Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 14:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

You cant say the same for bangalore, perhaps we too need similar officers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Its the individuals that make the difference. I remember that a few years back Passport offices in chennai were equally notorious. Then came an individual who took it upon himself to make Passport offices customer friendly and make service his priority and he made bold statements in the press to publish his agenda and true to his promise he has changed the face of how passport offices funcion today. People who took over after him have carried on his work.
If my memory serves me right the so called raid termed Tiruvanmiyur as the most corrupt RTO. Then came an RTO (the boss) who took it upon himself to change the face of this RTO and in the past few years things have been different. This thread is just a proof of it.
Now I'm sure each one of us want to be equally polite to these RTO officers who were courteous and meticulous.
I guess it just takes one good individual to light the flame and it just spreads.
Old 29th October 2007, 18:55   #32
BHPian

even annanagar rto has come upto this standard.no need to get in touch with touts.both my moms and dads licences were renewed in 2 hours each.very professional the enquiry desk gave me the exact instructions as to what had to be done at what counter and everything.
Old 31st October 2007, 11:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Long live rto! was reading about the RTO in SA and the K53 driving exams. Looks like the RTO phenomenon is worldwide!
Driven insane in South Africa - International Herald Tribune
Old 31st October 2007, 14:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Of course I agree with you. The procedure is simple and least cumbersome here in Chennai. I got my license too just couple of weeks ago, from KK Nagar RTO. Just one day to the office. No Hazzles at all, as it used to be...

But, one thing I would like to highlight about the RTO's speech here. To get a license with a 15 minutes "Test" is something incredible and thats the reason why that 1:1000 ratio of without and with license. (Its soo easy to get a license, why would someone drive without one...?)

Licensing is so strict and systematic abroad (including gulf countries), it takes few months min-2 to max 8 months to get through various tests.
But, In India, driving license is available next only to Kandhaa Batataa... (Aloo-Pyaz)...
Old 17th November 2007, 10:06   #35
BHPian

Somehow I didn't have a great experience at the Thiruvanmiyur RTO 4 years back. Went 3 days to that place to get just an LLR. Got fedup and went to a broker for the rest. Neither with the passport office, a few changes that I needed on it took them 3-4 months. I am happy to hear the situation is changing, the government has to show that they can match the efficiency of private organisations.

As far as quality of driving is concerned I think we have no option but to take it upon ourselves, that's option enough actually instead of waiting in hope that our RTO will start scrutinizing - or rather 'really' scrutinize - our driving. We want to drive well ourselves so it really doesn't matter then if we have a tough or simple driving test.
Old 17th November 2007, 16:27   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

I was ushered through my driving test at the RTO in RA Puram by a driving school. I think this takes most of hasles out of the way. Didn't have any problem, except with how easy it is to "pass" the test!

Licence renewal at Thiruvanmiur went smoothly a few months ago too.
Old 1st December 2011, 17:32   #37
BHPian

Re: My experience with the RTO, Chennai (South)

I was ushered through my driving test at the RTO in RA Puram by a driving school. I think this takes most of hasles out of the way. Didn't have any problem, except with how easy it is to "pass" the test!

Licence renewal at Thiruvanmiur went smoothly a few months ago too.

Sir I have been running from pillar to post to get a DL in Chennai even though I have been enrolled in a reputed driving school"Durga Driving School" in Indira Nagar. I know how to drive quite well, but driving school has been giving me stories about my non-Chennai address to push back the DL test. This has been going on for the last 3 months. Can you tell if you faced any such problem due to out-of-state address or they just think I am an easy target!
I find it strange since a senior colleague of mine in office got a renewal of his Calcutta DL from Chennai.Maybe someone else can throw some light on this issue.
Old 30th September 2013, 17:07   #38
BHPian

Looks like I got stuck at the wrong RTO. I had a minor road incident (car tyre went over a biker's foot) and I had to undergo brake inspection at Valasarawakkam RTO following a FIR. My car was pretty new then; so the brake inspector just inspected it visually and went back to his office. I asked if I should pay any 'fees'; he said No; I didn't insist. Guess what the brake inspector report was - accident due to brake failure. Thank god the accident report at police station was 'simple injury'. Otherwise, even my insurance would not have saved me had the biker sued me. All because I didn't take care of the RTO officer!! We are so much at the mercy of Police, RTO and egoistic illiterate drivers on the road!
Old 30th September 2013, 17:44   #39
BHPian

Went to aynavaram as a companion for a DL test as arranged by the driving school which is just opposite to the RTO, very simple DL test RTO inspector just was asking everyone to drive and was standing and watching. Pretty simple test. Passed.
Old 27th June 2021, 22:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

Chennai Mates,

Is there an RTO (TN01) agent contact number that you can share to assist with two wheeler registration renewal?

I live in Bangalore and have a two wheeler that passed 15 years mark during the last year (between pandemic). I plan to keep the bike and hence needing to re-register. I am ready to ride it down to Chennai to get the FC done, but need an agent assistance to ensure it gets done right away I reach there and so I can ride back and avoid also any hassles in the process.

Any leads?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks