Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2017, 19:34   #61
BHPian

Re: Oil Ministry: To beat lines at Petrol Pumps, home delivery being considered

i like it. I am not too concerned about safety aspect. Atleast not when I see how LPG cylinders are delivered. Will I use this service- not sure. There are a few occasions when I want to travel outstation with family on an extended weekend, and have not been able to get a full tank done, as am too tied up in clearing office work. And next day, while driving out of the city, I see the whole world and their uncle Bob queuing up at the petrol pumps. Would be handy in those cases.
ajayclicks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 23:37   #62
Senior - BHPian

Mobile diesel van might be good idea for remote places which do not have a nearby petrol pump. However in metro cities the only people who might need such a service would be operators of diesel generators or someone who is stranded for lack of fuel in their vehicle. Had such a experience with a co bus which had to be stopped on the side of the road on the way to home from office as it ran out of fuel.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 11:34   #63
BANNED

Is this even legal ?

Petrol stations cartel should take objection and use their muscle to get these guys banned by law I guess .

And moreover where do they even fill up the tank ? You cant buy that at the gas station itself no ?
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 15:55   #64
BHPian

It is an excellent startup and it has to be seen how well does it cope up in the Bangalore market.
Why it should work ?
a) Every apartment complex and commercial office space in Bangalore runs on Generators which procure cans of Diesel from pumps - With this service they can get transparent, door step fuel and no leakages of any sort
b) Fleet Management Companies - We see pile of TTs, Indica's and cabs on some fuel stations where there is association with the Cab company - this all can be paid to the new company and cars refilled in parking lots
c) Individuals - Sometimes, we need to travel 3 to 4 KM one way to fuel up the car if we have missed filling up over the day due to some reason. This can help individuals order fuel at home - If its "convenient" Bangalore folks will adapt it like food home delivery mushrooming
Cooltronics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 22:45   #65
BHPian

I think it might benefit few individuals too
> people having multiple cars and/or if they are always with Drivers.
> 2-3 people (friends or neighbors) living in same apartments can source 100L and share it among the cars.
> When your usual commute are through super busy / crowded pumps, no need to take deviation or spend long time in Q
> If you live in a locality with only shady Pumps.
> If you need to leave for a drive next morning early and you forgot to fill up and too lazy to venture out now and then early morning you find you usual pump out of fuel or a line of long distance truckers waiting to fill up their 500L tanks and sweetly wasting at least 30 mins of your time. (This used to happen quite often with me till Shell opened 24/7 in OMR, even then once they were out of fuel and I had to scamper around with a near empty tank)
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:10   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

No biggie, another group of people who thought long and hard about which niche the delivery system hasn't gotten into yet, and it was fuel.. of course who'd have thought of it? A delivery for a product without which no delivery is possible as also vehicular automation.

As said above by Anand, the 100 bucks of charges can be justified if 3-4 neighbours chip in and top up their vehicles and also it can be of great help for emergencies and for when fuel is dangerously low in vehicles. Other than these scenarios, the idea is pretty stupid and increases man's propensity for carelessness, which is on an all-time high in any case today.

Some simple things in life and a part of car ownership, is about getting your vehicle fueled up. The fact that attendants cheat, the bunk fuel is adulterated or that they tamper with your receipts should not be a deterrent for one of the oldest car-owning traditions if not the oldest. Left to me I'd prefer the good old American way of "gassing up" the car ourselves, and I even did that once when an attendant wasn't attending to me, input the quantity, take out the hose, push the trigger, release the trigger after and slot it back into the holder, of course another attendant was watching with an expression of shocked amusement and he didn't intervene as I did everything correctly.

I handed over the money, we both laughed and I drove off, best refueling I've ever done. Would I go for "home-delivery" of fuel after that experience? NO way. With card payments becoming popular today its time the fuel attendants are done away with.

Last edited by dark.knight : 23rd June 2017 at 08:14. Reason: Grammatical rephrasing.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 10:14   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Stupid move. There's no real need for such services and there are potential dangers associated with this service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Is this even legal ? Petrol stations cartel should take objection and use their muscle to get these guys banned by law I guess .
Got this scanned document via whatsapp - looks like they applied for permission at the Department of Explosives (http://www.peso.gov.in). But they haven't approved the application yet.

Oil Ministry: To beat lines at Petrol Pumps, home delivery being considered-permission.jpeg

However, since this is a whatsapp forward, I'm not sure about authenticity of the above document.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 16:43   #68
BHPian

As some have already pointed out, this service need not necessarily be for single car owners. Think of all the private bus fleets or cab services, where they have to fill up, take bill for proof etc at a fuel station. For such businesses this is a boon, where the owner can directly book the fuel online for delivery and get his/her fleet filled up at their premises before the fleet goes out. Saves time and easy to handle the expenses.
vamsi.kona is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 14:29   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
... best refueling I've ever done...
Only problem with this is the petrol smell in your hands. Petrol also causes your skin to dry. Very annoying.
Old 31st October 2017, 10:58   #70
GTO
Team-BHP Support

MyPetrolPump is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Filling up once every week or two weeks when you are anyway passing by a pump is no big deal. Takes 5 minutes. Even if you order home delivery, it will probably take you 5 minutes to step down, open your car, wait for the refill process to complete & pay them.

However, this article points out a more practical use of the service:

Quote:
The startup has helped more than 300 apartment complexes in Bengaluru get their diesel gen sets refuelled safely on time.

"We have supplied more than 50,000 litres so far," he added.

"With our direct-to-equipment state-of-the-art refuelling system, these 300 plus apartment associations have saved average diesel pilferage of Rs 2.4 lakh on monthly basis that was happening during diesel transportation or loose storage in jerry cans and drums earlier," he added.
And here's something I wasn't aware of:
Quote:
ANB Fuels, under the brand MyPetrolPump, had launched its operations from June 18 with three delivery vehicles, each with a capacity of 950 litres, but had to suspend the delivery within four days of launch due to a PESO circular to oil companies to stop providing fuel to it.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 20:08   #71
BHPian

Are you guys aware of MyPetrolPump? It's fuel delivery startup that operates in Bangalore.
More here:

https://yourstory.com/2019/01/swiggy...-mypetrolpump/

Last edited by SmartCat : 10th January 2019 at 22:04. Reason: post moved to relevant thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks