Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2022, 15:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Kerala HC stays fines based on speed camera visuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Why is Waze so good? Kindly explain.

What do the numbers in black circle signify?
Numbers of cameras in that area. If we zoom in we will get the details.
Just to get an idea of number of cameras I took screen shot with zoom out.
Before 400/500m, this app will give an audio warning and from 100m it will be beeping.
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 16:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Did anyone use Radarbot?
I use radarbot during my Trivandrum Kochi trips and find it a lifesaver. Tried Waze, liked the app but their maps are not so updated (it gave me the wrong directions around palarivattom Jn) so I uninstalled it.
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 20:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Why is Waze so good? Kindly explain.
Waze just alerts you when you are approaching a speed camera and if you are over the speed limit for the road. What I like about Waze is, it gives me a alert, a beep, whenever, I cross the speed limit for the road. Next it gives me a warning about an upcoming speed camera, for the usual speeds that I am doing, once I get an 'Speed Camera Ahead' warning, I have about 10 seconds before I reach the camera, and I can just lift the foot of the accelerator and coast, to reach the camera just under the speed limit and once it is crossed, I just zoom ahead.

I felt, with Waze that there was always a learning curve and timing it was a bit difficult when I started using it, but nowadays, I have no issues.

Your mileage may vary.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 20:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I use radarbot during my Trivandrum Kochi trips and find it a lifesaver. Tried Waze, liked the app but their maps are not so updated (it gave me the wrong directions around palarivattom Jn) so I uninstalled it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Waze just alerts you when you are approaching a speed camera and if you are over the speed limit for the road. What I like about Waze is, it gives me a alert, a beep, whenever, I cross the speed limit for the road. Next it gives me a warning about an upcoming speed camera, for the usual speeds that I am doing, once I get an 'Speed Camera Ahead' warning, I have about 10 seconds before I reach the camera, and I can just lift the foot of the accelerator and coast, to reach the camera just under the speed limit and once it is crossed, I just zoom ahead. .

Your mileage may vary.
I'm traveling to Hyderabad next week for the first time and have been stressed, reading about the speed cams and aggressive cops all over the roads.
I normally use gmaps for navigation. But I have installed waze and radarbot also and was wondering how to use these apps to help avoid paying heavy fines. Any advice would be helpful.
Old 17th February 2022, 21:45   #35
Senior - BHPian

Navigate as you usually do using Google maps. But also start radarbot in the background and enable its alerts for speed cameras. You have to play around with settings to let it display over gmaps. I got a premium licence with a one time 500 Rs fee last year, but now I hear they have s subscription model so not sure how things work for users these days

Last edited by greenhorn : 17th February 2022 at 21:47.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 08:21   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnjdnght View Post
They gave me a hand written receipt.

However, thinking about this later during the trip, I get the feeling that they pulled a fast one on me and made a neat sum for their pockets. The receipt they gave was a hand written one on a "official" looking receipt booklet. They didn't give me any proper printout indicating the speed, offence or any other details. Even the tone of discussion was almost like a negotiation in which they skilfully managed to extract the full amount. Anyway lesson learnt. While in Kerala, be very wary! But while in that mode I do see several vehicles pass me at speed and I keep wondering if they know techniques, that I don't, to travel quick without getting caught.
I think you will receive ac receipt in "Form TR 5. If so, it is original. The book has a serial number and the 100 leaves have to be accounted for.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 20:47   #37
BHPian

Recently when I checked Vahan site for something, found out my TN registered car had been blacklisted by Kerala MVD due to non-payment of Speeding ticket.

Went to Palakkad in Dec 2021 and wasn't aware of speed cameras setup back then.

Thrice within 6 mins - 8:30 AM, 8:33 AM & 8:36 AM for around 100 KMPH between Vattapara & Athurasramam, an expensive 6 mins @ Rs.4500/-!

Never got the notice earlier. Asked for the notice in email and they sent me 3 with clear details. No point arguing, just paid.

Checked Telangana site for any fines during my Hyderabad trip around the same time, thank God! have none.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 07:22   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Recently when I checked Vahan site for something, found out my TN registered car had been blacklisted by Kerala MVD due to non-payment of Speeding ticket.
Make sure you keep the payment receipts and see that the blacklist status is lifted. Mine is blacklisted inspite of paying the fines (Fine was paid few years back on MVD Kerala website before this become a central database). Unfortunately, I dont have the payment receipts but have the bank statements.

And these guys at Vahan/MVD Kerala havent answers to my mails/calls.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 15:40   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Make sure you keep the payment receipts and see that the blacklist status is lifted. Mine is blacklisted inspite of paying the fines (Fine was paid few years back on MVD Kerala website before this become a central database). Unfortunately, I dont have the payment receipts but have the bank statements.

Sure, I have the receipts in email, guess am good.
They have been responsive so far, will have to wait and watch as they now have to remove the blacklisting.

You can try the below. I got it from their website, they had listed for all districts if I recall it right but may not be limited to?

mailto:aecrkkd.mvd@kerala.gov.in
Automated Enforcement Control Room,
First Floor,IDTR,Motor Vehicle Testing Ground
Chevayoor(PO),Kozhikode-673017
Ph: 0495 2355588

Wait, isn’t it a problem anywhere due to the blacklisting? I thought they may even confiscate my vehicle the next time I enter Kerala and so, paid
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 09:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Make sure you keep the payment receipts and see that the blacklist status is lifted. Mine is blacklisted inspite of paying the fines.

Quote:
Sure, I have the receipts in email, guess am good.
They have been responsive so far, will have to wait and watch as they now have to remove the blacklisting.
Two of our KL registered vehicles were blacklisted. On one there were 6 or so of these speed camera fines, from 2015-2017 when the fine was still Rs 400 or so. In total Rs 2400. Probably the letters with the violation details had come and got misplaced or something, there were no issues even for an ownership change back in late 2020 or so. Recently when I checked Vahan it showed up as blacklisted. Anyway thought will pay it off, and did it through the Vahan website which was bit repetitive, as I had to do it in 6 transactions and with several payment failures in between. Once it was done, I just had to send a mail to AECREKM.MVD@kerala.gov.in with the payment receipts to release black list status. They are very responsive, and it is usually released within 24 hours. It is not automated and you need to send an email. The same was mentioned in mParivahan as well.

Kerala HC stays fines based on speed camera visuals-blackliststatus.jpeg

You can lookup the receipt status and download it again from Vahan website, so it should be trivial even if you failed to save the receipts at the time.

Quote:
Wait, isn’t it a problem anywhere due to the blacklisting? I thought they may even confiscate my vehicle the next time I enter Kerala and so, paid
Not sure about non-KL vehicles, but for KL vehicles which are blacklisted, no KL RTO services would be available. Ownership change, NOC, hypothecation release etc. I am not sure if there is a separate fine for driving a blacklisted vehicle. Now that everything is centralised, even if the vehicle is blacklisted from another state, RTO services from your home state could be denied.

One good thing though is, there doesn't seem to be a penalty/interest on top of the fine for delayed payments. In my case, the fine was paid a good 6-8 years later.

Last edited by varkey : 2nd April 2023 at 09:53.
varkey is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 07:13   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Once it was done, I just had to send a mail to AECREKM.MVD@kerala.gov.in with the payment receipts to release black list status. They are very responsive, and it is usually released within 24 hours. It is not automated and you need to send an email. The same was mentioned in mParivahan as well.
I sent a mail yesterday and got an automated reply in 2 minutes. Shall wait for a day and leave a reply.

"Sir,

Kerala MVD wishes you a good day.

Your Email received. This is an automatically generated Email.

!!! Obey traffic rules - Save your future !!!"
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 09:39   #42
BHPian

Last one year I am communicating with Kozikode MVD for removing my car from Blacklist with no positive result. Even after paying the fine using the link they provided blacklist stay as it is. fine are for 92 KMPH on free roads during early morning 3 AM drives.

Last two trips I took bus to avoid such mistakes. When a state consider traffic fine as main source of income no one can help. as per the news to increase the revenue now they installed more cameras this week.

https://keralakaumudi.com/en/news/ne...?id=1047123&u=

Govt waiting for completion of national highway to install camera. In fact such violation fine should goto the central than state as road was constructed by central. That may demotivate such squeezing tactics.

In 27 years of driving I got all fines from kerala. hope other states wont indulge into this wrong practice.

I am not against imposing fine but my concern was against the intention and implementation. If they start such activities no one will be able to safely overtake a motor vehicle going at 70 KMPH.

Last edited by svkndv : 13th April 2023 at 09:45.
Old 13th April 2023, 14:25   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post
When a state consider traffic fine as main source of income no one can help. as per the news to increase the revenue now they installed more cameras this week.
Not new ones, the already installed AI cameras will start functioning from April 20th.

Though am looking forward to see how this will have an impact on lane manners, this is likely to end up being a money grabbing scheme.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th April 2023 at 02:59. Reason: Quote trimmed.
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 15:20   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Never got the notice earlier. Asked for the notice in email and they sent me 3 with clear details. No point arguing, just paid.
My vehicle has been blacklisted in vahan due to a KL fine from 2022!

I am trying to contact them to get the details to pay it since they have a special process for out of state vehicles where they have to share some details before we can pay (https://mvd.kerala.gov.in/sites/defa...20vehicles.pdf)

However, I am not getting any responses from the listed phone numbers.

Can you let me know what email ID you contacted? I'll try that to see if they respond.
Old 17th April 2024, 17:28   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntOOs View Post
My vehicle has been blacklisted in vahan due to a KL fine from 2022!
I don't think there is any seperate process for paying fine for non KL vehicles.
Prior to KL being integrated to Vaahan system, they had a separate payment link (something similar to how Bangalore traffic police has now). However, past Vaahan integration (I guess since 2019 or so?) its through the same system.

So you should be able to pay if the fine is showing up. Alternatively, I have an agent contact who can help you out. However, they will charge I guess Rs 500 extra, hence not posting it here. In case you would like to try that approach, do DM me, I can share the number.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks