Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2014, 13:44   #1
BHPian

Bangalore: Crackdown on loud exhausts & horns

I heard central govt has passed a rule to seize cars with free flow exhaust & after market horns , is this for all India. People who have more info regarding this please share

Source: http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../37915093.cms?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th July 2014 at 10:36. Reason: Adding source link.
karizma9292 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 14:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore: Crackdown on loud exhausts & horns

Thank god for this. I really hate the after market "dabba" exhaust people call free flow. Horns should be also banned and nothing other than OEM horns should be allowed. IMO its a step in right direction.
Rahulkool is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 14:27   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
I heard central govt has passed a rule to seize cars with free flow exhaust & after market horns , is this for all India. People who have more info regarding this please share
If this means that those air horns that scare the daylights out of everyone in a mile radius, this is most welcome...
Old 5th July 2014, 15:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I heard central govt has passed a rule to seize cars with free flow exhaust & after market horns
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
If this means that those air horns that scare the daylights out of everyone in a mile radius, this is most welcome...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Thank god for this. I really hate the after market "dabba" exhaust people call free flow. Horns should be also banned and nothing other than OEM horns should be allowed. IMO its a step in right direction.
Folks! Too soon to judge the outcome or sustainability of this rule. Lets leave it to the time and see how far this goes. There was a rule for banning window tints in India but did that survive with full strength?

OT: A rule for rear seat belt was passed which made it mandatory to be worn by rear seat passengers but even that did not hold it's ground for too long.

Thanks.

PS: I don't advocate over the top or loud horns and siren which cause discomfort to people.
Old 5th July 2014, 16:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Folks! Too soon to judge the outcome or sustainability of this rule. Lets leave it to the time and see how far this goes. There was a rule for banning window tints in India but did that survive with full strength?

OT: A rule for rear seat belt was passed which made it mandatory to be worn by rear seat passengers but even that did not hold it's ground for too long.

Thanks.

PS: I don't advocate over the top or loud horns and siren which cause discomfort to people.
Was a rule?
Its a persons responsibility to follow it or not.
As such cops cannot visit your place and remove tints from each and every car.'
Come to chandigarh,and you wont be able to get past 2 traffic lights with sun flims on glasses.
akshay4587 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 18:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

I read about this as well. Would like to see how far they go with this rule. There are expensive cars that make quite a racket in stock form. How do they intend to track that down or do anything about it?

No crack down on bikes? There are still plenty of 2 store bikes with modified exhausts in Bangalore that make a lot of noise.
Old 5th July 2014, 18:28   #7
BHPian

Brothers !! brothers !! this thread is to discuss regarding the new rule passed , not to express whether how bad you hate or like the free flow exhausts & aftermarket horns and about sunfilms . Lets stay on topic , have a smooth discussion rather than create arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I read about this as well. Would like to see how far they go with this rule. There are expensive cars that make quite a racket in stock form. How do they intend to track that down or do anything about it?

No crack down on bikes? There are still plenty of 2 store bikes with modified exhausts in Bangalore that make a lot of noise.
True said , lets see what they do about supercars . I dont get it , when all the people in the world can modify their cars why cant we do so . I believe a specific decibel level can be set for the exhaust of modified cars like they do in other countries .

Im curious to know what action the cops are going to take against those irritating , insanely loud autorickshaws

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th July 2014 at 12:49.
karizma9292 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 20:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Its a persons responsibility to follow it or not.
Come to chandigarh,and you wont be able to get past 2 traffic lights with sun flims on glasses.
Akshay I relate to what you are saying. Chandigarh is one UT in India where in rules are followed with utmost strictness. However, One UT can't be counted for whole country. My point is lets wait and watch the outcome and the inclusions in this rule once it is implemented. Also it would be worth seeing that what is the decibel limit set by the govt. in the times to come with regards to the horns and after-market exhaust sound because not every modified car sounds like a generator.

I am saying this because the convoy of our political leaders have vehicles which have 2 pairs of external horns placed on the bumper guard or the radiator grill and a loud speaker/ siren over the roof. So, What type of action would be taken on those vehicles or will they be excused of this rule is yet to be seen.

On the economic front, If the govt. decides to implement this rule in full force then the car modification industry which has got a significant contribution in the automotive sector will be incurring huge losses and the after market automotive brands won't be in a position to generate revenue and finally this would lead to loss of taxes and revenue for the govt. because any person/ entity that makes income has to pay taxes at the end of the day.

Thanks.
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 22:25   #9
BHPian

Hi,

Can anybody share the source of this information please. That would give us details what all is considered non compliant under this rule. They can simply leave the super cars as they did with the factory fitted tinted glasses.

nIk
Old 5th July 2014, 23:00   #10
Team-BHP Support

They should define exhausts systems in terms of maximum noise and emissions. The see measures are tangible and there is no ambiguity.
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 00:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

As far as after market horns are concerned, it is a great step. In this part of the country (Rajasthan) many buses having dhoom machale tuned horns can scare the hell out of anyone. They seriously need to be banned.
Cant say the same about the free flow exhausts though. After all, I am an Automobile Enthusiast. I love that note from an FFE
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 01:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi,

Can anybody share the source of this information please. That would give us details what all is considered non compliant under this rule. They can simply leave the super cars as they did with the factory fitted tinted glasses.

nIk
I would also like to know the source of this information, specially since I was planning to get a FFE for my esteem real soon.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 01:30   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I would also like to know the source of this information, specially since I was planning to get a FFE for my esteem real soon.
I am also worried as I already have an HKS FFE in my Gypsy and have a FFE lying with me which i was planning to put in my Esteem.

nIk
Old 6th July 2014, 12:52   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I heard central govt has passed a rule to seize cars with free flow exhaust & after market horns , is this for all India.
From where did you hear this? Haven't seen any such news.
Rudra Sen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 14:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
They should define exhausts systems in terms of maximum noise and emissions. The see measures are tangible and there is no ambiguity.
Exactly!
What about our Noisy Auto's with super free flow exhausts ? You can hear them a mile away, The sounds these autos produce are deafening. To date I haven't seen a single auto being fined for faulty ehausts

Last edited by Captain Slow : 6th July 2014 at 14:04.
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks