Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will you tip Ola drivers if the service was positive?
Yes 120 53.10%
No 106 46.90%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2020, 19:08   #46
BHPian

Re: Ola launches in-app tipping functionality

Voted : NO

I do tend to tip on occasion, mostly its just the "Keep the change scenario" for example if a trip costs 480 bucks, i give 500 and repeat the aforementioned line. Or sometimes for exemplary service like a couple of stops or help with luggage i even go for a 50 or 100.

But have voted No because I really wouldn't tip on the app, the happiness the guy gets from the tip is really masked behind the veil of technology if you use the app.

Not just ola, if my employer handed me a bonus of 5k one fine day, I would be far happier with that than if it is added to my monthly salary 20 days later. Just psychology I guess.
Old 3rd July 2020, 20:21   #47
BHPian

"Strictly 'No Tipping' Please!" - Yes, I find it rather insulting to tip someone and find it extremely shameless when someone seeks a tip. As a user of services, I expect the quality of service delivery to be above average if not exceptional. When one gets paid for a completed job, it typically includes a bonus component (minuscule bit though) in it.

I would rather donate books, clothes, medicines, or food to the underprivileged than handing out tips.
Old 4th July 2020, 18:53   #48
BHPian

Voted: Yes
If the poll question was: Would you use the Ola App to give a tip, then my answer would have been - NO.

I do tip the occasional driver who make the travel a pleasant experience (clean car etc.), but would not tip them on the App. Not a good idea to institutionalize this.
Old 5th July 2020, 14:00   #49
BHPian

If we leave aside the finesse of "Tip" or "Service Charge", then what fault is in asking for an extra amount over and above the metered fare by that poor auto rickshaw guy. When a restaurant which charges Rs 150 for a glass of coke or 700 for a chicken dish forces down 15% service charge down your throat, or, a billion dollars + funded Ola/Swiggy/Zomato asks you to chip in with some amount, why do we fume when that auto rickshaw guy asks for Rs 50 more?

Every service should have a price that covers all costs and allows the provider to make a reasonable profit. The guerilla warfare type of pricing in the way of tips/service charges/convenience fee/ etc. etc. do not go down well with me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks