Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:23   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjz View Post
anup if i am not mistaken one of the wagon R s used in the ahmedabad bomb blasts which was parked at the civil hospital was equipped with I cats and so where the Wagon Rs which where picked up the police in Surat.Infact if my memory does not fail all the three had icat systems
Does not necessarily mean that the iCats had been broken into. The cars might have been purchased on the used car market.
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:09   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Does not necessarily mean that the iCats had been broken into. The cars might have been purchased on the used car market.
Right on.

There was no report of these wagon R's being stolen, in fact they caught 2/3 dealers around Surat for selling these cars, meaning, the car was sold with the original key and the security was / is intact.

--Ramky.
======
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:14   #123
Team-BHP Support

I remember pretty well that at least one of the Wagons used in the Ahmedabad blast was stolen from Navi Mumbai. So they would have broken into the iCats if all of them were iCats enabled.
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:16   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I remember pretty well that at least one of the Wagons used in the Ahmedabad blast was stolen from Navi Mumbai. So they would have broken into the iCats if all of them were iCats enabled.
The operative words highlighted in bold.
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:01   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Zappo, Maruti started fitting iCATs in April-May 2007. The new, facelifted WagonRs had already been selling for a couple of months by then, without the iCATs. Only from May 2007 onwards, ALL Maruti cars were iCATs equipped. Almost impossible to tell by looks alone. You'd need to know the date of manufacture.
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:05   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
============
TOI 30th July, 08.

"Wagon R (MH-43-R-3569), stolen from Vashi and found abandoned with explosives in Surat with a fake number plate (GJ-6-CD-3569), belongs to Neeta Madhav of Sector 6 in Vashi.

A second stolen from Panvel (MH-06 8294), was also abandoned in Surat with explosives. It is owned by Pradeep Vaylar of Panvel. The thieves put a fake number plate (GJ-6-CD-8294) on it too.

The third vehicle, a Maruti 800 (MH-05-H-5764), was used in the LG Hospital blast in Ahmedabad with a fake number plate (GJ-6-CD-5764). It was owned by Raj Kumar Oberoi from Nerul. The fourth car (MH-06-AF-9719) was stolen from Panvel and used in the civil hospital blast with a fake number plate (GJ-6-CD-9817). It belonged to Narsappa Nageshwar of Panvel."
=============

@Zappo, you're right, the cars used the explosion at Ahemdabad were stolen. No mention of icats or if the cars were older models etc.,

I was confused between 2 other cars involved, one in Surat and Ahmedabad, Wagon Rs, bought from Navsari and the cops grilled the dealers.

--Ramky
======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 22nd December 2008 at 19:06.
Old 31st March 2012, 13:05   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 8 Scorpio mHawks stolen-immobilizer codes cracked!!!

Slightly OT,but nevertheless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post

"Wagon R stolen from Vashi and found abandoned in Surat with a fake number plate

A second stolen from Panvel was also abandoned in Surat
and poor WagonR owners in Surat faced the brunt by being stopped for silly reasons like "dark" films - and that too on visual inspection at twilight.

Last edited by vigsom : 31st March 2012 at 13:06. Reason: addition
Old 18th October 2018, 10:51   #128
BHPian

Folks,

BHPian hserus's Blue Scorpio S10 has been stolen last night. He had parked it on the street as usual and found it missing today morning. It seemed the theft happened after 11 PM.

Request to please have a look out for the vehicle and report if found to

Suresh Ramasubramanian - 9884064791 (Owner)
Karthik Chandrasekar - 9962579873

Or to the nearest police station, if possible.

Thanks

8 Scorpio mHawks stolen-immobilizer codes cracked!!!-img20181018wa0021.jpg

8 Scorpio mHawks stolen-immobilizer codes cracked!!!-img20181018wa0022.jpg

8 Scorpio mHawks stolen-immobilizer codes cracked!!!-img20181018wa0019.jpg

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 18th October 2018 at 10:59.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 10:55   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
BHPian hserus's Blue Scorpio S10 has been stolen last night.
Thanks for this update Karthik.

Suresh I am so sorry to read about this. Hope you can recover your car ASAP. Such a beautifully maintained vehicle.
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 18:48   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Thanks for this update Karthik.

Suresh I am so sorry to read about this. Hope you can recover your car ASAP. Such a beautifully maintained vehicle.
There's some grainy cctv footage here

https://twitter.com/k149in/status/10...803100160?s=21
hserus is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 19:21   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
There's some grainy cctv footage here

https://twitter.com/k149in/status/10...803100160?s=21
Sorry to hear about this theft and I hope you will find it back soon.

Did you give the Scorpio for servicing recently? Also please find out if your key was ordered on the company in recent past.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 20:29   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Sorry to hear about this theft and I hope you will find it back soon.

Did you give the Scorpio for servicing recently? Also please find out if your key was ordered on the company in recent past.
I'm in the process of finding that out. But only by Saturday given navratri holidays here.

For what it's worth the With You Hamesha app doesn't show any signs of a work order for duplicate keys.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 16:40   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I'm in the process of finding that out. But only by Saturday given navratri holidays here.

For what it's worth the With You Hamesha app doesn't show any signs of a work order for duplicate keys.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Apart from the dealership, there might be many illegal shops which do the coding of keys for such activities.

Requesting you to take up with the local police to investigate in this angle.

The only way of knowing your car's immobilizer codes and then to reprogram it to another car would be if someone had access to your remote fob to record the RFID data.

This can happen easily at FNGs, Local Car Wash / Mall Car Wash places and even car accessories shops.

Please do look into this angle for getting further leads.

Also, if your car has FASTAG, please check if any payments were last made from that account to track the toll gate's surrounding area.
Surya-TJet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 16:43   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post
This can happen easily at FNGs, Local Car Wash / Mall Car Wash places and even car accessories shops.

Please do look into this angle for getting further leads.

Also, if your car has FASTAG, please check if any payments were last made from that account to track the toll gate's surrounding area.
The car has fastag and no - it has not been used. If the thief has any sense he will have torn off the fastag sticker. There is no record of it passing any tolls so it is either in the city itself, or the thief used back roads to avoid the toll gates.

They already gathered a list of FNG, Valet Parking, Car Wash, Dealer etc locations that I frequently use. I guess they will compare it to another Scorpio in a nearby area that seems to have been lifted by the same fellow two or three days back.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 17:08   #135
BHPian

OMG. I am sorry to hear this Suresh. Horrified to hear that a car fitted with Immobilizer et all has been lifted. Surely Suresh it appears to me that your car must have been marked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks