Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2006, 18:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueunlimited
My advice would be that don't claim insurance... Coz 20k is a very minimal cost for Skoda repairs... the exact same thing happened to my Skoda... Trust me, you can claim the insurance when something much bigger(god forbid) happens... like say if the airbag does come out the whole dashboard unit costs around 1.5 - 2 lks...
I love skoda when it comes about helping "lightening your wallet".

You will not lose bonus but will have to pay a bit mre premium next time. You will lose teh premium discout if you claim. But its better to claim for amounts 10k up. You never knw what the Skoda bills gonna be and lol, i love Skoda.

You need the paper (GD) frm traffic police to make a claim though.

2lac for a change, god.

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd May 2006 at 18:27.
Old 22nd May 2006, 18:26   #17
Team-BHP Support

Insurance is there for a reason. If we are talking about amounts of Rs.3000 to 5000 or so, then its probably a good idea not to bother with the claim. However Rs.20,000 is nothing to sneeze at. Thats what he is probably paying as total premium for the car right now.

For him not to take insurance on a bill of Rs.20K is absurd! And its a gamble. What happens if, god forbid, tomorrow another accident happens, which costs say 50K to fix. Then he would be forced to claim insurance and loose his NCB anyway.

For such a large amount, its a gamble. Either way, the house always wins when you gamble, so just take the route which causes the least loss.

Last edited by Rtech : 22nd May 2006 at 18:27.
Old 22nd May 2006, 18:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Is this 20k based on an estimate from your garage? From what you told me your last service cost you nearly 20k thanks to fender painting, denting and the replacement of one headlamp washer unit - this one may be more than what you estimate so I suggest you get a proper estimate before you decide whether or not to claim insurance.

You seem to be having a tough time with your car. My condolences....
Old 22nd May 2006, 19:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Is this 20k based on an estimate from your garage? From what you told me your last service cost you nearly 20k thanks to fender painting, denting and the replacement of one headlamp washer unit - this one may be more than what you estimate so I suggest you get a proper estimate before you decide whether or not to claim insurance.

You seem to be having a tough time with your car. My condolences....
That service also included changing engine oil, brake pads and oil filter. Now instead i'm having ideas abt gettin the hood repaired as it doesn't look as bad as it is in the pix. Then ofcourse painting has to be done. Would also have to get the grills.

This is turning out to be one of the worst years ever for the car...from a blown ECU to this!!
Old 22nd May 2006, 19:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

I don't think you need to pay the Innova owner anything. Tell him that you will inform his insurance company that it was your fault and your insurance company is bound to pay for his damage also(That is what your third party cover is for). You lose your NCB on your claim anyway so why should you worry?
Old 22nd May 2006, 22:28   #21
BHPian

I would suggest to claim the insurance. Why pay the innova guy some 20K. If you tell him that u r gonna take it to insurance then am sure even his demand will come down and u can settle for less if that's what is in ur mind
Old 22nd May 2006, 22:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Okey...made up my mind to get the insurance. Would be wiser then shelling out 20k plus labour and painting charges.

Now isn't it needed to prepare an FIR inorder to get the insurance? Someone told me i can say that this happened while the car was parked and we only saw it when we came back. Can this be done? But then even if its possible i think we won't get the money to pay the Innova guy.

Any easier/shorter way to get the insurance process would be appreciated if shared.

PS - The Innova guy just has a dented bumper and he agreed that we can repair it from any workshop of our choice as long as its done neatly. Don't think it'll cost anything more than 5k MAX!
Old 22nd May 2006, 22:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
All petrol Skoda's come with discs and ABS on all four wheels. As for the L&K, I think it does have ABS.

Sure it can. Hyundai's Accent Viva and Getz have ABS, but only for the front wheels, not all four.
You forgot the Santro

NOw abt GD ; its gonna be a mess. Believe me. They will ask why you didnt tell them when it happened etc to start with. Ask you driver to go. They will have fun with you if you go alone. Got contacts? maybe ask teh Skoda gys to help.

All you have to do is get the GD report (maybe take more than one day), and give to the Skoda Service guys. End. ( Well thsi is what I had to do) . Hope Skoda guys atleast be easier at this unlike with bills.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks