Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2007, 12:20   #31
BHPian

sorry to hear this....
Also reminds me that the tyres on my Corsa need a replacement fast,...I've been postponing it for months now due to my own laziness and the fact that the Workshop guys keep telling me tha the tyres are good for at least another 5K kms....
Old 10th May 2007, 00:32   #32
BHPian

She's back!

Well guys, thanks again for all your concern and discussions...

My Ikon's back and looking beautiful! I fetched her today evening from Metro Ford and drove her back home...She's all washed and polished too!

So the (financial) damage, u ask? Here it is, in round figures:

Estimate given before work began: Rs. 1,05,000
(Metro's got a habit of over-quoting...anyone know why they do this?)

Total cost of spares and labor in the end: Rs. 55,000
Amount choked up by Bajaj Allianz: Rs. 33,000
Difference amount I had to pay: Rs. 22,000

Now, putting that in percent terms, BA paid me between 50-60% (taking exact figures into account) which is a smaller percentage that what IFFCO-TOKIO had given me a year and a half back for a much smaller accident (amount involved was around 10k for repair and they gave 80%).

However, I have to say I'm rather satisfied with BA's amount and service...the fact that I didn't have to pay the entire amount up front and wait for a cheque more than makes up for it.

What do you guys think?? Any similar experiences/different stories with your insurance co.'s, if ever? Let's hear it!

So as I said, the car's back in her (almost) full grace. I had opted to not replace my hi-flow K&N with a stock airbox, only to find out today that the filter is still hell-bent out of shape! (and it leaks a bit of air)

The car's totally driveable though, and I kept it at low rpms all the way home to keep unfiltered air to a minimum. I'm picking up a new hi-flow K&N tomorrow and replacing the old one....
Any suggestions on alternatives for the conical filter? However, I need something available tomorrow, and in Bangalore, I can only think of K&N...
I was toying with the idea of getting a Ractive or Pipercross filter from Mumbai, until I saw the filter today (it needs immediate replacement).

Peace, guys! I'll hopefully post some 'after' pics soon!
Old 10th May 2007, 00:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Vej just came across this thread,sorry to hear about whatever happened but happy that everything has worked out well.
Old 10th May 2007, 10:05   #34
Team-BHP Support

Vez, good that your car's back.
Any idea of what all were the parts they had replaced?
Old 10th May 2007, 12:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that you are back, but 22k is a little too steep to bear all of a sudden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
Estimate given before work began: Rs. 1,05,000
(Metro's got a habit of over-quoting...anyone know why they do this?)

Ask shivasuma
Old 10th May 2007, 22:05   #36
BHPian

EL, you're right, the price is a little steep...but oh well...

The major parts that were replaced include the following:
-Both headlights
-Metal brace/bulkhead (the one right behind the headlights)
-Radiator and rad. fan
-Condenser

I just went today and got a brand new hi-flow K&N cone filter to replace the old one...

The car's responding really well considering the new filter and the fact that I had the stupid E68 removed (my worst waste of money in the name of performance). For those that don't know what that is: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ke-system.html

Take care guys....will hopefully post those pics sometime!
Old 15th May 2007, 20:27   #37
BHPian

sorry about the delay on the pics.....been a little hectic past week! Anyways, the concerned, renewed profile of the car:

Old 16th May 2007, 13:13   #38
Team-BHP Support

Hi Vez,
Good that you have your car back.
Looks like they did a good restoration job from the pic, although i cant be certain.
Old 19th May 2007, 18:43   #39
BHPian

Thanks Ben! actually, they've done a really good job of restoration...the car's running just as good as (if not better than) before!

there are however, a couple of minor problems left:
1) I don't know if they've not installed the new condenser properly or something, but the AC sometimes blows hot air (even when on) especially when engine braking is used. Anyone know what can cause this? This is pretty annoying , esp. in the daytime, and I'm thinking of getting it checked up ASAP.

2) Probably not a mistake on Metro's part, this - the front brakes now squeal when applied with medium to high pressure...I'll have to get them cleaned or better yet, get the front AND rear pads replaced. (since rears have been groaning for some time now).
Old 20th May 2007, 00:26   #40
Team-BHP Support

check the ac air recirculation flap, on a wild guess hope its not disconnected and opening up when the weight shifts under barking. or it can be a water diverter problem in the heater.

brakes, well get them cleaned, in metro you really need to convince them to do the job, they will always say its fine, better take it to a good local garage and get it done and can check for yourself if the pads require replacement.
Old 20th May 2007, 00:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congratualtions on getting your car back, i know how it feels when its absent and sitting in the garage. Looking at the picture i can say Ford have done a good job.
Old 22nd May 2007, 10:49   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
there are however, a couple of minor problems left:
1) I don't know if they've not installed the new condenser properly or something, but the AC sometimes blows hot air (even when on) especially when engine braking is used. Anyone know what can cause this? This is pretty annoying , esp. in the daytime, and I'm thinking of getting it checked up ASAP.
Please get it checked as Jaggu pointed out. Among the most common problems on the Ikon series. Should not be difficult to fix : A/C diverter value being the culprit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks