Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2017, 20:46   #31
BHPian

Re: A long battle against noise pollution - High Court, RTI, Police & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Dear Sir,
I would like to seek your help on similar issue that we have been facing since a new marriage hall has opened up in our peaceful locality.

Waseem.
Please see the above posts' attachments. I think they will suffice.
Old 10th August 2017, 10:29   #32
BHPian

Update: New law kicks in.
http://m.hindustantimes.com/mumbai-n...S4xbJtefL.html

Quote from Article -

logo

Planning a wedding in Mumbai, Pune? Now you need pollution board nods too
Wedding halls or lawns across Maharashtra cannot use loudspeakers or burst firecrackers without written permission from the pollution board or police

Updated: Aug 09, 2017 15:23 IST
By Badri Chatterjee, Hindustan Times

If you are planning a wedding, add another item to tick off your check list — permissions from the state pollution board.

Wedding halls or lawns across Maharashtra cannot use loudspeakers or burst firecrackers without a specific written permission from either the Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (MPCB) or the police.

“The transport and police authority shall ensure sound systems are not used in silence zones,” a notification issued by the MPCB last week and released on their website on Tuesday reads.

Waste segregation on the premises into dry and wet (organic) was among the several instructions to owners of wedding lawns and halls — a move that comes after a National Green Tribunal (NGT) order on July 3 that directed the state pollution board to regulate activities at wedding premises under environmental guidelines.

“In case of unauthorised, haphazard dumping by wedding halls/lawns, they will be liable to pay Rs50,000 as an environmental cost, per incident to their respective civic body,” the notification read.

According to the notification, wedding halls and lawns need to apply for consent under environmental laws, including the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 and Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981 to the regional officer, MPCB.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 17:57   #33
BHPian

Just to update an old thread. The processions have completely stopped - twice a fine of Rs. 50,000 was levied. A BMC officer came to my house as well in reply to one RTI and requested me to stop further complaints.
invidious is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks