Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2013, 17:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Cheating IOC petrol pump at Koramangala, Bangalore

Thought will share this experience with all of us. The amaze had close to 7-8 liters of diesel when I went to this IOC petrol pump in Koramangala , Bangalore.

This is the same gas station where we had recently read about petrol being filled in a diesel car ! ( can't find that link )

As pics show , the pump reading shows 37.xx litres filled in my car which has a 35 liters tank ! When I pointed this out to the attendant , couple of his friends came and told me that all "long" cars have a 45 litres fuel tank capacity. I showed them my service manual and still they disagreed saying I can check their pump if needed.

It was when I said I will take a pic of the same , that one guy rushed to reset the meter. I also mentioning about showing this pic to IOC and Honda. At this point , this attendant suddenly starts apologising and admits there was a mistake. And , hands me over a receipt for 30 litres instead ! He kept on pleading that he wouldn't do this again.

I have put this on Facebook as well and have tagged IOC also. Haven't heard from anyone till now.

I want to ensure that IOC gets to know about this ? Any tips on how could we go about this ?

Cheating IOC petrol pump at Koramangala, Bangalore-image1746600730.jpg

Cheating IOC petrol pump at Koramangala, Bangalore-image1632029565.jpg
speedsatya is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 17:15   #2
BHPian

re: Cheating IOC petrol pump at Koramangala, Bangalore

I used to fill petrol at this pump regularly until an attendant tried the "200 rupee" scam with me. I gave him the blasting of a lifetime and since then have never set foot there again. Also complained to the management.
Old 19th September 2013, 17:21   #3
BHPian

I may be off topic.

Hi Satya,

Thank you for sharing this.

Exact location of this pump, please? It would help lots of us.
deadguy25 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 17:25   #4
BHPian

Speedsatya, I dont have enough words to say after reading this. This is public looting. But poor common citizens are not aware of this. I appreciate you for bringing this to the notice of people around you. First of all, you should have created a scene there, so that others would have known the corrupted practise of this gas station. Instead of going behind the authorities who are only puppets, you have a choice to bring this to the notice of Media. May be a news paper or a news channel will help to disclose this malpractice to the public.
Old 19th September 2013, 17:44   #5
BHPian

Speedsatya, there is a feedback link in IOC website which can be selected and it has drill downs to dealer level , don't know the efficiency , but certainly a good option to try. In the meanwhile will see if I can find some IOC contacts to whom it can be shared. Good that you brought it up so that we can be avoid these frauds.
Old 19th September 2013, 18:37   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this not a COCO Bunk? Have heard about shortchanging tricks by this bunk on Trusted pump link
Shortchanging will help the attender since the difference will be pocketed by him. Not sure how calibration change will help him though.
Old 19th September 2013, 18:44   #7
BHPian

How the trick was carried out?
Was it they flipped earlier billing or they manual types 37 liters
I generally keep a watch on the meter and the attendant. Is this sufficient or they do some wrong recalibration like auto meters which is difficult to catch
Old 19th September 2013, 19:02   #8
BHPian

@speedsatya. Is this the bunk on the right just before the ring road junction if you come from NGC? I have had similar problems at the same bunk on at least 3 occasions.
Old 19th September 2013, 19:09   #9
Oxy
BHPian

Satya, have you tried this out?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...me-you-do.html

If not, then please do. And watch the morons fall in line.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 19:44   #10
BHPian

Is this some new trick? It seems either the display is rigged or the attendant can arbitrarily key in amount of liters for billing. I always trusted the receipt machine that is attached to the pump, but not anymore. Lesson learnt - if something is fishy, naively ask for the receipt first before making any scene
Old 19th September 2013, 20:36   #11
BHPian

To know how the meter was run for more would should be intersting. Did he keep hold of the nozzle during the fill or was is it inserted and only touched after auto-cutoff ?

And i always wonder why my Swift given a lower mileage from some bunks and amazed at the mileage from others.

Never had a personal experience here. But absolute crooks looting hard earned money.
Old 19th September 2013, 22:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

This daring malpractice is happening at a COCO outlet, imagine what is happening at the dealer outlets..!

Mail the pics & details to news media (TOI, DH, Hindu etc).
Old 19th September 2013, 22:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Well...I was standing next to this attendant and didn't realise this till I saw the meter reading. Insisting on the system generated receipt might help.

In this case , I think they have some switch / arrangement where the readings can be manipulated. They kept on telling me to get a 5 liter can and test the amount of fuel dispensed.

Also , I could find out here because I did a full tank. They would be easily cheating people who would not do a full tank only for us to assume that the car is giving poor FE.
Old 19th September 2013, 22:50   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Satya, does this mean that what ever is displayed on the meter is different from the actual reading which we will get to know only if the print out is taken?
Old 19th September 2013, 23:51   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Satya, does this mean that what ever is displayed on the meter is different from the actual reading which we will get to know only if the print out is taken?
Atleast in my case this was true. I am sure they would have a measure of how fuel was actually dispensed and this I believe would be captured through the system generated receipts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks