Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2020, 15:17   #91
BHPian

Re: 11 Reasons why RMZ Ecoworld is great

Looks like 2020 has sorted everything in Ecoworld, isn't it?
Lazy Driver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 15:32   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Driver View Post
Looks like 2020 has sorted everything in Ecoworld, isn't it?
Ouch!

But don't be too sure. 2020 may be peaceful sure, but I'm sure most IT companies will not abandon the 'let's all jam up in humongous glass-cages lining one single stretch of entry/exit road and cause nightmare traffic every day' model for enabling work next year.

Few companies have seen the light and are planning to move away from this even post-covid, most are deferring opening till sometime mid-next year. Some (mine included) are (like lockdown) extending work from home in 1-2 month blocks at a time, still hoping fondly to return to the nightmare that is 'Eco'World...
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 19:19   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Such a lovely place now. Drive through pretty regularly. Even at 5PM in the evening I can stop in the middle of the road maybe go into 'The Bay' and have a tea and come without causing any issues

Little disconcerting to see the stretch so eerily empty though
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 12:54   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
11 Reasons why Ecoworld is great
So all the reasons might need re-evaluation soon .
I saw these banners put up recently on the Ecoworld road:

11 Reasons why RMZ Ecoworld is great-ecoworld1.jpg11 Reasons why RMZ Ecoworld is great-ecoworld2.jpg

It looks like Brookfield Properties is trying their hand at fixing the congestion after they acquired the asset from RMZ Corp.
itisravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 10:05   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisravi View Post
Very interesting. If it was just the second banner, I'd say they are just going to construct more buildings there and the 'solution' they are proposing would be to move in to one of those so you can walk to work!

But the first one clearly mentions "underpasses". So the question is can a private entity like a builder take up such major roadworks? Or will it be in collaboration with the BBMP?

Will be interesting to see what they have in mind.
Old 9th May 2022, 13:37   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
So the question is can a private entity like a builder take up such major roadworks? Or will it be in collaboration with the BBMP?
Embassy did it in Manyata and people are mighty happy. I'm glad to see some plan in the works for Ecoworld too. We should encourage such initiatives.
vharihar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:02   #97
BHPian

Quote:
So all the reasons might need re-evaluation soon .

Attachment 2305619Attachment 2305618

It looks like Brookfield Properties is trying their hand at fixing the congestion after they acquired the asset from RMZ Corp.
Wow - maybe they read this thread. As folks mentioned, happy that it is being looked into and will be (eventually) solved - fingers crossed.

What about the time when the underpasses are being constructed? The poor employees would need to bear the brunt of underpass construction inside Ecoworld and then the Metro construction as soon as they hit the ORR.
Oh god just thinking about it gives me chills and nightmares.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 9th May 2022 at 15:11.
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:54   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
But the first one clearly mentions "underpasses". So the question is can a private entity like a builder take up such major roadworks? Or will it be in collaboration with the BBMP?

Will be interesting to see what they have in mind.
Quote:
What about the time when the underpasses are being constructed?
Got some information regarding this:
1. The underpass(es) will be constructed inside the Ecoworld (By RMZ, Brookfield and a resident company), first one opposite to the entrance towards Honeywell/Shell (buildings 1-4), just before the lake starts. Second one will be near the Bay (towards rear exit).
2. They will also construct covered walkways from the entrance to the rear exit, with foot-overbridges, one near Building 1 and second after the lake.
3. Work commences soon and completion by end of 2023.

Quote:
The poor employees would need to bear the brunt of underpass construction inside Ecoworld and then the Metro construction as soon as they hit the ORR.
Oh god just thinking about it gives me chills and nightmares.
You bet! This thread will live long for sure.
bejoy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 19:31   #99
BHPian

I have been enjoying working from home for the last 2.5yrs and now have delayed returning to the office for months at a stretch, I have been given an ultimatum to be there and work one full day at the office. I stay in Horamavu and the office is at Bilekahalli, Bannerghatta road. I checked this morning and maps say 1.55hrs to reach my office. The entire stretch has metro construction throughout, alternate routes have Koramangala flyover, Madiwala one-way, and silk board nightmare. It's a painful 23kms to ride one side with half of it filled with metro construction dust. Regret not staying close to office and even more for not staying near a metro.
SS80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 21:47   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
The entire stretch has metro construction throughout, alternate routes have Koramangala flyover, Madiwala one-way, and silk board nightmare. It's a painful 23kms to ride one side with half of it filled with metro construction dust. Regret not staying close to office and even more for not staying near a metro.
Which one way are you taking about? If it's the Madiwala market road, they changed it back to two way long ago. I feel you're better off coming through the city now instead of ORR.
nithin5497 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 11:21   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Got some information regarding this

You bet! This thread will live long for sure.
Thanks for sharing the information. I hope they also do some clean up of the junction where Ecoworld road meets the ORR service lane. Otherwise, no matter how many underpasses one builds inside, if the traffic cannot clear fast enough to the main road, the queue will grow in no time.
With N number of pathways and directions for road users to take near the Ecoworld gate, it really seems a tricky puzzle to solve. Fingers crossed.
drive2eternity is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 17:32   #102

Very nice post. I work in ETV. Earlier I found accommodation in HSR but within a month I realised that it wouldn’t work. So I found another apartment just backside ETV. I always walk to office which is roughly 1 km. Whenever I have to go to native place, I sleep early and leave only after 2 AM in morning. Also, I will plan my return such that it is after 1:00 am. My car has never seen day light in the vicinity of ETV or RMZ.
BlueGod is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks