Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2011, 21:41   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Be very careful - Rage on the Road in Gurgaon

We are a highly immature society and quite uncivilized too. Only Might is Right, it seems. What more can one expect when half the chaps that have access to both money and fancy vehicles have no education to speak of? Education not in the sense of mere book knowledge, I mean education in the true sense! It is quite a visible sign of a rapidly deteriorating society where perpetrators of such criminal behavior are actually allowed to get away scot free! The law is there, but as usual, there is no enforcement of it to speak of!
Old 17th December 2011, 00:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Be very careful - Rage on the Road in Gurgaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Actually I think you got me wrong. By tailing I didnt mean they were bumper to bumper. You cant do that at 60-70 speeds, even if you are Shumacher. He was "behind" SUV is what I meant at a "Delhi" reasonable distance behind

As soon as SUV started overtaking the car in front by moving to left lane, there was more space for my friend, and he started accelerating to take the space vacated by the SUV. Thats what normally all of us do all the time. I dont see any wrong in that. If I dont take the space, somebody else will. Thats the rule on Indian roads. Anyway, even in his wildest dreams, my friend couldnt have anticipated what the SUV guy would do next! I mean, I have been driving in India for last 6+ years and have done about 50k+ KM, but I havent seen anything like that. What that SUV guy did doesnt even come in "unexpected" class. It was plain crazy. My friend was accelerating, and then suddenly had to brake. But then it was too late by that time!

The guy in the front car was victim of road rage of the SUV guy, my friend was just at wrong place at wrong time!

Note that I am saying SUV and not taxi. It wasnt a taxi!

There is no "Delhi" rule for distance - the guideline is 3 second rule (Maruti Drivin school guys have 2 second rule).

The thing you described is something bikers do here in Hyderabad every day, and situation was same in NCR 6 yrs ago (there is no reason why it would have improved by now).

I have very rarely met an accident victim who got into the accident due to his own fault, or who could have done anything at all to prevent it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks