Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2006, 12:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Car met with an accident..

My driver took the car out for some home purpose and crashed into an Innova. Was a rainy day so he said he stood on the brakes but the car didn't stop in time..The even worse part is that 'we' also had to pay money for the Innova which had a slightly dented bumper even tho he stopped suddenly.

Now the parts that need to be replaced are..
The bonnet - Rs.13,6xx
3 Grills on it - Rs.2,xxx each
Headlamp washer - ???
Bumper Grill - ???

And also painting the hood and the bumper..

So it will total to abt Rs.20k plus, so claiming insureance would be the better thing to do. Now can anyone tell me how much loss i'll be gettin on the parts and the bonus i'll be losing out on. If i'm not wrong i don't think ur premium gets affected by just one claim. And this would be our first claim since we got the car which is abt 1.5years now.

Last edited by karthik247 : 22nd May 2006 at 12:51.
Old 22nd May 2006, 12:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

sorry to hear thais Karthik

did ur car not have ABS?

I though all skodas came with ABS

As regards teh bonus, you will lose the benefit of one no claim bons, since your insurance will be in the third year now when u renew it.
Old 22nd May 2006, 12:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
As regards teh bonus, you will lose the benefit of one no claim bons, since your insurance will be in the third year now when u renew it.
Could you explain in detail....
Old 22nd May 2006, 13:28   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Was a rainy day so he said he stood on the brakes but the car didn't stop in time..The even worse part is that 'we' also had to pay money for the Innova which had a slightly dented bumper even tho he stopped suddenly..

Too bad, if he was following the innova, he should have kept a decent distance and given an extra margin for the wet. Clearly, your driver was in the wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami

did ur car not have ABS?

I though all skodas came with ABS

Only petrols came with ABS , skoda wanted to shave diesel prices to being it in line with the petrol price
Old 22nd May 2006, 13:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Too bad, if he was following the innova, he should have kept a decent distance and given an extra margin for the wet. Clearly, your driver was in the wrong

Only petrols came with ABS , skoda wanted to shave diesel prices to being it in line with the petrol price
Only the RS comes with four discs and ABS. The other diesel and petrol versions come with discs upfront and drum brakes at the rear. But still the L&K brchure says its got ABS. Can a car without four discs have ABS???

Gettin back to topic...
Old 22nd May 2006, 13:53   #6
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Can a car without four discs have ABS???
An accent Viva has ABS... front discs only i guess, and what about Swift, it too has ABS but 4 discs ???

anyways, your bumper is Fibre right ??? if so you'll be paid only half the damage cost by the insurance company... for plastic fibre parts only half amount is given.... you will also loose benefit of no-claim bonus....
Old 22nd May 2006, 14:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nutin wrong with the bumper, only painting required. In the case of the bonnet i'll be getting 90% the amount from insurance plus full coverage for painting i guess
Old 22nd May 2006, 14:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

My condolences.
OT:
Quote:
why not?? The Swift zxi, Fiesta has option,etc..
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:04   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Only the RS comes with four discs and ABS. The other diesel and petrol versions come with discs upfront and drum brakes at the rear. But still the L&K brchure says its got ABS.
All petrol Skoda's come with discs and ABS on all four wheels. As for the L&K, I think it does have ABS.

Quote:
Sure it can. Hyundai's Accent Viva and Getz have ABS, but only for the front wheels, not all four.
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:56   #10
BHPian

Why did ya have to pay for the innova damage???????
Old 22nd May 2006, 16:03   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead
Why did ya have to pay for the innova damage???????
My question as well! Shouldn't they claim from their insurer???
Old 22nd May 2006, 17:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hey Karthik247,

Check out how much is your "No claim Bonus" i.e. 40% or higher..Translate that to cash..iand compare that with the value of the current claim. from what i've read this will definitely be more than your "No claim" bonus. But it is worth it as you do not have to pay much.

All previous bonuses stand cancelled if you go through Insurance but can always start all over again..

There are some shortcuts though
Cheers
Old 22nd May 2006, 18:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak
My question as well! Shouldn't they claim from their insurer???
I have no idea. Thats what my driver told me over the phone..since we didn't want to take the issiue to the court, he said we'd have to pay settlement as we rammed him from behind.

We still haven't paid the amount tho'
Old 22nd May 2006, 18:13   #14
BHPian

My advice would be that don't claim insurance... Coz 20k is a very minimal cost for Skoda repairs... the exact same thing happened to my Skoda... Trust me, you can claim the insurance when something much bigger(god forbid) happens... like say if the airbag does come out the whole dashboard unit costs around 1.5 - 2 lks...
Old 22nd May 2006, 18:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueunlimited
My advice would be that don't claim insurance... Coz 20k is a very minimal cost for Skoda repairs... the exact same thing happened to my Skoda... Trust me, you can claim the insurance when something much bigger(god forbid) happens... like say if the airbag does come out the whole dashboard unit costs around 1.5 - 2 lks...
Still haven't decided if claiming insurance would be the right thing to do..Well if we don't lose out on the bonus then it'll be better off getting the insuance.

Exately why i started this thread, to know abt the insurance stuff..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks