Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2013, 15:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driverless Esteem spotted in Bangalore. EDIT : Hoax - See video on Page 4

Whatever he has done, its still some work to make it steer. How does he manage the rear view mirrors? The fact that he hasn't had any accident (hopefully) is good job done
Old 24th June 2013, 16:14   #77
BHPian

wow I actually sat and read every single post in here to get to the bottom of this.. and finally did with that video to prove it all. haha took me a while but it was worth looking at all the possibilities people had to offer!

That guy mustn't have too many friends for him to do this ever so often! I wonder if he ever goes clubbing to pick up.. sorry for his car to pick up chicks..

And how come he still has his tints? looks like his front windshield is tinted too.

Also, imagine him pulling up to a drunken driving check post at night.. haha! the cops would retire for sure!

I dont know if i like this guy or hate him lol
Old 24th June 2013, 16:14   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Whatever he has done, its still some work to make it steer. How does he manage the rear view mirrors? The fact that he hasn't had any accident (hopefully) is good job done
Steering inputs is provided by fingers. I haven't seen the video but as posted by a fellow member, at turns, he simply grabs the steering wheel & turns the car like anyone would normally do.
Old 30th September 2013, 09:34   #79
BHPian

I don't know how this is allowed on public roads, esp in Bangalore. I saw this car on Inner Ring Road on Saturday, at rush hour, crawling at a wonderful 20 kmph. Everyone, taxi's, cars and anything that moves, was slowing down . A stupid taxi-wallah suddenly slowed on the fast lane for around half a minute just to stare at the contraption, resulting in me almost rear ending him, and the Ritz behind almost rear ending me. .

And since this guy was in the middle lane, there were a train of vehicle stuck behind him for almost the entire length of inner ring road, prompting vehicles to overtake from almost any direction.

I do not mind this guy doing this, but not if it causes inconvenience / danger to other motorists.

Last edited by avi550m : 30th September 2013 at 09:34. Reason: Spelling errors
Old 30th September 2013, 10:58   #80
BHPian

In the photos and in the YouTube video, I did not catch the person (should we call him a driver or a front seat passenger ?) wearing a seat-belt. Isn't it mandatory in Bangalore for drivers /front sear passengers to wear belt ? This guy should get fined so many times that his DL would be confiscated. The way he is driving slow on an empty road (I think he's always on second gear), I feel he creates inconvenience to others on the road. And might be a risk, if there is any panic breaking required (you never know when in an Indian road).
Old 30th September 2013, 18:58   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

I was fascinated by this until I found this car on MG road a couple of weeks back. My entire view changed. As usual this car was creating some hindrance to traffic flow right from the start of MG road. He had held a lot of vehicles behind him as he was at a snails pace.

After some time it was my turn to be behind this guy and I wanted to get rid of him from my proximity as I was worried the car might not be under the best control. Didnt want him to stop the car all of a sudden, or after passing him come and rear end me. Hence I overtook him and bid goodbye. I guess we should curb this activity as it might not be a good thing to do in public roads without taking safety precautions. Though how good the control over the car is, the driver is best seated in the drivers seat and not the other side. Imagine this guy comes across an emergency situation where he has to react fast especially in places like MG Road and Brigade road where we have a lot of pedestrians moving around.

For the sake of a record, this act may be done in a controlled area but I say a strict no to this on public roads. I guess we have to jointly inform the police about this and make sure they take necessary action. This is equal to any other street stunt and should be equally curbed. I hope members do pour in some ideas on the same.
Old 30th September 2013, 19:05   #82
Senior - BHPian

I saw this moron in Koramangala. He had dark tints, was going at snail's pace and had few hoardings about alochol and tobacco stuck shabbily on the windows. Wonder how the cops leave him scot free and what his intentions are behind this exercise.
Old 3rd January 2017, 19:41   #83
BHPian

I spotted the same car again on 31st December near Forum Mall, Koramangala.
Old 3rd January 2017, 20:41   #84
Senior - BHPian

Saw this contraption on the 25th, at the KIA airport road just after Hebbal. Idiot was on the middle lane, doing about 30kmph and holding up all traffic behind him. It has dark tints with a sticker at the back announcing that it is a driver less car. I was in a hurry to reach the airport, hence couldn't give him a piece of my mind. How are the police allowing this to repeat for so many months?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks