Team-BHP - Full Data - Toll on National Highways (rates, road length, cost per km etc.)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Full Data - Toll on National Highways (rates, road length, cost per km etc.) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/213721-full-data-toll-national-highways-rates-road-length-cost-per-km-etc.html)

As per Wikipedia

Quote:

A toll road, also known as a turnpike or tollway, is a public or private road (almost always a controlled-access highway in the present day) for which a fee (or toll) is assessed for passage. It is a form of road pricing typically implemented to help recoup the cost of road construction and maintenance.
Quote:

In, India before the 4th century BC, the Arthashastra notes the use of tolls.
In current time, Toll is collected by National highways authority of India (NHAI) and it comes under Ministry of road transports and highways(MORTH).

There are currently 531 toll booths operating on NH for approx 25,000 km of road. I have collected the below data from the NHAI Toll Information system portal.
  1. State
  2. NH No
  3. Toll Plaza Name
  4. Fees Ony way (in INR)
  5. Fees Round (in INR)
  6. Toll road length (in Kms)
  7. Operation date
  8. Traffic (PCU/day)
  9. Type
Public Funded
Build, operate and transfer (BOT)
Operate, Maintain and Transfer (MOT)
Bridges

Full Data - Toll on National Highways (rates, road length, cost per km etc.)-sample_data.jpg

Data : NHAI_Toll_booth_info.xlsx

Data Source : http://tis.nhai.gov.in/tollplazasataglance?language=en

Color Coding
Green Maximum
Yellow - Median
Red - Minimum
Statewise:
Full Data - Toll on National Highways (rates, road length, cost per km etc.)-state_wise.jpg

Toll type wise:
Full Data - Toll on National Highways (rates, road length, cost per km etc.)-type_wise.jpg

State-wise count of toll type:
Full Data - Toll on National Highways (rates, road length, cost per km etc.)-state_vs_type.jpg

Top 20 Based on one-way journey cost:
Full Data - Toll on National Highways (rates, road length, cost per km etc.)-20_costlieast_toll.jpg

Bottom 20 Based on one-way journey cost:
Full Data - Toll on National Highways (rates, road length, cost per km etc.)-20_cheapest_toll.jpg

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Street Experiences Section. Thanks for sharing! Going straight to our homepage :thumbs up.

Waav!
This is a comprehensive information on all the Tolls.

Looking at this data, I just got an idea that can add value to our BHP site.

Do we have a place where we enter source and destination, system will show the list of all Tolls that comes in between the source and destination? and the cost that would be incurred to pass through all those tolls?

If we do not have such thing already, I request Team BHP moderators and IS team to develop such page and make it available for users.

I think this will definitely be of utmost value for people (both members and non members)

Really useful info.

Gujarat has maximum traffic, one major contributing factor is that a vast majority of the state highways there are brilliant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkveda (Post 4668888)
...Do we have a place where we enter source and destination, system will show the list of all Tolls that comes in between the source and destination? and the cost that would be incurred to pass through all those tolls?...

There's this Android app by NHAI that shows toll plaza along the route

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkveda (Post 4668888)
Do we have a place where we enter source and destination, system will show the list of all Tolls that comes in between the source and destination? and the cost that would be incurred to pass through all those tolls?

Yes, you can do this on the NHAI toll website itself.

1. Select the "Tolls On Map" option. This is what you'll see -

Full Data - Toll on National Highways (rates, road length, cost per km etc.)-img_20191003_173246.jpg

2. Select 'Toll Plaza between two stations' and then your 'Source' & 'Destination' from the droplists at the left side of the map and click 'Search'. Here, I've selected Goa & Bangalore respectively. You will then get a map marked with all the tolls (on the right) and a list of the same tolls with their individual tariffs and the total cost (on the left).

Full Data - Toll on National Highways (rates, road length, cost per km etc.)-img_20191003_173338.jpg

Full Data - Toll on National Highways (rates, road length, cost per km etc.)-img_20191003_173306.jpg

Please note that the interface is a bit annoying and it would be better to use the 'Desktop mode' in your phone browser to do this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix (Post 4668908)

Please note that the interface is a bit annoying and it would be better to use the 'Desktop mode' in your phone browser to do this.

And most of the times toll fee is less in this site than the actual price.:Frustrati

Quote:

Yes, you can do this on the NHAI toll website itself.

1. Select the "Tolls On Map" option. This is what you'll see -

Attachment 1920077

2. Select 'Toll Plaza between two stations' and then your 'Source' & 'Destination' from the droplists at the left side of the map and click 'Search'. Here, I've selected Goa & Bangalore respectively. You will then get a map marked with all the tolls (on the right) and a list of the same tolls with their individual tariffs and the total cost (on the left).

Attachment 1920075

Attachment 1920076

I don't quite think the website provides accurate information. I've done Gurgaon (via Yamuna Expressway) to Lucknow and if I recall the total toll one way was close to INR 700, yet when i check the NHAI website, the toll is shown as 0. Have a look at the screen shot - i tried Noida to Lucknow for simplicity and it gave me incorrect data.

Full Data - Toll on National Highways (rates, road length, cost per km etc.)-nhai-website-screenshot.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay434 (Post 4669134)
I don't quite think the website provides accurate information. I've done Gurgaon (via Yamuna Expressway) to Lucknow and if I recall the total toll one way was close to INR 700, yet when i check the NHAI website, the toll is shown as 0. Have a look at the screen shot - i tried Noida to Lucknow for simplicity and it gave me incorrect data.

You can try http://www.tollbetween.com/. As far as I have referred this, I have got close to reality info about the number of tolls between 2 destination and toll charges too.

Quote:

Yes, you can do this on the NHAI toll itself.

Thanks for this information. I was not aware.

But, adding this in Team-BHP will definitely help is my view. Quality is anyway rest assured in Team-BHP :)

Top 20 Based on one-way journey cost:
Attachment 1919658

I am from Bangalore and we pay Rs.50/- one way for a 9Kms elevated tollway. And I remember this being one of the costliest toll roads in India. I did not see this in the Top 20 list. Either the data is not updated or I am overlooking something.

Here is the link to Bangalore tollway.
http://www.blrelevated.co.in/electro...y-toll-plazas/

Quote:

Originally Posted by sad:) (Post 4670488)
Either the data is not updated or I am overlooking something...

Toll road length is not updated on NHAI TIS portal (Data Source).

http://tis.nhai.gov.in/TollInformation?TollPlazaID=314

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who_are_you (Post 4670493)
Toll road length is not updated on NHAI TIS portal (Data Source).
http://tis.nhai.gov.in/TollInformation?TollPlazaID=314

Oh..yeah. I notice it. not sure why it is not updated.

Here is an extract from their website :

"Bangalore Elevated Tollway Pvt. Ltd. (BETPL) is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) promoted for development of party four lane elevated and six lane at grade road from Silk Board Junction to Attibele in the city of Bangalore, the State Capital of Karnataka.
National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has awarded the project to SPV on Built, Operate and Transfer (BOT) – Toll basis in January 2006 and the scope of project involves construction of four lane elevated highway between Km. 9.500 and Km. 18.750, improvement of at grade section between Km 8.765 and Km 18.750 to six lanes and expansion of section between Km. 18.750 and 33.130 to six lanes."

Excellent data compilation.
I guess what most people are confused about is, this data only covers National Highways. All the state /city tolls are not covered by NHAI.
Like Pune - Mumbai expressway is not shown as it is a state highway.
I guess the yamuna one is also a state highway.

I find that the information does not seem to be complete. For instance, there are Tolls on the OMR from Chennai towards Mamallapuram (not ECR). However, none of them are listed.
The NHAI site also does not list any tolls when the searching for tolls between two stations (Chennai - Pondicherry).

The data is not comprehensive, IMHO.