Team-BHP - My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/116962-my-ford-figo-rammed-behind-police-jeep-2.html)

Thanks to each and eveyone of you for your support and wishes. From Sikander bagh crossing when we head towards Nishatganj pull there is a botanical garden gate on that road. There only the accident happened.

@Happyroadie,

Feel very sorry for you, the damage seems to be considerable:eek:. How is the claim process going to be? Will the cops jeep insurance cover the entire repair cost? What was told to you by the cops?

Considering that they should lead by example, really sad to know that the law enforcers go around with faulty brakes:Frustrati. Hope the hole in your pocket is small enough to come back to normal.

Reaction was as expected. When I talked to the officials they said that brakes can fail in any car. Then after some arguements they said that your car must covered under insurance. Then later 2 of them went to the workshop with my driver and later went back. Thats it.

Sorry for your Figo, Happy Roadie. Really pains when you go through this for no fault of yours.

I observe that whenever Figos are rear-ended, the rear glass shatters to glory! And need we talk about the flimsy bumpers! Hope your car gets up and running soon!

The flimsy bumper actually helps in reducing the impacts in slow mishaps. Its doesn't get permanently bend. Whereas, in this case, it was hit by a jeep with razor sharp and extremely tough metal bumper. So this was bound to happen.

The speed of Jeep according to me was quite high as my vehicle got pushed for almost 10-15m . And as it is the bumper of Jeeps are solid metal.

Happyroadie,

It is indeed sad to see our loved beauty get hit by some morons. Thankfully no one is injured and we hope the cops take the ownership and atleast make your insurance claim an hassle free task.

I am sure we cannot take them to task but atleast hope they realize their mistake and help you in getting all the neccessary documents cleared.

Regards,
Aravind

Tough luck, HappyRoadie. Being rear-ended is no fun and trust me, it is NEVER your fault. It just may be a genuine brake failure though I have my doubts. You should seriously consider shifting to zero-depreciation cover when you renew insurance next. I have done this after my Vento got rear-ended by an Alto in crawl-speed traffic (no damage done but it was a wake-up call).

Happy Roadie, sorry to see the state of your Figo, but equally I'm glad no one was hurt. Don't worry, she'll be as good as new in a couple of days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanwaramit (Post 2703684)
The cops wont be paying for the damage.

Umm, even if it was a regular Joe like you or me, he should NOT pay for the damage. That's what insurance is for. Look up third party insurance coverage.

If anyone demands money out of you in an accident, tell them to get lost. Just lodge a police complaint, file an insurance claim and let the insurers take care of it.

You can also get other dents and scratches which you got earlier addressed into this claim. At least you wont feel the pinch while shelling out your part of payment, which needs to be done to the dealer apart from the insurer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 2705204)
You can also get other dents and scratches which you got earlier addressed into this claim. At least you wont feel the pinch while shelling out your part of payment, which needs to be done to the dealer apart from the insurer.

Don't want to be picky but its already mentioned on the very first post by HappyRoadie that the car wasn't even scratched once, before this mishap happened.

I am just hoping that there is no damage to the suspension. Though while driving the car I did not heard any noise. Most probably tomorrow I will know the details. And the best part is that initially I had planned to take the Safari but then decided to go in Figo only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2705123)
Happy Roadie, sorry to see the state of your Figo, but equally I'm glad no one was hurt. Don't worry, she'll be as good as new in a couple of days.

Umm, even if it was a regular Joe like you or me, he should NOT pay for the damage. That's what insurance is for. Look up third party insurance coverage.

If anyone demands money out of you in an accident, tell them to get lost. Just lodge a police complaint, file an insurance claim and let the insurers take care of it.

If you damage other's vehicle out of your negligence or mistake you should be paying the damages out of your insurance right? As you said the 3rd party damage?

In this case if he has to do the insurance he loses on depreciation + documentation charges + no claim bonus.

All the police and govt vehicles have a 3rd party insurance. They should have a provision to pay other damage through this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsag12 (Post 2705267)
Don't want to be picky but its already mentioned on the very first post by HappyRoadie that the car wasn't even scratched once, before this mishap happened.

I am sure the car's right door was scratched once by a bus.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-diesel-3.html

So did the cops demand any compensation from you?
In Bangalore, in a similar incident, the cops would have berated you for driving in front of their jeep and booked you obstructing a civil servant's duty.