Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 13:59   #31
BHPian

Quote:
I noticed that the car was a KA-50 registration (thats Sagar town?) and bought from Kalyani Motors.
Dude the RTO in bangalore have reorganised the numbers. to support the expansion
KA-50 would jayanagar RTO (I guess not too sure .. but bangalore south zone for sure)
KA-51 would Electronic city etc..

Kalyani Motors stumps me never heard of them in bangalore

Gyaani's in the forum
Please correct my understanding if wrong
Old 15th May 2007, 14:11   #32
BHPian

Dude the RTO in bangalore have expanded and now
KA 50 is bangalore south
KA 51 is hosur road etc..
Old 15th May 2007, 14:32   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar View Post
Dude the RTO in bangalore have expanded and now
KA 50 is bangalore south
KA 51 is hosur road etc..

For the correct info...

Registering Authorities
Old 15th May 2007, 20:18   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

There is no re-organization of numbers. Just additions.

KA-50 is Yalahanka, not BLR South. BLR South means Jayanagar, as in KA-05

KA-51 is Bannerghatta Road. Not Hosur Road

Last edited by condor : 15th May 2007 at 20:19.
Old 15th May 2007, 20:49   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Its heart warming to know that the Bangalore lorry drivers above are on our side. Lets keep them happy by smashing a few blessed coconuts on their windshields- the only part that is susceptible on their lorries.
We do keep an eye out for friends.

But just in case you have not noticed, the windshields are a little out of your reach. So you can do well to keep the coconuts home.
Old 30th July 2007, 21:56   #36
BHPian

i was riding to my friends place in btm a couple of days back. and i was at the junction of the road that turns to forum. there was a tata india in front of my packed with people, kids, women, the works. the road was wet as it had just rained. the guy in the indica took a blind turn on to the road without looking to see if any traffic was coming on the mainroad.

well, a bts was coming at around 40-50kmph and the bus driver jammed his brakes. i've never seen a bus skidding before. never. it was a horrific site, sliding silently on the road (somehow in a straight line) there was no noise as the road was wet. and the bus driver let go of the brake a fraction of a second before he hit the indica (still oblivious) and swerved, missing it by a few inches at most.

i would have taken that bus driver's autograph if i had the chance, that was some insane skill. we always blame the bus drivers for accidents but they've got a tough job maneouvring those things all over the city with idiots like you and i overtaking them and swerving in front of them.

as for the indica, i bet he'll die not realizing his stupidity nearly cost his entire family their lives.

unless he reads this. (unlikely)

end of rant
Old 31st July 2007, 14:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

My friends dad who is a cop came over and then we finally settled the issue.We were asked to pay 1k for their medical expenses . I tried reasoning and my cousin said let go off it, thank god these imbeciles dint hit the grave.
End of the day we paid for no mistake of ours. Thanks to the law here.
I completely agree Vikram.Be it bikers or drivers all are a set of buffoons who have no road sense and rarely follow traffic rules..aarrrggghhh .
Thats sad, this is the reason all these morons get away and commit such mistakes again since someone else pays for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Salutations to the bullet, nothing apart from a slightly bent front mud-guard and a broken spoke.
Yae i agree completely. remember once had to brake little hard and from behind some nutcase riding a "bajaj discover" unable to stop, rams into my bike and what i see his bikes crash gard had bent completely. the damage to my bike(Enfield 535) was a lil scratch
Old 31st July 2007, 14:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Well one of my colleague narrowly escaped death because of this signalling method of trucks. The truck had put a right indicator in an open high way while he was moving in the middle lane. My friend, who was driving a brand new Ikon went ahead to the right side of the truck, thinking he is giving a go ahead. To his utter horror the truck suddenly turned right ! His car banged into his diesel tank was completely damaged. Luckily it didnt burst. But his car was totalled and he had to claim whatever was available from Insurance people.

So I dont think its a good idea to use same signal for different conflicting purpose. And we have no way to know whats in the mind of those truckers.
Golden rule watch their hand, most of the truckers like to signal with thier hand.

appuchan from my experience till now i have learnt that truckers are better compared to bus drivers or auto walla or the two wheeler riders(on hiway!). whenever i overtake i ensure (horn ) that they know my intention (to overtake) and i overtake only if i get to see thier signal, many a times they have saved me by warning about the on coming traffic.
Old 31st July 2007, 15:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
i was riding to my friends place in btm a couple of days back. and i was at the junction of the road that turns to forum. there was a tata india in front of my packed with people, kids, women, the works. the road was wet as it had just rained. the guy in the indica took a blind turn on to the road without looking to see if any traffic was coming on the mainroad.

well, a bts was coming at around 40-50kmph and the bus driver jammed his brakes. i've never seen a bus skidding before. never. it was a horrific site, sliding silently on the road (somehow in a straight line) there was no noise as the road was wet. and the bus driver let go of the brake a fraction of a second before he hit the indica (still oblivious) and swerved, missing it by a few inches at most.

i would have taken that bus driver's autograph if i had the chance, that was some insane skill. we always blame the bus drivers for accidents but they've got a tough job maneouvring those things all over the city with idiots like you and i overtaking them and swerving in front of them.

as for the indica, i bet he'll die not realizing his stupidity nearly cost his entire family their lives.

unless he reads this. (unlikely)

end of rant
Sad but true, these kind of incidents have beconme so common, almost everyday i spot atleast 1 sad/bad/irresponsible/senseless/etc riding/driving insanely.

Otherday saw a M800 trying to do the squeez tricks like the bikers and autos... he was not bothered about people behind him, just change the lane without indicating.

Few weeks back saw a loaded motorbike(4 people, 1 bike (2 adults and 2 kids. i think it was a splendor DL reg, was trying to overtake a bus thinking it was a car i mean he was taking the space what a car uses and at the pace he did, it looked like he is on a cycle. finally he overtakes the bus but he still is in the right lane doing the same speed, holding all the junta who have been waiting for him to overtake and move to left so that they can proceed. untill all started to shout then he realises and slowly moves out.

Looking all these jokers on the road i feel its safer to use a public transport
Old 31st July 2007, 15:37   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Golden rule watch their hand, most of the truckers like to signal with thier hand.

appuchan from my experience till now i have learnt that truckers are better compared to bus drivers or auto walla or the two wheeler riders(on hiway!). whenever i overtake i ensure (horn ) that they know my intention (to overtake) and i overtake only if i get to see thier signal, many a times they have saved me by warning about the on coming traffic.
Very true for most of the NP (National Permit) long distance lorries.
Old 31st July 2007, 17:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Last night , heavy rains and hosur road at Bommanahalli junction(near Gold Hill Square) is chok a block with traffic.

Traffic never moved an inch for close 20-25 mins. Road is so jam packed that you actually cant even cross the road.

Find a retard(cabbie), parked his indica perpendicular to the road in an attempt to climb onto the service road .

The front wheels have cleared the concrete slabs covering the storm water drain. Rear wheels dont seem to clear coz the slab is atleast 6 inches higher than the main road.

Wish I had a tank or something on the same lines to bomb his cab and clear way for the other vehicles behind him .

Seasoned maniac !!

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 31st July 2007 at 17:50.
Old 31st July 2007, 20:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

If i was there, i would have taken the help of a few others like me & lifted the cab's backside & hurled it.
Old 31st July 2007, 20:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Without meaning any offence to any of the members' driving ability & knowledge, when I learnt my driving way back in '76, apart from several other things one thing that was drilled into day-in and day-out was to keep a minimum distance of 15 mtrs between the vehicles.

I've very diligently tried to follow that dictum till date.
Old 31st July 2007, 20:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Without meaning any offence to any of the members' driving ability & knowledge, when I learnt my driving way back in '76, apart from several other things one thing that was drilled into day-in and day-out was to keep a minimum distance of 15 mtrs between the vehicles.

I've very diligently tried to follow that dictum till date.
If you can manage to do that in a current day city, you can call yourself a billionaire. City space is so precious.
Old 31st July 2007, 21:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
If you can manage to do that in a current day city, you can call yourself a billionaire. City space is so precious.
Exactly !! I would say come down south someday and drive around in Bangy or chennai. People generally go back semi-psyched(pun intended).

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 31st July 2007 at 21:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks