Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2020, 14:01   #16
BHPian

Re: Driving License, vehicle fitness certificate validity extended

I have a noob question, if anyone is willing to indulge me.

My 2005 RE 500's RC is supposed to expire on 3/1/21. Does this mean, that this date is now 31/3/21 ?
Also my insurance has lapsed and I am unable to get it renewed since my bike is no longer showing in the Vaahan portal. Any tips on how to deal with this ?
Old 28th December 2020, 15:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket03 View Post
I have a noob question, if anyone is willing to indulge me.

My 2005 RE 500's RC is supposed to expire on 3/1/21. Does this mean, that this date is now 31/3/21 ?
Also my insurance has lapsed and I am unable to get it renewed since my bike is no longer showing in the Vaahan portal. Any tips on how to deal with this ?

If your bike is DL registered, the 15 year rule applies right?*Could be the reason why it is not showing up in Vahan. If it belongs to other states, then the below facts apply.

Yes, all the RC (due for renewals) will be valid till March 31st, 2021. You can renew the RC and get the Fitness done before this date.

The insurance can be renewed online through policy bazaar/Go digit/ Acko. Would recommend Acko, the process is seamless and you can clarify that the RC has been extended. Should be done without much fuss, my friend renewed it for his swift which is also pending FC.

Go to the Acko website and enter the details, in case you face issues here check out policy bazaar as a last resort.

For reference, you can show the news article related to the extension of the RC date.

Last edited by chinmaypillay : 28th December 2020 at 15:37.
chinmaypillay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 09:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaypillay View Post
If your bike is DL registered, the 15 year rule applies right?*Could be the reason why it is not showing up in Vahan. If it belongs to other states, then the below facts apply.

Yes, all the RC (due for renewals) will be valid till March 31st, 2021. You can renew the RC and get the Fitness done before this date.
Thank you so much for the prompt reply. My bike is MH02 registered and I live in New Delhi. So I don't know why it is not showing on the portal. It's a paper booklet type RC.

I shall look up these websites and get insurance renewed ASAP
Old 29th December 2020, 09:44   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket03 View Post
It's a paper booklet type RC.
This would be the reason. Check and get it updated asap. Btw, you can do renewal of RC 60 days in advance.

Note that your RC validity date does not change, but they are giving extra time of these 3 months to do the renewal.

On a related note - I have a chip card type DL, but even this is not showing up on the portal. I am having to get it update first before I can get it renewed. So pls get the veh details updated soon.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks