Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2021, 08:27   #46
BHPian

Re: FASTag RFID mandatory on all new cars from 1st December, 2017 EDIT:No cash payments from 01 Jan

I paid cash in the hybrid lane because I forgot to recharge my Fastag and the balance went below 100 before I reached the last toll plaza of my journey.

The problem I face with recharging is that apart from the HDFC Fastag portal, no other method of recharge is usable on my Fastag because somehow when I enter my vehicle no. on any of the UPI apps which support Fastag recharge, my Fastag never shows up.

It literally takes me 15-20 full minutes to do the recharge from the HDFC portal. I find it a colossal waste of time when it can be done using UPI in seconds.

Anybody else facing this issue? This is the same Fastag which came with my vehicle when I bought it in October 2019.
Old 3rd January 2021, 08:40   #47
BHPian

Any idea on how to login to Axis bank fastag portal for the first time? My wife never recharged her fastag after she bought Ford Freestyle two years back. Now the tag seems to be blocked or run or out of balance.

When logging in for the first time, it always says Invalid Captcha. Any suggestions?
Old 3rd January 2021, 08:46   #48
BHPian

Re: FASTag RFID mandatory on all new cars from 1st December, 2017 EDIT:No cash payments from 01 Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
The problem I face with recharging is that apart from the HDFC Fastag portal, no other method of recharge is usable on my Fastag because somehow when I enter my vehicle no. on any of the UPI apps which support Fastag recharge, my Fastag never shows up.

It literally takes me 15-20 full minutes to do the recharge from the HDFC portal. I find it a colossal waste of time when it can be done using UPI in seconds.

Anybody else facing this issue? This is the same Fastag which came with my vehicle when I bought it in October 2019.
Try paying directly to UPI id: netc.yourvehiclenumber@hdfcbank

It works for me. Test it first with a small amount.
Old 3rd January 2021, 08:51   #49
BHPian

Re: FASTag mandatory on all four wheelers from January 01, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Any update on the NHAI direction that all four wheelers must COMPULSORILY have Fastag fixed from 01.01.2021?
We have a new timeline Feb 15th, when the Fastag's become compulsory. Until then cash is accepted in cash only/hybrid lanes.

Source
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 09:01   #50
BHPian

I'm not sure whether it is just me - My Fasttag RFID never gets scanned in few toll gates. Sometimes an employee has to manually intervene and scan using the handheld scanner. I've placed the tag on the far top left side of the windshield (front passenger side).
Anybody facing similar issues? This happens in 30% of the toll gates.
Old 3rd January 2021, 09:15   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I've placed the tag on the far top left side of the windshield (front passenger side)..
This issue may be due to the angle at which the Fastag reader is placed in the toll both. Rather than being at the center of the lane, try to be on the right most side of the lane, so that the fastag comes in to field of view of the scanner.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 19:00   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I'm not sure whether it is just me - My Fasttag RFID never gets scanned in few toll gates. Sometimes an employee has to manually intervene and scan using the handheld scanner. I've placed the tag on the far top left side of the windshield (front passenger .
Could be issue with the glass used. Which car do you have? I know for sure Volvo has this situation.
Old 18th January 2021, 14:22   #53
Team-BHP Support

Talk about the standard way of govt and citizens taking on a new normal. There is still use of cash in fastag lanes and without any penalty for erring drivers.

This is true for Maharashtra toll booths whereas Karnataka has a small barricade put before the toll plaza that directs non-active fastag users over to a separate longer cashlane. That makes entry and exit for law abiding citizens much quicker v/s those that still want to stick to rudimentary methods. In fact the toll booths of Karad and Kolhapur have no visible fastag scanners in all lanes. In most cases a guy with a handheld scanner will run between multiple lanes to serve you.
Old 18th January 2021, 14:31   #54
BHPian

The minimum balance for Fastag is Rs. 200. I had to pay double the toll in cash to a toll guy because the toll was around Rs. 60 and my balance was Rs. 150. I did not know this.

I am sure that this information has been shared before on this thread, but I still repeated it because I suffered a loss.
Old 18th January 2021, 14:54   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
We have a new timeline Feb 15th, when the Fastag's become compulsory. Until then cash is accepted in cash only/hybrid lanes.
Actually for that matter, any lane might be allowed (might vary from toll to toll). Recently around the new year week, we were driving a relative's car which had a valid FASTtag. When we reached the toll, turns out the balance was less than 200 so had to fork out cash. The attendee took it with some grumbling. I don't think I got into the cash only/hybrid lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
The minimum balance for Fastag is Rs. 200. I had to pay double the toll in cash to a toll guy because the toll was around Rs. 60 and my balance was Rs. 150. I did not know this.
Actually that's a good deterrent for ensuring minimal cases of cash based transactions.

In fact in the US, cash based toll charges are nearly twice the amount as deducted from a tag, so eventually everyone gets a tag for their car.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 18th January 2021 at 14:56.
Old 18th January 2021, 15:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post

I am sure that this information has been shared before on this thread, but I still repeated it because I suffered a loss.
Not sure about other tags but Paytm has a minimum balance requirement is Rs 150. Also wanted to confirm on one issue which I had faced.

I use the E-City flyover quite often, a few days back while travelling I had a combined balance of Rs 175 (Fastag + Paytm) in wallet. I did not have any issue during onward journey and Rs 50 was deducted from my wallet. The balance was Rs 125 which was below the minimum required balance. While returning the gate did not open and the status shown was fastag expired/blocked, after realizing this I immediately recharged the wallet but still the gate would not open displaying the same status multiple times and I had to pay the amount in cash. As per the attendant the wallet recharge takes some time to reflect (3-4 hours as per him). Has anyone faced similar issue?
Old 18th January 2021, 16:34   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Is your vehicle number updated on your HDFCB FASTag? I think not else it should be picked up by UPI automatically. In a colleague's case, he had to manually update it on his ICICIB tag.
Old 18th January 2021, 16:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
Not sure about other tags but Paytm has a minimum balance requirement is Rs 150. Also wanted to confirm on one issue which I had faced.

I use the E-City flyover quite often, a few days back while travelling I had a combined balance of Rs 175 (Fastag + Paytm) in wallet. I did not have any issue during onward journey and Rs 50 was deducted from my wallet. The balance was Rs 125 which was below the minimum required balance. While returning the gate did not open and the status shown was fastag expired/blocked, after realizing this I immediately recharged the wallet but still the gate would not open displaying the same status multiple times and I had to pay the amount in cash. As per the attendant the wallet recharge takes some time to reflect (3-4 hours as per him). Has anyone faced similar issue?
Yes it takes minimum 15 mins for Paytm topup to reflect in wallet for fastag. I always ensure I add money at correct time to avoid such situation. It only happened once, around 2 years ago, when I had to pay in cash. Thereafter I have been careful enough.

On another note, I wish there's better management of toll plaza as earlier days or these days, non-tag vehicle enter tag lanes & create a nuisance. There could be few ruffians, but rest are too clever & end up wasting more time & inconvenience to others.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 00:27   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Is your vehicle number updated on your HDFCB FASTag? I think not else it should be picked up by UPI automatically. In a colleague's case, he had to manually update it on his ICICIB tag.
I have raised a service request on the HDFC portal but haven't checked the status. They anyways don't respond to service requests. All my requests till date (dating back to 2019) were still open as of when I last checked.

I will check and update the thread when I do.
Old 24th January 2021, 12:24   #60
BHPian

Quote:
I have raised a service request on the HDFC portal but haven't checked the status. They anyways don't respond to service requests. All my requests till date (dating back to 2019) were still open as of when I last checked.

I will check and update the thread when I do.
I had to send email to fastagdisputes@hdfcbank.com along with the customer ID, registration number, RC copy and vehicle photo(should be less than 2 MB size). After a week, registration number was updated.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks