwali destruction: ORVMs and driver's side window shattered by exploding atom bo

This is very very sad, to see folks having pleasure in doing this. Not really sure what they get at the end of it.

For once i was going to say until i read the post completely "What was the security doing". Is it possible to get some security for the cars parked outside as i am sure there are bright chances this will be repeated next year as well, and its only a matter of time when this revenge seeking souls decide to plant the bomb somewhere near the fuel lines.

Somehow apartments having car parking inside the complex looks like a much better option after reading/seeing all this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks