Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2006, 13:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

What a bad day it was for me and my car.....

Last week i gave in my Palio for a regular service and cooling coil replacement for the AC. AC job took a while and for major part of the week, the car was in the service center.

Took it back on Saturday (November 25th) evening. The entire repairs and service costed me 17K. I was impressed with service, the car felt like new and the minor cabin sounds are gone. Even the suspension felt tight.

Then i went to fit a new HU for my ICE. I got Pioneer 6850 and the music felt great from my JBL speakers.

So far everything sounded good. At 9:00 PM in the night i felt like going for a long drive. I drove around for more than half an hour and planned to stop for some juice at a parking lot. This is the same parking lot where 90% of our tbhp meets in Hyd happen. I switched on the indicators 50 mts before the turn and was real slow. Just then it happened. A big thunder like sound. A biker crashed in to left side of my car. When later checked, he doesn't have head light, brakes were not working and that guy doesn't have a license. Even the bike has outside state registration. When i was taking his details, he got in to tears. My car being Fiat, though the crash was big the sheet metal did not crumple like paper. There was one big dent and some paint peel off.

I have to cut short my drive and return back home. Today i dropped my car back in the service center and am claiming insurance. I already had some dents and scratches and was waiting for one big thing to happen before i claim insurance.

I wouldn't have worried this much if it had happened on another day. But it happened when i was very excited about my car and new ICE and alread missed it for few days. i cannot enjoy it again till the end of this week.
Old 27th November 2006, 13:29   #2
BHPian

Sorry to hear about this....

Damn sorry to hear about this Satish, but thank goodness that you were driving slow and could control the intensity of the collission failing which the biker could have been seriously injured.
Old 27th November 2006, 13:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Take it easy dude.... Sometimes somethings happens when you least expect it....
Life must go on...

Abhi
Old 27th November 2006, 13:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sorry about the car, man! It is a real good thing you weren't hurt, and the biker wasn't hurt.
Old 27th November 2006, 13:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Take it easy Satish! I know the pain & frustration when such incidents happens for no mistake of ours!!!Just a matter of 4 - 5 days & your babe will be back!
Old 27th November 2006, 13:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

The pain & frustration you feel is shared by all, satish. it has happened to me & to most of us here. so here's hoping you would have the best of times with your car once she's tinkered & repaianted.
Old 27th November 2006, 14:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from service center. The surveyor has checked the car and approved for starting the repairs. I will have to pay something less than 2000. I will be getting my car by Friday.
Old 27th November 2006, 14:41   #8
BHPian

Satish, sorry to hear about this, the timing could probably have not been worse.

Which service center have you dropped your car off with?
Old 27th November 2006, 17:02   #9
BHPian

Sorry to hear that

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
Satish, sorry to hear about this, the timing could probably have not been worse.

Which service center have you dropped your car off with?
Very sorry to hear that.

Where did the accident take place, near JB check post. I live in BHills area, hear lots of vroom vroom, screetch.... at night.

Lot of funny folks get out after 10:00 P.M and freak out.
Old 27th November 2006, 17:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

This happened at the first parking space after KBR park gate towards J. hills check post.
Old 27th November 2006, 17:19   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Satish,

Sorry to know the incident mate. Glad to know it was just a minor stuff and your ok. I know we all are so passionate about the cars, sometimes i dont even feel like eating for a few days thinking of the damage to the car...tats why birds of such feather all flock together
Old 27th November 2006, 17:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

That was the proposed T-BHP meet place. Anyways we will meet up this weekend. Will get to see your car with new ICE etc. These people on bikes sometimes take our happiness away. Yesterday i was trying to take my car out of the porch. And someone staying there parked his bike right behind my car and it was locked. i dragged it out literally and threw it on the road. went with my things expecting a fight when i am back. the guy is staying in the same apartment. no one came and i think i made some very clear point! the funniest part is the landlord staying downstairs saw me doint that to the bike and didn't care why i was pulling the bike.
Old 27th November 2006, 18:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

BAD... How old is your car by the way?

Mods note: Quote deleted. It's not adding any value to your post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th November 2006 at 06:55.
Old 27th November 2006, 18:20   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
BAD... How old is your car by the way?
From Satish's profile, I think it is Aug, 2004 . Am I right Satish?
Old 27th November 2006, 21:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Satish - sorry to hear about the incident ...but these things happen , just chill and forget. And better still your baby comes back fresher and feeling newer.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks