Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2016, 18:00   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My experience as an Uber driver in NCR

I think the confusion here is that the passenger doesn't realize or care enough to understand that there is a difference between the regular cab and a shared ride in one's own car. And hence the confusion. I think Uber needs to make these things more transparent by ensuring that the customer goes through few basic points before booking a ride under this service.
Old 25th May 2016, 06:17   #92
BANNED

I signed up and decided to experience Uber from other side i.e the driver part. I started at 6am to 6pm for two days around may start. I have learnt I don't wanna put my personal car for people who don't know how to sit in cars, going to non existent roads, sewage spewing roads. There was one girl who had the arrogance to say get a better job when I asked for a change, in fact this was the first ride and she was to be dropped for her gym which was a five star hotel nearby my home. Coincidentally the valet recognised me and said seeing you after many days sir and I replied to the lady rider " I guess Uber drivers have a better job after all ☺" . There was a lady who wanted to go to embassy of a European country and she booked and cancelled 4times. When I drover for her finally she said she wasn't sure this is a properly allotted booking seeing the Honda City. I found most people are dumb. Someone started eating and comb hair and decided to through trash in the car. When I requested to throw the trash out it was told they are paying the fare and i replied just the fare to transport not to make my car a trash can else you can get down now. I was told I will complain to uber. Few booking came which were in such bad parts of NCR I regretted tormenting my car by just being there. Some came who said AC full bhaiya and most here would be aware City AC gets noisy on max blower and it was irritating to the core for me. Lots of cancellation so after a booking accept I moved the car after 5minutes grace period only. There was one customer for whom I waited for 30min so I cancelled the ride and moved on. As a driver I also hated cash why can't be cashless instead me seeing people trying to find change get of 3Rs or hearing people bhaiya itne hi hai. There were few who wanted the car right in there drawing rooms to show to neighbours and instead of me requesting that it is too congested kindly come to main road which is barely 50meters by walking. Another irritant was using Uber as a rickshaw to 2kms away. It took me more time to reach to rider than to drop him after pick up. I faced about 4rides like this. This was irritant.

I think Uber should not allot private pool cars to anyone but selected few who have 5 stars and preferable Uber X category. But still owing first hand experience I won't put my car on the Uber fleet.
Attached Thumbnails
My experience as an Uber driver in NCR-1464137218857.jpg  

My experience as an Uber driver in NCR-1464137229895.jpg  

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 25th May 2016 at 06:25.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 14:59   #93
Senior - BHPian

Something I posted a while back.
Quote:
I had partially signed with Uber (document upload pending) just to see how it works but the link shared in the above post was something which I had read earlier and decided to let it go.

Same reason why I never went through with it. I enjoy my home-office-home commute because I have a good ICE setup and sharing the ride means playing the driver and as such drivers aren't given much respect in Delhi.

But what I dread the most is if somebody comes with a big suitcase because whatever small space there is, is occupied by the huge sub and amp. I also like to keep my car clean and there can be folks with kids who might simply ruin the car interiors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
...who don't know how to sit in cars......There was one girl who had the arrogance to say get a better job when I asked for a change...I found most people are dumb....Someone started eating and comb hair and decided to through trash in the car...Some came who said AC full bhaiya....bhaiya itne hi hai....
...and voila! The experience was similar for you I guess. In this country you are treated with respect based on what you do and as a driver please don't expect much (or any).

I'm amazed that you actually went ahead the second day as well. I guess one day of such experience would've been enough for me. Well, you did what I was only thinking of doing so kudos for showing the courage.

Another reason why people with a decent job should stay away from experimenting with Uber/Ola - http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...onals-2825669/
Old 5th June 2016, 22:37   #94

Quote:
There is also another aspect which I got to realise once I started, Taboo. For some reason people who drive cars are drivers and always treated as lower caste in Indian society, regardless of what we say and do but majority of people in the country still participate in this system on a conscious or sub-conscious level. For some reason I got vibes from lot of people what I was doing was wrong, and its degrading work. I also got mixed emotions from lots of people ranging from shocked/surprised to angry! I hope this post encourages a people to sign up and carpool with strangers and answers some of the questions people might have had. I intend to update this as often as I can and will be answering any questions people might have. But if you have questions about the platform its always best to reach out to Uber directly, they are quite responsive on twitter and over email.

Just to add. I run a taxi business in bangalore. And on emergencies I had to drive contract duties for a really high profile client (think ecommerce think startup) when drivers bail on me. Some of the worst mornings in my life. Anyways it was a humbling yet demotivating work. But Work is work even if it experimental. And i always respect someone who gets their hands dirty.
ravi.ochani is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks