Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2017, 23:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Bangalore Police crackdown on loud silencers in RE bikes

I sold my avenger to buy an RE but as soon as I shifted to Pune, I thought I was better off driving my car. The number of hooligans who ride RE here is way more than number of riders who actually have bought an RE out of passion. Hooligans coupled with loud silencers, MENACE. You are trying to sleep after a long and tiring day, and one moron coupled with extra loud silencer is enough to spoil your night and the up coming day. I hope, Pune police wakes up to this sooner then later.
Engine_Roars is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 23:40   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

That's a good effort by the Bangalore police. Policing has become too tough these days, with the chaos created by unruly traffic users. The noisy silencer issue is an unwanted and avoidable illegal act, that is also needing the police help to contain.

These noisy silencers totally affect the traffic ambience and also the peace and tranquility in residential localities. Some classes of road users incl. law abiding drivers, ladies and senior citizens who drive, feel extremely unsafe with these hoodlums on the move. The overt show of masochism by these hoodlums is quite apparent.

In fact, the Nagpur police have notified that they will initiate action against vehicles with such noisy silencers emitting higher than permissible decibel levels of noise. They have been able to check this menace though to some extent here. The beauty of this notification is that they are also booking the workshops who have done such illegal modifications under various sections of the MV Act , IPC and the pollution laws (noise pollution).

Another fact here worth a mention is that the Nagpur traffic police had booked 1100 plus bikes for lawlessness during the Holi festival here, of which more than 200 were RE bikes. The irony is that law enforcers earlier drove RE bikes, but today many of these RE's have fallen into the hands of hoodlums.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 14th October 2017 at 23:44.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 08:06   #33
BHPian

This was due for a long time and I hope Mumbai Police will also follow suit.

In Kandivali last year I have seen exhaust note from one of these bikes activating anti-theft alarm installed in a SWIFT parked on road side. I could only imagine the effects of these when it comes to human eardrum.
WhiteFang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 08:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

I am sure police would have a hard time finding out which exhaust is stock and which is modified.
Hope they are well equipped I.e. with decibel meters etc.

These loud exhausts are a menace. My toddler always gets irritated when such vehicles with old farm Disel degset type sound passes by.

Beauty is in the subtleness of the thump, not in it's loudness.
Old 15th October 2017, 10:14   #35
BHPian

My understanding of the Bangalore traffic Police is that this will be a temporary implementation. It will fade in a matter of weeks, if not days. Cities like Bangalore are too complicated to be policed effectively.

I am sure the police have their set of problems with external parties pressuring them to let go as it affects somebodies business and so on.

If it were to be actually implemented, I am sure it would make some difference. there are other violators like passenger autos and the college kids on the modified gearless scooters who need to be tackled too.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks