Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2013, 13:55   #31
BHPian

Re: How a bunch of goons ruined my wife's evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Krap, just confirmed with my wife.
The bike did not even touch the car. That dent and scartch is an old one.
So those scumbags harassed her to pay for their speeding adventure.

What is more starking is cold attitude of police stations in helping a lonely woman. I despise such lethargic law system in this country where common man is not safe.

I am aghast to hear words like - "Madam, you are lady that is why I am just speaking, had it been a man I would have dropped him from fith floor of this parking". What a nice way to scare the hell out of a lonely woman.

How do I feel? Don't ask. Just that next time I get into such situation, I just hope this incident doesn't act as fuel for outcome.
My best wishes are with you, in the fight back. I will say take it slow and steady. Did you try the human rights commission complaint? It can be done online. They are quite active nowadays. As always media hype will bring attention, but that may be a bit too much to be comfortable in your daily life. Just my suggestion.
http://nhrc.nic.in/ --> website. Also do see the attached pdf.Compformat.pdf

Last edited by 999 : 29th January 2013 at 13:58.
999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 14:21   #32
BHPian

Surprisingly my buddy got call from ACP office this morning. He was helping me by calling all numbers he could find last night.

Apparently, someone tallied and called him back. I was asked to call on a number.

I called was assured of action. They told someone from Mico Layout police station will contact me. Promptly I got a call from Inspector Rajesh. He asked to come down to Police station tomorrow and file a formal complaint.

Let us see what transpires there.
acroback is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 14:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Surprisingly my buddy got call from ACP office this morning. He was helping me by calling all numbers he could find last night.

Apparently, someone tallied and called him back. I was asked to call on a number.

I called was assured of action. They told someone from Mico Layout police station will contact me. Promptly I got a call from Inspector Rajesh. He asked to come down to Police station tomorrow and file a formal complaint.

Good to know Pradeep. Please follow it up and file a complaint.
You can reach me if you need any help.
Old 29th January 2013, 15:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:

If you need any help or any kind of support, please do not hesitate to call. I have sent a PM with my contact details and number. I dont have much influence in this dreadful city, but whatever I can do, I will.

On a related note, I think we all should setup an emergency list of contact numbers within TBHP for each region in a city ? This would be voluntary and no compulsions on anyone to join in. So that in case of any emergency like a road-rage or mugging or accident or any other issue, we can contact one another for urgent help ? Does that make sense ? I think it is high time we took it upon ourselves to help OURSELVES and our loved ones !!

As a responsible community, we can and must do whatever little we can to make sure that such things do not happen.

Does this make sense to anyone or am I just being too much of an optimist ?
Xryder is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 15:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
On a related note, I think we all should setup an emergency list of contact numbers within TBHP for each region in a city ? This would be voluntary and no compulsions on anyone to join in. So that in case of any emergency like a road-rage or mugging or accident or any other issue, we can contact one another for urgent help ? Does that make sense ? I think it is high time we took it upon ourselves to help OURSELVES and our loved ones !!
This is a great idea! Especially useful for those who are not local or just travelling through town.
I hope this is taken forward as an initiative, though I am sure some of us may have issues with publishing numbers in a public domain. Perhaps these details can be made available only to members?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 15:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
This is a great idea! Especially useful for those who are not local or just travelling through town.
I hope this is taken forward as an initiative, though I am sure some of us may have issues with publishing numbers in a public domain. Perhaps these details can be made available only to members?
The list would be compiled for members only. We can sort that out during one of our next quick meets ? It all depends on how many people volunteer for this ? I think it should be done for each city.
Old 29th January 2013, 15:46   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to hear about the incident. Makes one feel really filled with frustration.
Did your wife take down the number of the bike by any chance? I feel a major part of blame lies with the Fortis security. You said your wife parked in there compound and went inside the hospital. And then when she returns she finds these goons surrounding the car. That speaks volumes about the Fortis security. Aren't they responsible for your vehicle when its parked in there premises? How can they allow unidentified miscreants to just enter and surround your car? What if its just a regular burglar out there to flick your car's ICE etc?
Old 29th January 2013, 16:11   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post

Does this make sense to anyone or am I just being too much of an optimist ?
Xryder: That makes perfect sense. This will really be comforting & re-assuring that we have a family in every town or city that we cross while travelling- The Teambhp Family. It will be a life saver in case one has a car breakdown, accident, road rage or any other unfortunate event. May also be used to know fellow bhpians personally which will take our community even forward.

This is a fantastic idea and I support it. Why not to add a sub-forum/ section here only which will be open & accessible only for the registered members of teambhp. Please do it & let us plan to take it forward from here. I would like to hear from mods if this is possible.

PS: I am reporting this post to mods for a review and for their insight.

Regards.

Last edited by saket77 : 29th January 2013 at 16:14.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 16:29   #39
BHPian

Quote:

Go ahead with the complaint and teach them a lesson. Don’t leave these kind of morons. When I was in Bangalore I came across many situations similar to this, but not to the extent of this one. I am very sorry for your family and the hurt feelings.

We are all behind you and in case you need an assistance please convey to us.
Old 29th January 2013, 16:38   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Very disturbing, but cannot say I am very surprised. Bullying and intimidating a driver who seems to have the capacity to pay is routine these days. Just a few weeks ago, my friend got fleeced out of 4000/- by a Santro whom my friend rear-ended. My friend accepted responsibility and asked the driver to claim insurance and take the difference amount from him but he flatly refused and started to make threats if he wasn't paid on the spot. My friend had an important meeting to go to and agreed.

In my Bangalore days, I have been chased right up to my doorstep by a couple of bikers who claimed that I had caused an accident. An overloaded truck was taking an illegal U-turn on the ORR and I had braked and changed lanes to avoid it. The bikers could not brake in time and skidded off the tarmac and fell. They were at least 20 feet behind me when they fell, in a different lane. That didn't stop them from chasing me all the way home and demanding "compensation".

If we had the support of our authorities, we could still muster up the courage to face these bullies. The sad fact is that no cop is interested in helping you out and will tell you to "compromise" if you even manage to bring it to their attention. In my case, these days I tell the missus to keep a friend's Dad's number handy (a retired ACP). Maybe that will help.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 17:29   #41
Team-BHP Support

Thats good. But although this is moving in the right direction, it in no way justifies the attitude of the cops at Hulimavu police station who washed their hands off any responsibility. Please do not forget to bring up this point quite strongly when you speak to the ACP.
Old 29th January 2013, 18:12   #42
BHPian

Mods : Is it possible to implement a TBHP emergency contact directory where registered members volunteer their contact details ?
Some guidelines :
1.This directory would be accessible only to registered TBHP members.
2. No compulsion. Only voluntary.
3. If possible allot one Mod in each city as a Marshall for this initiative in that city so that the initiative comes under the purview of the TBHP community and makes sure that we adhere to the appropriate decorum.
4. Split up the city into zones with each zone having 5 to 10 voluntary members who can be contacted 24x7 for emergency situations in that area.
5. One member who is a Doctor/or has a Doctor in the family and is ready to volunteer his/her service for an emergency like an accident in each zone.
5. We could even look at introducing CB radios for us to communicate in a specific city?

I'm just trying to figure out if this is achievable and if it would make people feel a little more safer. Something has to be done.

As a pilot project, we can try this out in Bangalore and then adapt a perfected model to other cities. We can even try talking to the city police to support a citizens watch initiative.

Last edited by Xryder : 29th January 2013 at 18:21.
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 18:15   #43
BHPian

I believe a FIR with the police station should be in order so that a history is built on such offenders. The police should hopefully take up the matter and send notice for investigation and harassing a lady for no fault of hers. Fortis management should have helped lady in distress by calling up the police, this seems to be ruse to extract money for the damage caused to the bike. It is always better to be part of some group inorder to gather some support crowd at times of crisis such as these. Hope you and your wife recover from the shock.
Old 29th January 2013, 18:17   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Just thinking loud - Was there any CC cameras installed in the compound? If so, some of these details like people harassing her might have been captured right? I read that they threatened she will be thrown out of the floor, which makes me thinking she was in some level of valet parking?!

If we have some clips, it might help police track these guys quicker too.

It's really sad to see such things happening in almost every city. The cultured & educated are bound to be harassed for no fault of theirs.

Reading these, I guess it's time to make some self-defense classes mandatory for every student at least till 10th standard so that they can face such stiff situations with courage & presence of mind.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 19:16   #45
BHPian

Felt terribly sorry for the incident mate, we can suggest many things sitting in front of our PCs, but the person in situtaion knows what actually he/she is going through. Please do take care next time.

Folks, there was an Emergency Ladies Helpline Number 181, which was launched last week, could someone confirm if this is operational ? If yes, we can have all our ladies to use this in case of any trouble.

Also we will need Criminal Lawyers on this forum who can help the people in need to take some strong action..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks