Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2006, 10:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Road Rage

Hey Guys,

I have a very strange story to narrate today to tell you what happened to me on thursday. I was driving with my wife sitting at the passanger seat i took a right turn from a by rad to a main road near Kali Mandir Gole market (Delhi) and there was a santro parked there i was slowly inching towards the road and all of a sudden this santro started moving and he hit my driver side rear wheel arch. I parked the car and came back to him and asked him to accompany me to the service station to get this fixed and he started fleeing i took off his ignition key and called the police sensing the situation he stepped out of the car this guy was almost 55 years old and started abusing and started making some phone calls before cops could arrive his friends arrived and they also joined him and started shouting. one guy opend my car and was trying to take the key out then suddenly this main guy told him not to take the key as it may make their case less stronger and he tore his shirt off to prove that i had assaulted him. soon the cops came in and the asked us to either leave or come to the police station as i had trust in our county's LAW i chose the second option. and as i saw the situation taking a weared turn i called one of my friends in police and told him the entire story. soon he was there at the station before we could reach there. the police guy was nice and he also found out that the other guy was lying about his shirt and he asked me to leave the sceane and he will take care of the other guy. So guys i would like to seek all of your advice what should we do in case of such a situation. should we let the culprit go or should we let him fool the system by manupulating evidance. please advice.
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2006, 11:12   #2
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Pramod, you did the right thing. but since you were with your wife and things could have gone wrong. If the damage was much then you should have tried to avoid it. Taking off the santro's key and driving off would have been enough i guess. Did you get the santro guy to pay you for the damages if not then all this was a waste.
Old 24th June 2006, 16:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar
Hey Guys,

I have a very strange story to narrate today to tell you what happened to me on thursday. I was driving with my wife sitting at the passanger seat i took a right turn from a by rad to a main road near Kali Mandir Gole market (Delhi) and there was a santro parked there i was slowly inching towards the road and all of a sudden this santro started moving and he hit my driver side rear wheel arch. I parked the car and came back to him and asked him to accompany me to the service station to get this fixed and he started fleeing i took off his ignition key and called the police sensing the situation he stepped out of the car this guy was almost 55 years old and started abusing and started making some phone calls before cops could arrive his friends arrived and they also joined him and started shouting. one guy opend my car and was trying to take the key out then suddenly this main guy told him not to take the key as it may make their case less stronger and he tore his shirt off to prove that i had assaulted him. soon the cops came in and the asked us to either leave or come to the police station as i had trust in our county's LAW i chose the second option. and as i saw the situation taking a weared turn i called one of my friends in police and told him the entire story. soon he was there at the station before we could reach there. the police guy was nice and he also found out that the other guy was lying about his shirt and he asked me to leave the sceane and he will take care of the other guy. So guys i would like to seek all of your advice what should we do in case of such a situation. should we let the culprit go or should we let him fool the system by manupulating evidance. please advice.

GOOD presence of mind on ur part but its always better to note the number rather than go and try to remove his key etc etc. u never know for a small scratch to ur vehicle u could loose ur life, street drivers can suddenly pop a gun at u and pull the trigger without u even hacving time to react and also getting beaten by a group can cause quite a mental setback to ur wife and urself too.
excellent thing to do especially when ur wife was with u.
believe me the options are far less for working people to get into confrontations if people say u were a coward fine, in a country like India - SO BE IT.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 24th June 2006 at 16:02.
Old 26th June 2006, 17:07   #4
BHPian

with my wife (or ny lady) in the car i wud avoid a confrontation.

as it is there is no way how that some1 should pay for the damages they cause to the car on the road in an accident. that is one more reason why all the cars are required to be insured.

even if the police comes there is no legal way that the other party should pay for the damages caused. so just take the number of the vehicle & call 100 to lodge a complaint against the car owner. these will make the insurance claim much easier.
Old 26th June 2006, 17:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

If you had a mobile phone with cam, should take pics when he was tearing his shirt..
Old 29th June 2006, 16:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
If you had a mobile phone with cam, should take pics when he was tearing his shirt..
that was a great sugestion but i was not thinking of that i was rather disgusted about the fact that what extent do people go to win the situation or rather i should say manupulate the system.

Pramod
Old 15th July 2006, 23:47   #7
BHPian

you had a lady luck on your side....

In case there wouldnt have been a lady with you they might have made you guilty of god knows what !!!
Old 13th May 2010, 10:45   #8
J.Ravi

Bangalore Police thrashed by drunkards.

Let me revive this old thread by posting this incident of drunken elements thrashing Bangalore police as reported in today's Deccan Herald:
Attached Thumbnails
Road Rage-police.jpg  

Old 13th May 2010, 10:58   #9
BANNED

You did rightly but he turned out to be a rogue so you can't do much other than register a complaint.
Old 13th May 2010, 12:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Nasty situation. Its always better to note down the registeration number and then report a hit and run case. But then you would not have actually even dreamt about such a scenario. Lucky you knew a friend. Delhi you can expect anything, what to talk about a torn shirt. But nice that you came out well.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:38   #11
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Boy, That's one hell of an experience. If the moron calls for back up, then I guess, you need to also send an SMS to some friend noting his car number with the words that you are under threat. You can show it to him saying that he wouldn't get away by doing anything nasty, now that the sms has already been sent.
once he pays up for your damages, please donate him a worn off used shirt.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

Guys, you all are replying to a 4 year old incident.

And Ravi, the article you posted is not related to road rage IMO. Its a "drunk and disorderly" problem.
Old 13th May 2010, 15:05   #13
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2010 at 10:43.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th May 2010, 15:55   #14
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Ravi, the article you posted is not related to road rage IMO. Its a "drunk and disorderly" problem.
Road rage is defined as aggressive or angry behaviour of a driver of a motor vehicle. The reason for this aggressive or angry behaviour could be anything including consumption of alcohol. So, my posting is very much related to road rage, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Road Rage-untitled.png  

Old 13th May 2010, 16:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Road rage is defined as aggressive or angry behaviour of a driver of a motor vehicle. The reason for this aggressive or angry behaviour could be anything including consumption of alcohol. So, my posting is very much related to road rage, IMO.
Eh!
When they say "driver of a vehicle", they implicitly mean that the person exhibiting road rage is driving a vehicle. It does not include people sitting in a parked car and getting drunk! See the last line of the paragraph that you pasted. You will understand what i am saying.

You can paste it here though:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ats-wrong.html

EDIT: No actually not even there since they were not traffic police

Last edited by amitoj : 13th May 2010 at 16:13.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks