Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2018, 01:23   #31
BHPian

Re: NHAI Toll Tax: You won’t have to stop at NH plazas to pay toll

I think there will eventually be multiple options to pay toll and all will co-exist. India is in a unique position where we are skipping current/last gen tech adoption and going for next gen solutions. Mobile banking and digital payment options available in India are some of the best around. Might as well build on it. The internet and the smartphone are truly transforming the way we interact with the world. Exciting times ahead.

With a massive screen and internet connectivity built into the car (read Tesla), who knows how we will end up interacting (including driving) with the vehicle and road ecosystem.
Old 28th April 2018, 20:46   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Nothing beats the 'SALIK' of UAE / Dubai. Its extremely seamless, smooth and a fantastic experience. No stoppage, no queues, no fuel wastage.

Hope a system on the lines of SALIK is implemented on our tolls.
You said it!
I wonder when we will see such seamless pass through. Fastag is a great idea implemented poorly. My worry is that this new payment method, NHAI is mentioning, will be a poor idea implemented very well. Imagine you have to stop, scan the QR code, oh well you are too far from the reader, so you reverse and come closer, then scan again, oh well the phone screen is not bright enough.. ahh.. repeat.

The best thing NHAI can do right now is to open 2 Fastag lanes, and make sure both are at the extreme left ends. The current setup of Fastag in the middle, confuses me every time there is a long backup. I mean which one of the long snaking lines leads to that single fastag. Then there are trucks blocking the full view.
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 10:52   #33
BHPian

The best thing NHAI can do right now is to open 2 Fastag lanes, and make sure both are at the extreme left ends. The current setup of Fastag in the middle, confuses me every time there is a long backup. I mean which one of the long snaking lines leads to that single fastag. Then there are trucks blocking the full view.[/quote]

To add to the confusion, there is no consistent position of the fast tag lane. Sometimes it is located on the extreme left, sometimes on the extreme right and sometimes some lane in the middle. From far, it is difficult to spot the fast tag lane as in many places there is no board 100 m or 200 m before the toll to announce the fast tag lane. Many a times, by the time I have reached the toll, it becomes difficult to maneuver the car to the correct fast tag lane.
Old 30th April 2018, 15:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
The best thing NHAI can do right now is to open 2 Fastag lanes, and make sure both are at the extreme left ends.
Why not all lanes to be FastTag lanes ?

Actually the cost of RFID reader is not much should be less then the steel used in boom barrier the whole issue is that there is huge under-reporting of
toll collected by contractors. If the digital payments increase this scope of extra profit to operators decreases so they are putting all sorts of hurdles.

Many a times we the common people feel cash is preferred however at the same time we wonder why toll never gets reduced or removed.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 17:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Why not all lanes to be FastTag lanes ?

Actually the cost of RFID reader is not much should be less then the steel used in boom barrier the whole issue is that there is huge under-reporting of
toll collected by contractors. If the digital payments increase this scope of extra profit to operators decreases so they are putting all sorts of hurdles.

Many a times we the common people feel cash is preferred however at the same time we wonder why toll never gets reduced or removed.
Ofcourse the best solution is to have fastag in all lanes. Under the present situation, this is the best option one can think of. It is like having a general category for all. Unfortunately all lanes shall be clogged up and the very purpose of having fastag shall be reduced to 'slowtag'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks