Team-BHP - My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/116962-my-ford-figo-rammed-behind-police-jeep-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 2708170)
Visiting the ASSC and creating a pressure that you need the car at earliest will increase the pace of things going on. IMO, they work on these type of cases in their sweet time and are busy in finishing off the job cards of regular cars coming for service.

Exactly my opinion also. It is better that they take their time and give car in perfect condition. If we create pressure on them then they might not be able to do work perfectly.

Finally talked to the person who is dealing with my Figo. He has asked me to come on Monday. Their I will be given a rough estimate. Then I will have to sign some form which will be submitted to the insurance company. After all this the surveyor will come.

They asked me to come today so I will be going today to the workshop and will let you know the estimate cost. Just hoping that there is no damage to the chassis. Will update you all soon.

Got the estimate cost from the workshop. Total cost is Rs. 64660. Here is the breakup of the major parts -:

1. Denting-: 8000
2. Opening and refitting-: 6000
3. Diggi ( Hatch door)-: 4768
4. LH Tail lamp-: 1670
5. Rear glass-: 1430
6. LH Quarter Panel-: 6000
7. LH Quarter Panel inner panel-: 3000
8. Figo monogram and TDCi monogram-: 400 and 350

So the total including other minor stuff is 64660. Total tax is approx. 6600. Will submit this in the Insurance company and wait for the surveyor to come.

Where are the painting charges? Included in the list?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 2712663)
Where are the painting charges? Included in the list?

Oops my fault. The painting charges are 20,000.

So the total cost is 64650+20000=84650?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 2712919)
So the total cost is 64650+20000=84650?

No no. Painting is included in 64660. Out of 64660, 20,000 are of painting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyRoadie (Post 2712927)
No no. Painting is included in 64660. Out of 64660, 20,000 are of painting.

So what is your % in this amount? I guess the paint & metal will incur some depriciation as well unless you have bumper to bumper cover.

I suggest you also get an estimate from an independent garage. What is included in the denting? If the panels and hatch door are going to be replaced, I am curious what denting would include.

Even with the insurance thrown in, the figure looks too big.

Opening and refitting? What?

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee (Post 2713809)
I suggest you also get an estimate from an independent garage. What is included in the denting? If the panels and hatch door are going to be replaced, I am curious what denting would include.

Even with the insurance thrown in, the figure looks too big.

Opening and refitting? What?

The above estimate was given to me by the workshop people. The insurance company's surveyor has yet not come. After he visits the workshop then only I will know the amount that I will be getting from the insurance company.

Getting an estimate from independent garage is a good idea. Lets see if is it possible as the car is in the workshop since the day of accident.

I believe most of the insurance companies provide cashless facility, where you need to pay just the difference amount by cash. Rest of the money is paid to the dealer by the Insurance Company directly. Do consult with the insurer regarding this issue.

I believe the insurer might hesitate to disburse money if the work is done @ Independent garage. Also it would be tough for the garage to manage spares (Like the metal panels, bumpers, clips, paint etc.) since ford doesn't sell them in open market (like maruti & tata) and only provides them for the cars being worked on their job card and in their facility. Also it would be tough to match the original color shade, since yours (Squeeze) is a unique color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 2714054)
I believe most of the insurance companies provide cashless facility, where you need to pay just the difference amount by cash. Rest of the money is paid to the dealer by the Insurance Company directly. Do consult with the insurer regarding this issue.

I believe the insurer might hesitate to disburse money if the work is done @ Independent garage. Also it would be tough for the garage to manage spares (Like the metal panels, bumpers, clips, paint etc.) since ford doesn't sell them in open market (like maruti & tata) and only provides them for the cars being worked on their job card and in their facility. Also it would be tough to match the original color shade, since yours (Squeeze) is a unique color.

I will get it done in Ford workshop only. I am happy to see that the spares are not that expensive. Rear bumper for just 3100 is quite reasonable. Wondering what would have been the cost if it was Polo in place of Figo. I have to make sure that they provide rear wiper also as now ZXI variant does not comes with rear wiper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 2714054)

Independent garages too could arrange for the insurance claims. I even have small time dent repair guys claiming to do insurance claims work.

As for the original parts, my parts vendor could arrange original Fiesta suspension (made in Brazil) for my Ikon (which goes by the Fiesta name in Europe), I bought 'Ford' stamped spark plugs from him. So I don't really buy the argument. There's little in the car that Ford produces inhouse. Whatever they purchase from other vendors should be available in the open market (from the vendor directly).

The suggestion to check an independent garage is more with the denting as well as replacement confusion in the Ford estimate given above. If at all denting has to be done, why not fix the quarter panel? The Ford service centre will be happy to replace it with a brand new one, charging you for the metal as well as paint, while there's a possibility you could get it repaired for a fraction of the price and still be able to claim insurance on the repairs.

The only hassles I could see are the cashless facility and the exact shade. If the independent garage charges you half of the Ford estimate, I would be willing to sacrifice the cashless facility. About matching the shade, it's something best answered by the garage.

So all in all, yes, do go ahead and get the car checked out at some independent garage.

Yesterday went to the workshop and was really happy to see my Figo back in its glory. They informed that the car is completely ready. They are just waiting for the surveyor to come and click final set of photos.