Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2018, 19:20   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hot pursuit of drug dealers (allegedly) by a civilian Thar

Helping the police when you see them having trouble apprehending a criminal is one thing. But chasing a car and ramming at high speeds is something else.

I feel it is merely a case of:

Hot pursuit of drug dealers (allegedly) by a civilian Thar-ih60wallpaper.jpg
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 14:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Even if it was intended in good spirit but it was more like vigilantism. Cops have wireless to secure route and find the culprits, but what were they trying to do by stopping drug peddlers with lathis? Humorous, to say the least unless of course the men were not drug peddlers. Also, with a lady in the Thar, I must say that it was pure stupidity and thank God that the Dzrie did not stop.
Old 13th April 2018, 09:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Maybe the driver of the Thar was inspired by this video (told to be a video of chasing drug smugglers in Brazil)
https://twitter.com/ItsMaleHumor/sta...142264833?s=09

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 13th April 2018 at 10:12.
Old 13th April 2018, 09:59   #34
BHPian

Without any doubt this was an unnecessary pursuit and should not be done by any civilian in whatever vehicle. The driver was not equipped in any way to deal with the repercussions that could happen had the so called "Drug Dealers" decided to retaliate during their escape with whatever weapons or numbers of people they had in the DZire. Also doing this with a lady in the vehicle also didn't make any sense.

Something else I didn't see others mention was the amount of vibration seen in the video from around the 1 minute mark after the Thar tries to push the DZire off the road. I believe the front left tire and its alignment and probably the fender and bumpers were damaged and resulted in the Thar not being able to keep up and the severe amount of vibrations seen in the video after the leftward push.

The Facebook page shows the drivers photo and name and place of work and putting up the video has not been the wisest thing to do as it just opens up avenues for the thugs to retaliate taking their own sweet time.

If it was something personal such as your own child or relative being kidnapped yes - following them and doing whatever you can to keep following and track of them would have made sense while waiting for the cops to show up and take over. Everything else its best to take vehicle number and color etc and let the cops know. Not worth doing all this filmy stuff.

Ramming them gently from the rear does nothing to stop them. As someone mentioned in other countries the police have training that teaches them the approach to disable and stop people on the run by hitting them from a specific angle from the rear on a wide enough and empty highway with enough additional backup. Thar Guy was expecting the people in the Dzire to just stop and put up their hands and quake in fear ?
sjcherian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 16:19   #35
BHPian

I cannot even begin to understand how there could be a debate about whether the Thar driver was right or wrong in his actions, especially in this forum. To me, this act is just plain stupid, foolhardy and illegal. Period. I beg to differ with forum members claiming this as an example of good civic sense. Rather, this is the exact opposite, with the Thar driver apparently not bothered about his or his friend’s safety, and neither of the other hundreds of cars, bikes or pedestrians on some very public roads. To top it off, he has gone ahead and revealed his identity on social media.

Slightly OT, but I also do not understand the allusions to “lady” friend, “girl” friend or “women” passengers. So if it was a male co-passenger, would the situation have been any safer, or the actions any more justifiable? I digress, but this is just sugar-coated chauvinism.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks