Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2015, 14:44   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fed up with problems, businessman donates his Duster for carrying garbage

Ahhh, the irony. Renault Duster finally being used for a task related to what its name implies
tsk1979 is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 14:44   #17
BHPian

My brother in law had purchased a red colored Duster of lower power variant (I think 85 BHP) at the time of the launch. At that time he was the envy of his social circle. I had driven it once while coming from Delhi and i liked the frugalness of the engine and the car like driving manners.

However, he was very upset with the quality of his Duster. The seat was little oddly positioned and it did not have height adjust so other family members had difficulty using it. Its paint had started peeling off and there was rusting in some places. There was seepage in the car during rainy seasons and he used to day, "Jijaji Duster is the biggest fraud in the name of a car." Ultimately he sold it off within a year.

Therefore i could very much relate to the story. Had he not sold it off, my brother in law would have donated it in a similar manner.
Old 13th March 2015, 14:59   #18
BHPian

First the steering column rusting issue (I think) and now this. Renault is having a lot of negative publicity recently. Ecosports will enjoy this.
Old 13th March 2015, 15:16   #19
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2015 at 18:04.
embee is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th March 2015, 15:59   #20
BHPian

HAHA! This is amazing and should be a lesson for manufacturers who believe in taking customers for granted in A.S.S.

I think if more people had money to actually do this post dissatisfaction of A.S.S., the garbage department might not have to buy any new dumpers!
Old 13th March 2015, 16:29   #21
BHPian

While I completely agree with the fact that car manufacturers should keep ASS and customer experience as Their primary focus, I Still woudnt buy this story fully. This to me seems like an exaggeration by the owner. Firstly major issues with Duster are not really common. Even this was a lemon I am sure it could have been dealt in a better way. I seriously would not believe stuff written in regional newspapers at all. Recently couple of by biker friends were on their way to Leh, one met with a fatal accident while riding to Delhi from Jaipur. The local newspaper reported that they were youth riding to JK with relief materials and wanted to help the flood victims!

I could be wrong in my assumption but this kind of public stunts look too far fetched. Similar to an Etios owner placing a sarcastic ad to vent out his frustration. I have an Etios and I vouch that he was exaggerating way beyond facts..
anand.shankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 17:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

However, a Garbage carrier needs to be more reliable than its private passenger carrying counterpart. It seems the Duster is actually doing that duty pretty well.

However, has the owner himself started the propaganda about having given his car as a Garbage carrier? Or is it other people who have found this out and shared with the rest.
Old 14th March 2015, 11:39   #23
BHPian

Excellent comeback. With that ride quality, the garbage will indeed reach the dump without spilling.
phreakv6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 16:42   #24
BHPian

This is something unique. What a innovative way to vent out the frustration. I am loving it.
Now, what if the car breaks down again?
Old 14th March 2015, 18:00   #25
BHPian

I am eagerly awaiting a comeback or a statement from Renault regarding this episode of Duster being converted into mini SUV garbage pickup vehicle...!!
Old 14th March 2015, 18:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Ahhh, the irony. Renault Duster finally being used for a task related to what its name implies
I came into this thread to write exactly that ...

I wonder if he is going to claim tax exemption for the cost of the vehicle ... after all he donated to swachh bharat initiative!
Old 14th March 2015, 19:36   #27
BHPian

Renault should change the Tag Line for Renault Duster to something like this - Renault Duster, dusting the streets like a boss!!

The news has gone viral, it is everywhere, FB, Whatsapp & of course Team BHP. Renault, we are waiting for you to say some thing on this. Nevertheless, a good warning to all the companies who think Indian Customers are to be taken for granted.
Old 14th March 2015, 19:36   #28
BHPian

I'm loving it We have a customer who is fed up with the attitude of Renault & ASS and has given a befitting reply to them.

If this was the US, Renault would have been at his door within 15 mins and in all probability given him a new car. This careless attitude by many manufacturers (not only automobiles) leaves customers frustrated and in almost all cases the customer is resigned to fate.

Not this guy ! Kudos to him.
Old 14th March 2015, 19:56   #29
BHPian

It's very sad to see this site. It may have been a lot of pain for the owner which made him take this step. Giving up a car worth 10 lakhs isn't an easy thing. He could have taken it up to higher Renault authorities and solved the problem.. Although one would easily get fed up if his car his kept at the workshop for 200 days in a year.
Old 15th March 2015, 10:28   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
So he thinks he is Maharaja of Patiala
My thoughts exactly. in the former case it was the refusal of RR to deal with him which caused the issue. Here this was sheer exasperation. How quickly we forget the bad old days, when the Amby used to spend the first year more in the workshop than being driven.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks