Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 08:52   #16
BHPian

The height of Road Rage
Neverf thought that I would be posting such an incident so soon.

This happened in the morning as I was returning from work at around 6 along with a couple of friends on the Medavakkam main road in my cute yellow Zen. There was a signal which was green and I had to go. A person coming in the opposite direction on a splendor(probably a teenager) was trying to take a U turn. This guy had already taken half the turn and I had no choice but to avoid him and deviate a little bit to the left. There was a Swift coming behind a who also tried to overtake me from the left. There was a median in between. I showed my hand asking the guy on the two wheeler to back up a little. He fumed and shouted at me. All this happened when all the three vehicles were in motion. He caming chasing and asked me to stop. I immediately pulled over to the left.

He started abusing me with bad language that I did really loose my patience. But I did not step out of the car. Since it was early in the morning and I did not want to spoil the weekend, I did not step out. He was using all the bad language in the world. I felt like I should have split his head and taken his brains out. But I did put my ego aside. My friends were quiet and he did all the more scolding. I asked him to leave the place and that I am sorry. All this for a 'no mistake of mine'. He also noted my vehicle's number and So did I. My friend immediately called a Inspector friend of his. I told him to calm down and forget the matter. Guys this is INSANE. He was at mistake and I had to apologise. What would you have done if brought upto a similiar situation? Chennai is getting worse everyday.

There is road rage is becoming worse everyday. Everybody here seems to be territorial. Just wanted to vent out my anger. Sorry guys for bothering you.
Old 14th May 2010, 22:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Everybody here seems to be territorial.
Just wanted to vent out my anger. Sorry guys for bothering you.
No need to apologize. Everyone here understands what another individual goes through, so we'r all on the same page.

Territorial's the right word- Everyone thinks they own the roads, and its family property! Thats the typical Indian mentality.

As for the joker, just think that he woke up on the wrong side of the bed and forget about it. Such things happen, and its sheer wrong for others to taste the crap when the latter isn't at fault.
Old 14th May 2010, 23:28   #18
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Yeah. Road rage is seriously getting out of hand.
I was driving back this evening and there's a lot of barricades put by police in pune in many places. They were stopping many two wheelers and this created a lot of chaos and traffic jam. I was motoring along on a two lane road and there was this 75+ old grandpa driving an i10 trying to get off the shoulder and overtake me from left in a stop start traffic. Since there was no place on his left, he tries squeezing in. I turn left expecting a youngster in the car, but was amused to find a very old man and seated next to him was his very old wife. I honk and ask him to wait, but he tries to dangerously cut me out by overtaking from the left.
I initially thought I should let him go, but then people behind me are angry that morons try to cut through like this and start honking.
So I decided not to let him in and inch ahead. Honking still didn't help. This time I lowered my window and asked him as to what's his urgency, he gave me a real glaring look. I was stunned.
He looks thin, may be 55 kilos and is 75+ and I'm in early 30s and weigh 85 kilos. And this old man is trying to threaten me with his menacing looks. Irrespective of age, road rage is amazingly infectious. I understood that if I persist, the old bugger will dent his nice looking i10 and probably embarrass his wife too. So I let him go. He didn't cut in front of me. He went one step ahead, over took a tavera taxi and tried squeezing in. Next 5 mins I heard the tavera guy honking like crazy!
Boy, I missed my camera. Should have taken a photo of his face when he was glowering. looked like typical bollywood villain's sidekicks expression during a torture scene!

Coming to the topic, you did a great thing by ignoring the low-life on the two wheeler.

Note from Mod : This discussion is best continued on the other road rage thread. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2010 at 10:44. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks