Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 12:25   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: If you follow traffic rules in Bangalore ,you end up like this !

I would advice, If you are not prepared to fight it out till the end, don't make hand gestures or shout or anyway try to provoke unless something happened. Its just happened, you provoked them and they reacted in worst way. They would have fought with anyone, but being you being non kannadiga gave them advantage.

Agree you taken few blows, but in legal terms you getting injured was great advantage. You could have got admitted in Govt hospital and filed an FIR for attempt to Murder, and that would mean public prosecutor would have taken your case. And that guy would have suffered like a hell for 2-3 years attending courts, and you have advantage of skipping court on your will as you are victim. Greatest punishment is to attend courts waiting for whole day for their turn.

Last edited by shamanth : 15th December 2011 at 12:28.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 13:12   #62
BHPian

I am driving in Blr for last one year( My car has a KA numberplate). I am new to this part of India and do not know the native language. I have experienced similar issues for not knowing Kannada ; also once when I tried to register my complaint in a police station for an accident (a M800 rammed into my Ritz; it came from the wrong direction in a one-way road at late night), the policemen initially did not want to take my FIR. They constantly asked my questions in Kannada and I requested them to speak in English or Hindi but they did not oblige and made fun of me. Finally a Rs.500/- not did the needful and I could register my complaint.
Old 15th December 2011, 15:05   #63
BHPian

If anyone needs complete info on the vehicle, they need to know only vehicle number and the chassis number.

For the vehicle you have mentioned, here are the details:

Also, the link to visit is:
https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/face...rchDetails.jsp

Search Result for KA01MA5586
Vehicle Details
This Vehicle is Registered in RTO, BANGALORE CENTRAL , KARNATAKA
[Status Last Replicated on 14-Dec-2011 11:12:29]
Registration No: KA01MA5586 Engine No: F8DN4066431
Vehicle Class: LMVCAR-L.M.V. (CAR) Chassis No: MA3EYD81SOO476903
Purchase dt: 18-Feb-2005 Fitness Upto: 17-Feb-2020
Registration dt: 18-Feb-2005 Dealer: Aadi
Body Type: Owner Sr.No: 1
Manufacturer: Maker/Model: MARUTI ALTO
Seating Cap: 5 Standing Cap: 0
Wt-Unladen: 740 Kgs. GVW: 0 Kgs.
Fuel: PETROL Cubic Cap: 796.00
Wheelbase: 0 PAN-GIR No: 0
No of Cylinders: 3 Horse Power: 0.00
Color: S SILVER Sale Amount: 1
Owner Details
Owner's Name: PRAKASH.B.P. Father's Name: NA
Present Address: RAMAIAH PILLAIAH384, VIRAT NAGARBOM
MANAHALLIBANGALORE Permanent Address:
City: -560068 City: -560068
Hypothecation Details
Financer's Name: ICICI BANK LTD With Effect From: 18-Feb-2005
Address: BANGALORE null -
Insurance Details
Company: Type:
Validity: to
mahadev_kc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 15:17   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
A similar incident to happened to my cousin bout 5 years back. He was approaching a small bridge and a sumo cuts in front of him causing him to brake suddenly. He swears at the sumo, which suddenly stops cutting him off, and some guys come out, one holds a knife to my cousins neck and asks if theres some problem. lets off after apologising. could have gone either way.

Now this is real scary. Where did this incident happen? Bangalore?
Old 15th December 2011, 16:31   #65
Senior - BHPian

Today morning saw an interesting incident on the Hosur Road just before the Madivala Flyover towards Forum mall. A TN registered Swift just touched a biker who suddenly decided to take a left from the rightmost lane .The biker slips and falls down . A huge crowd gathers within 10 seconds and seeing this ,the car guy tries to flee .The biker who was supposedly hurt till now ,suddenly gets up runs after the car and throws his helmet to crack the rear windshield of the car !

The car driver in all this confusion forgets to change his gear and I could hear the car hitting the revv limiter in the first gear .I take my car behind the swift and slow down so that others following him cant catch up .People start abusing me ,but I say i want to turn right and hence I moved into that lane .I also say I didnt watch what was happening ,but I advise them to note down the car number and not leave him .They stop following him as there is no way they could catch him on foot .

I know i risked getting other fingers also broken ,but there was no way I could watch all this happening and let one more driver end up with fractured fingers

Last edited by speedsatya : 15th December 2011 at 16:34.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 17:01   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Well, my take on it. I would say SpeedSatya, your hand gestures might have provoked him.
I recall an incident sometime ago when I had gone for a quiet coffee with my wife at Chandni Chowk @Pune - bang in front of a police checkpost. There is very little space for parking cars and I was lucky to get one. After our coffee, when we came to the car, an Indica was parked perpendicular to my car at the rear with no space whatsoever to wriggle out.

I got "slightly" irritated and just honked the horn "LONG ENOUGH". No words, no gestures, just honked. They were 10 of them and in three Indicas parked one after another which I failed to notice earlier. I got thrashed black and blue, ended up with broken glasses, swollen face etc. My wife tried to intervene in between but was pushed, and she was in her first trimester. Thank God, nothing serious happened, else I would have never been able to forgive myself. We DO need to practice restrain, its not worth it, whether you are travelling alone or with loved ones.

That is the reason why I use the quote in my signature.

"Its better to wear slippers than put carpet on earth".
Boss, I really hope that you filed a police complaint and got these animals punished........
Old 15th December 2011, 17:12   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Speedsatya, very sorry to read about your incident. Can't help but feel that it was avoidable if you could have resisted provocation. These kind of low life creatures cannot be taught. We have to learn to manage our anger and frustration and move on.

THe timing of my daily drive to office coincides with the time this high court judge goes to the court. Everyday I see his driver jumping the divider and zooming at unimaginable speeds on New BEL Road. Now this person is supposed to be the Judge, the person who is supposed to deliver justice. My blood boils when I see this happening everyday. Yes he is given a car with a beacon. THis privelege is given to him to so that he his not held up in traffic when there is an urgent need for him to get to court or wherever in exceptional cases. But for a judge to have no respect for traffic rules is just pathetic in my eyes and I tended to reach office fuming and spoiling my day. I have just learnt to accept it. There is nothing much I can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
I know i risked getting other fingers also broken ,but there was no way I could watch all this happening and let one more driver end up with fractured fingers
Be careful Satya. It is not for you and I to get involved in such incidents. THere is no way you can have knowledge of exactly who was wrong or who was right. For all you know you may have helped someone committing a hit-and-run get away.
Old 15th December 2011, 17:29   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
...... After all, I am not driving a truck that I have to bother too much on the energy involved in moving the car to a different lane and getting back again.
is this why they do that? I always wondered. those truck/bus drivers must be having really good sense of energy consumption of their vehicle. using E=mc^2 in realtime :-)

Quote:
Thought will share with you whatever I went through yesterday .

Date :14 December 2011
Time : 5pm IST
The other vehicle : Alto,KA01MA5586

For those who dont know ,the speed limit on this toll road is 80 kph .But ,its very rare that you see people follow this limit.Its only when vehicles approach the point where the Bangalore Traffic Police ( BTP) stands once in a while ,that people slow down to 80 .And ,once you see from the distance that there is no cop standing ,downshift and floor the A pedal .

I left office at 5 pm and was driving at 70 kph on the left lane .There was another vehicle that was overtaking me on the right when I see this Alto being driven like mad cutting in and out of traffic .This idiot tries to squeeze in between my car and the other vehicle that is overtaking me .All this on a 2 lane road ! I swerve to the left to avoid contact and just gesture at him for driving so rash .I put my hand out to say this .All of a sudden ,this moron brakes right in front of me ,forcing me to stop .Vehicles behind us somehow avoid a pile up .

2 guys get down from the car and seeing my MH number ,start speaking in Kannada .I do understand Kannada ,but I cant speak .So i reply in English .
They tell me that I am from MH and should go back to where i come from .It seems in KA they dont follow rules .I only tell him that he should be driving more carefully and the speed limit is 80 which he was clearly exceeding .

Both these people jump on me and one guy starts punching .I somehow block them and give it back with a kick and a slap .Realising that they cannot do much ,they start calling the other cab drivers and tell them that this guy from MH is teaching us rules in KA !!

He also tells me that rules are for your baap ! The next time you hear someone honking in a KA car either crash your car off the bridge or make way !

And , i am left with a fractured little finger .All for following traffic rules !

Another thing I want to point out are the shameless car drivers .All of them were watching this enfold in front of them ,but no one came to stop this .Hadnt i given back ,dunno what extent would this have gone on to !
it's very unfortunate indeed. it seems like we are living in a time where most of us are in perpetual rage for 24/7. people instead of accepting their mistake and apologize for the same, are getting angry on realising their mistakes! i wish your hand get back to its healthy self soon.
Old 15th December 2011, 17:32   #69
BHPian

SpeedSatya,

Sorry to hear about Your bout, glad things didnt get uglier. Take care of Yourself and Your family - the world can wait.

Regards.
Old 15th December 2011, 17:32   #70
BHPian

Really unfortunate incident. Hope you are well soon.

Road rage is language agnostic; if you dont know the language or have a different State registration, look different then it just adds to what was already supposed to be a difficult situation.

Having been in Bangalore all my life I have seen this get from bad to worse. Unfortunately its not as clear cut as saying that the cops need to do a better job; which they should, but as road users all of us must be respectful of the others on the road.

A majority of the people driving/riding dont follow traffic rules (in any city in India), don't respect pedestrians and are always in a hurry. The only way there can be any form of improvement is if a significant number of people actually voluntarily do whats good for them and the others on the road.

The traffic density in Bangalore has gone up drastically and with more number of people coming into the city its just getting worse. The only way to get through this is by showing restraint and educating those around you.

Parik
Old 15th December 2011, 18:01   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
THere is no way you can have knowledge of exactly who was wrong or who was right. For all you know you may have helped someone committing a hit-and-run get away.
I was following this car .It was clearly the bikers fault as he wanted to go left from the rightmost lane . Had it been the car driver's fault I might have blocked him

Though I agree to some extent that I am answerable for my actions to my family ,there are times when your heart rules the brain ...this was one such instance
Old 15th December 2011, 18:23   #72
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was following this car .It was clearly the bikers fault as he wanted to go left from the rightmost lane . Had it been the car driver's fault I might have blocked him
Why? Even in case of a hit (to a human), as per my understanding of the law, the driver has the freedom not to stop and go directly to the police station if he/she has enough reason to believe that if he/she stops, the mob might harm him/her.
Old 15th December 2011, 18:34   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Why? Even in case of a hit (to a human), as per my understanding of the law, the driver has the freedom not to stop and go directly to the police station if he/she has enough reason to believe that if he/she stops, the mob might harm him/her.
Yes .All I said is I 'might' have blocked him . In reality,I wouldnt do anything as reckless as that, where I would try and come in between someone trying to flee .At the most I would have noted the vehicle number .

And none of us would ever advise anyone to try and block a moving vehicle .

Last edited by speedsatya : 15th December 2011 at 18:47.
Old 15th December 2011, 18:44   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
No, As per law if Driver hit someone, he has to stop the vehicle and transport victim to hospital. If he speed away or goes to police station, it will be hit and run.
Old 15th December 2011, 18:48   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Now this person is supposed to be the Judge, the person who is supposed to deliver justice. My blood boils when I see this happening everyday. Yes he is given a car with a beacon. THis privelege is given to him to so that he his not held up in traffic when there is an urgent need for him to get to court or wherever in exceptional cases. But for a judge to have no respect for traffic rules is just pathetic in my eyes and I tended to reach office fuming and spoiling my day. I have just learnt to accept it. There is nothing much I can do about it.
A good 95% of the cars carrying "judicial officers" are driven rash - this is an observation i've made during my journeys. The red board claiming "Judge" and the beacon on the top are considered a "privilege" by these so-called "educated" people to break rules. They overtake left, right, centre, drive really rash, and they care not a bit for traffic rules. Sad, but true.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks