Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2007, 00:36   #31
Team-BHP Support

Amu I think it can be repaired... only the front part of the fender where the blinkers sit looks a bit suspect. It looks like the metal has broken. If that is so it may need to be weld. But even that is possible without much visible effect.

By the way, I am curious. How is it that the front is so badly damaged and yet there is not much damage to the front bumper on that side? Looks like the tree had a bulge/protuberance that hit the upper part of the car...

Edit: Just noticed that the exposed interiors of the engine bay is showing signs of rust formation. Give the car a rust-proof treatment before it ruins the metal surfaces...

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd March 2007 at 00:43.
Old 2nd March 2007, 03:11   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amu1983 View Post
One tip from my experience... Never try to pick up/make a call when taking the car in/out the parking. The parking lots are the worst enemies of your car. Yesterday, my poor baby was hit by a tree (actually the other way round, but I think, it's the tree's fault), when my attention got diverted by a ringing phone.

Broke my headlight, side indicator and the side-body is badly damaged. Can I just get the side-body replaced? It's the part that runs from the door to the front bumper. If yes, any idea of the costs involved? Also... where do I get it done in Pune?
Where in Pune do you live? I know a person in NIBM who did a very good job on my 800, I could not make out the difference in the paint job. He did the entire panel where the petrol lid is situated for Rs.2,700.
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

I live in Aundh, Pune and I have a similar newly acquired fender bender on my Baleno. Any recommendations on where I can get the repair job done? I prefer someone who does it quickly and also ensures that the paint match (Metallic Beam blue ) !!
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:38   #34
BHPian

>> Looks like the tree had a bulge/protuberance that hit the upper part...
Yes, you are right. Stupid, fat tree!!!

mb_jg, can you please PM me his phone number?
Old 11th March 2007, 17:56   #35
BHPian

It's repaired now... Fitted a new fender. It looks perfect, and brand-new now. Fender + Painting + Headlight assembly + Parking light assembly = Rs. 3900
Quite an expensive phone call..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks