Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2020, 14:26   #46
RMN
BHPian

Re: Alert! Don't fall for this FASTag fraud

This scam is no different than any other online transaction. I dont see anything unique to Fastag about it!
RMN is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 15:31   #47
RnK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post

Planning to get FASTag from ICICI as a bunch of my friends said they've not faced any hassles!
I have been using ICICI FASTag for 8 months now and haven't faced any single issue till date. Most of these transactions were done on the Mumbai - Kolhapur stretch in MH. The FASTags also acknowledged the round trip fare whenever I crossed the same toll booth within 24 hours. I also get notifications of the transactions on my phone within 30 mins. So far so good!

Pro Tip: If the toll booth attendant says that your FASTag is not working and you have to pay by cash (they do this often to trick people), cross check by logging in to your account if something is actually wrong with your FASTag. Otherwise you might end up paying double the amount as some of them have mentioned.
RnK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 23:32   #48
BHPian

I am using Airtel fasttag linked to Airtel savings account. ( It's an e- bank)
Amount gets autodebited from the linked savings account so I use that only for fasttag. I transfer money to Airtel account before a trip. Whatever excess money ( usually in 3 digits ) remains after the trip, earns 4% interest while it's there and I can withdraw it anytime I want.

Performance of the fasttag also has been good.
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 13:07   #49
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai gang arrested for massive Fastag fraud

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/73947846.cms

They would transfer money into the Fastags with UPI, siphoning money from a bank ledger account, and then claim refunds stating that the KYC submitted was erroneous.

Not 100% sure just how the scam works but this seems to be a pretty ugly bug, together with at least one bank insider's involvement.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 13:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai gang arrested for massive Fastag fraud

Thanks for sharing.
This incident has already been posted in the regular Fastag thread.

Online frauds are on the rise in India. 200 crores is a big amount. Surprising how these people find loopholes and rob money.
The Government needs to have more cyber security cells and robust systems.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 5th February 2020 at 13:38.
Old 1st April 2021, 19:45   #51
BHPian

Dear Members,

I use fastag that was issued by HDFC.
The last time we crossed a toll (Manesar Toll) where fastag was accepted was in August 2020.

Today while at home, I receive the below message :-

Dear Customer, Your FasTag A/c has been debited for Rs. 70 for transaction by Vehicle MA3NFG81SKD240090 at Toll Manesar Toll Plaza on 2021-04-01T17:39:07. Balance amount in the A/c is Rs. ** - HDFC Bank Ltd.

The VIN number is correct but I haven't crossed Manesar toll plaza since August 2020.

I am confused as to how this has happened?
Luckily, my main account balance is not linked with the FASTAG account. I add money to fastag as and when the need arises.

Can someone help and let me know what step needs to be taken now? Shall I blocky fastag and get a new one or raise it with some relevant authority?

Mods, please merge this to relevant thread if this is not the one.
Old 1st April 2021, 20:33   #52
BHPian

Seeing all these frauds and people losing their money. I'm sceptical of the gps system that Nitin Gadkari was talking about. We have to extra cautious in today's time to avoid mishaps more than ever .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks