Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2020, 15:41   #31
BRV
BHPian

Re: Keep your First Aid Kits updated

Bumping the thread again.

On a recent drive, I had to use the first aid kit which came with the car. Near an under construction toll a two wheeler (Honda Activa) rider along with two pillion riders (Father, Mother and Son) slipped and fell on the road due to sand and gravel on the road.

Father who was riding had an injury above the right eyebrow, elbows and Mother had shoulder injury, knee injury and Son had knee injury (pretty deep). None of the injuries were serious however, skin peeled off all over the injuries and were using their hankies to stop the blood. They didn't had the first aid kit in two wheeler (never bothered to replace it after expiry)

Stopped the car and took out the first aid kit and carefully used all the products where it was needed the most.

Multiple two wheelers stopped for assistance however, none of them had the first aid kit.

The kit provided in the car is for minor cuts and bruises. I felt the kit should be more practical rather than a formality.

Am looking for replacing the First-aid kit in my car and need suggestions if we have any readily available kits (apart from above Apollo kit) along with how to use them in emergency.

Also how and where to dispose the first aid kit which got expired.

Thanks in advance
BRV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 01:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRV View Post
The kit provided in the car is for minor cuts and bruises. I felt the kit should be more practical rather than a formality.

Am looking for replacing the First-aid kit in my car and need suggestions if we have any readily available kits (apart from above Apollo kit) along with how to use them in emergency.

Also how and where to dispose the first aid kit which got expired.
If you feel the kits in car are bad, the ones in two wheelers are pretty damn useless. The ones in bikes like RE are tucked under the seat and not easily accessible even. Like you said, it is just a formality.

The ready made kits available, especially in our country are barebones and not much better than the ones that come with the car. My suggestion is to build a first aid kit yourself after identifying the essentials by looking at various lists online. This is a good example https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-v...ml#post4627351 (Mitsubishi Pajero SFX - Project Overland Conversion)

Most of the items in the first aid kit don't really expire IMO, doctors here can comment.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 22:13   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFang View Post
Sorry for bumping into an old thread. Most of the items in my present first aid kit (VW Polo) have crossed their respective expiry dates. Someone, please throw light on the procedure of refilling. Any recommended brands/channels/options?.

Finally, I found a first aid box on Apollo Pharmacy website and ordered it from there for Rs.324. Nothing notable to be said about their website and the purchase experience. I have received the package in a couple of days, and I am satisfied with the purchase.
So, I decided to purchase 2 of these first aid kits from Apollo 24/7 for the 2 cars. It was delivered within 18 hours. COD. Cost Rs. 375.00 each.

Sadly, after waiting for "cooling off" time post sanitizing, I noticed that they were packed in Nov 2019 and expiring April 2021. Just 4 months away!!

I immediately called up Apollo who were apologetic and have promised to do an exchange tomorrow. Let's see. Meanwhile I have bought a couple of additional medicines and burn dressings to add to the box.

Regards,
SS
Old 8th December 2020, 09:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Most of the items in the first aid kit don't really expire IMO, doctors here can comment.
Individual items which expire can be replaced when required. There is no need to discard whole kit because of one item. Usually expiry date on the kit will be of nearest expiry date of an item in kit.

Btw, I'm not a doctor

Cheers
Old 14th December 2020, 12:03   #35
BANNED

Having a well-stocked first-aid box can help you prepare for common injuries and emergencies. It can also aid in responding to a medical crisis efficiently. Maintaining a first aid kit in your vehicle is vital to deal with emergency situations when outdoors, this will help avoid further damage until medical help arrives. You or other motorists may suffer a bruise, bite, cut or other self-treatable injuries while traveling, this is when the first aid kit will help.

First aid items you should keep in your car:-

1.Band-Aids, gauze pads and rolls
2.Antiseptic ointment
3.Pain-relieving spray
4.Cream to treat burns
5.Cotton balls & wipes
6.scissors & tweezers
Old 4th January 2021, 20:58   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
So, I decided to purchase 2 of these first aid kits from Apollo 24/7 for the 2 cars. It was delivered within 18 hours. COD. Cost Rs. 375.00 each.

Sadly, after waiting for "cooling off" time post sanitizing, I noticed that they were packed in Nov 2019 and expiring April 2021. Just 4 months away!!

I immediately called up Apollo who were apologetic and have promised to do an exchange tomorrow. Let's see. Meanwhile I have bought a couple of additional medicines and burn dressings to add to the box.

Regards,
SS
Update : Apollo Pharmacy sent two more recent first aid boxes as replacements. Expiry in December 2021 which is not ideal but better than before. One of the boxes has already come in handy for a 2 wheeler rider who fell off his scooty.

Regards,
SS
Old 5th January 2021, 02:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterRider 7 View Post
Having a well-stocked first-aid box can help you prepare for common injuries and emergencies. It can also aid in responding to a medical crisis efficiently. Maintaining a first aid kit in your vehicle is vital to deal with emergency situations when outdoors, this will help avoid further damage until medical help arrives. You or other motorists may suffer a bruise, bite, cut or other self-treatable injuries while traveling, this is when the first aid kit will help.

First aid items you should keep in your car:-

1.Band-Aids, gauze pads and rolls
2.Antiseptic ointment
3.Pain-relieving spray
4.Cream to treat burns
5.Cotton balls & wipes
6.scissors & tweezers
I'd say add a couple of Triangular bandages for using as a sling, paraffin gauzes for burn injuries and maybe a box of assorted adhesive plasters like in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Keep your First Aid Kits updated-20210104_17572101.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks