Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2018, 02:01   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: What to do when your car is MARKED for THEFT by professional thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Anyone can buy a car as long as they can prove their place of residence + PAN card or sign some declaration in lieu of the PAN card.
Actually NO,

Can a foreign national of non-Indian origin resident outside India purchase immovable property in India?
A:
No. A foreign national of non-Indian origin, resident outside India cannot purchase any immovable property in India unless such property is acquired by way of inheritance from a person who was resident in India. However, he/she can acquire or transfer immovable property in India, on lease, not exceeding five years. In such cases, there is no requirement of taking any permission of/ or reporting to the Reserve Bank of India.

http://www.mea.gov.in/property-relat...of-nri-oci.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post

Iam wondering what is the next step they would take and what is the next step i should take.
Do check if they meet the criterion listed above. If they are in doubts or cannot prove, just return back Advance and move on. Do take proper acknowledgement for the return or better give them a cheque so that you have a record.

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th July 2018 at 02:06.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 05:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Actually NO
I follow the quoted rule but a car does not come under immovable property does it? The rule does not imply that a foreign national cannot buy a car.
Old 26th July 2018, 06:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I follow the quoted rule but a car does not come under immovable property does it? The rule does not imply that a foreign national cannot buy a car.
Any country you move to temporarily for work, etc allows you to buy a car. I don't think it's different in India.
Old 26th July 2018, 07:08   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Any country you move to temporarily for work, etc allows you to buy a car. I don't think it's different in India.
My bad, I misread immovable as movable. But I am still not sure if a foreigner will be able to provide an address and police clearance certificate which might be mandatory in case of foreigners, here's another thread

http://theforeignchallenge.com/how-t...icle-at-india/
Old 26th July 2018, 07:46   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Thanks everyone for the ideas - my friend is reading all your posts, but we are not posting what he is trying to do. You never know whether even thieves read TBHP these days!
You could wire a booby trap into the car that you have to disable before you get into it but if the thief tries, he gets say a face sprayed with indelible dye + a loud hooter noise when he cranks the engine.

That is besides everything else suggested in the thread.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 08:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Wow, I never knew that thieves would target the same car twice.

I'd say a clutch + steering lock and a gear lock will be the easiest solution. Breaking them open within 15 minutes is next to impossible.

GPS tracking devices would also be helpful.
Old 26th July 2018, 10:07   #52
Senior - BHPian

At the moment the car is safety parked. And the lift is switched off.
So even though it’s MARKED for theft. The thief is going to have a tough time getting this down.

Now even if I do give the token back Iam sure the car will be still marked for theft.
Attached Thumbnails
What to do when your car is MARKED for THEFT by professional thieves-3c20b80cd2d444e992a1386bffa9b7e7.jpeg  

What to do when your car is MARKED for THEFT by professional thieves-16a449a3748440bfbfa63e761eb4a9f4.jpeg  

danlalan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 11:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
At the moment the car is safety parked. And the lift is switched off.
So even though it’s MARKED for theft. The thief is going to have a tough time getting this down. .
If you don't have any firm agreement with them to sell it to them, I guess you should sell it off to any other buyer who offers the price you ask and comes with good credentials. You can let the Turkish buyer know and return their advance.

Also I hope during the test drive they took - you were in close quarters and they haven't taken a imprint of the keys. If they have, there's probably someone roaming around with a duplicate key to gain entry

Last edited by narayan : 26th July 2018 at 11:04.
Old 29th July 2018, 18:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Just an update:
My friend's car was stolen in another couple of years, AFAIK. Just gone in the morning :|
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 20:31   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So this query comes on behalf of a friend, SP, whose not a BHPian.
Quote:
Just an update:
My friend's car was stolen in another couple of years, AFAIK. Just gone in the morning :|
I couldn't understand your last post. Are you referring to your same friend? Was the car stolen after a few years of being marked?
Old 30th July 2018, 16:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
If you don't have any firm agreement with them to sell it to them, I guess you should sell it off to any other buyer who offers the price you ask and comes with good credentials. You can let the Turkish buyer know and return their advance.

Also I hope during the test drive they took - you were in close quarters and they haven't taken a imprint of the keys. If they have, there's probably someone roaming around with a duplicate key to gain entry

There is no firm agreement.
Well i was in close proximity but at that point of time i wasn't aware of the imprint of keys situation.

Update : So Upon giving them a story of knowing someone in the police station they did give me a Pan card and a copy of their international passport via whatsapp.

Also have installed a GPS tracker. and a steering lock. Will be getting a wheel lock today.

Iam wondering if i should notify the local Police station about this.
Old 30th July 2018, 16:58   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I couldn't understand your last post. Are you referring to your same friend? Was the car stolen after a few years of being marked?
Maybe he meant, the car which was stolen and returned couple of years ago is gone again.
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 14:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Eagerly re-reading this thread for what to do if and when I get my stolen Scorpio back

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4480421 (8 Scorpio mHawks stolen-immobilizer codes cracked!!!)
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 21:33   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Eagerly re-reading this thread for what to do if and when I get my stolen Scorpio back
I am extremely saddened to hear this news and hope you get it back soon.

In some apartment complexes, clamps are used to prevent residents from parking their cars in the visitors parking areas. Why not use such clamps on our cars if parked on the streets overnight? I really don't know if this has been discussed somewhere earlier, but this idea just cropped up!.
Old 19th October 2018, 23:18   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Just an update:
Wow, this is serious man!! I am sure this is something to do with the area and the manner in which it is parked or something similar, which makes it an easy target for preying eyes and an easy steal. This should not be anything to do with the five year old thieves. Also, it might be a hell of a coincidence.

BTW, I have one more hunch. Could it be related to post on this forum also? I mean, anybody can follow the forum and they would know if somebody else had marked it for theft some time back, there has be good reason.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks