Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2018, 19:14   #946
Team-BHP Support

Re: Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Uber sent me an air-conditioned black & yellow taxi today. Is this a new trend?
Uber has added black & yellow NON-AC cabs:
Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service-screenshot_20180816190814.png

Though I've never heard of a black & yellow show up in other categories. Guess it's a new thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I know Ola always had black & yellows, but they showed them as a separate category.
Not anymore though! They all show up under "Micro" etc now.

If the model says "KP Ritz" = Kali Peeli
If it says "CC" = that might mean Cool Cab?

I imagine all Ola's cars are supposed to be air-conditioned, but once under a micro booking i got a non-AC Eeco
Old 29th January 2019, 20:36   #947
BHPian

Uber App adds new features to hold CUSTOMERS accountable for BAD or UNRULY behaviour.

Uber India has updated its driver app to incorporate a safety tool kit and introduced community guidelines for customers in a bid to promote safety of drivers on the platform.

The community guideline change now holds customers accountable for bad or unruly behaviour on the platform.

Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service-screenshot_20190129210319_google-play-store.jpg

Quote:

“When people know that they are been rated they become conscious of their behaviour and become accountable for their actions,” Uber said in a post.

Prabhjeet Singh, Uber India and South Asia Head of Cities told ET, “We are notifying a small number of riders who have consistently been rated poorly by drivers over a prolonged period of time that they must improve their behaviour. If that doesn’t happen this small handful of riders can lose access to the Uber app permanently.”

Uber said it will start giving customers tips on how to become a better rider, for instance paying in full, avoid smoking in the vehicle, among others.

For the driver, it may include things like wishing the rider, making sure one’s car is clean.

Uber since inception has had a mutual driver and passenger rating mechanism on its platform. This launch is an extension of Uber’s initiative to build a transparent and accountable two way ride hailing ecosystem.
Full Article
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 22:59   #948
BHPian

Today, a regular Uber ride turned into my first experience in an Electric Vehicle. BluSmart have listed their cars on Uber I guess. BluSmart has a fleet of 500 EV's I am told. The vehicle was a Tata Tigor EV. The driver was happy to talk about the car and share his good experience. Was beaming about the drive and how cars like this are going to become mainstream soon. Mentioned a range of 120 kms. His company uses fast chargers which take 2 hours to charge. He also mentioned that the company has spare charged cars for drivers to swap into. Also noticed, if you order a ride on the BlueSmart app, which seems to be operational only in Gurgaon - there is a flat fee of Rs 150.

Not commercially linked to either Uber or BluSmart. Just sharing an experience. Cheers!

Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service-img_20200112_154252.jpg

Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service-img20200112wa0003.jpeg
promit is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks