Team-BHP - Got nailed!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Got nailed! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/24796-got-nailed-2.html)

@MCL - same is the case in Cal. i havent spotted anyone with speed guns specially where speeding is common.

speed guns are there. 4 yrs back on Sirsi circle flyover. Ask v1p3r he will know.

Got caught on the flyover once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 458360)
Not necessarily, hefty fines is ridiculous!
Tell me, how many of us will pay Rs.900 for overspeeding like what Suman did today?
Atleast I will thing twice or maybe thrice before coughing up Rs.900, but if it was Rs.300, I would happily pay Rs.300 & taken the challan (reciept) from those greedy cops!

If you dont want to pay the fine dont overspeed. The idea of the fine is not to be affordable. It is done to punish a person so they don't do it again. Once the fine is heavy people will think twice committing the offence and in turn paying up. If it's a small fine drivers dont mind paying and doing it again. I've got caught a few times but have insisted on a challan and never bribed them.

The problem is the way they handle the situation. Like in Suman's case they spoke rudely, and could have let him go with a warning or something.

In Tsk's case its even worst 1-2kmph. They should allow a buffer then slap the fine.

i was stripped off 400 bucks on a sunday morning about a year or so back. Chennai has this STUPID 40kmph rule everywhere!!! Who in their right minds would do 40kmph on a sunday morning on a 100ft road with no traffic?!

anyway i was driving my friends optra.... i didnt want any trouble.... so i just paid up and walked away. i heard those cheeky B**TARDS say - "look at him casually walking away after paying the fine........fathers money thts why" !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 458373)
speed guns are there. 4 yrs back on Sirsi circle flyover. Ask v1p3r he will know.

Got caught on the flyover once.

Yes speed guns are there in bangalore, was doing some 80 kmph + on the south end road , a cop flagged me with his hand ,a constable was having the speed gun on a tripod :p , i just zoomed past ,ignoring him. I guess cops are lazy to carry them around .

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 458375)
If you dont want to pay the fine dont overspeed. The idea of the fine is not to be affordable. It is done to punish a person so they don't do it again. Once the fine is heavy people will think twice committing the offence and in turn paying up. If it's a small fine drivers dont mind paying and doing it again. I've got caught a few times but have insisted on a challan and never bribed them.

Very true!

If the punishment was jail instead of fine, one would think zillionth time before pressing the pedal in speed-restricted zone. This, of course, assuming that the law gets enforced strictly and fairly, which rarely is the case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135 (Post 458525)
If the punishment was jail instead of fine, one would think zillionth time before pressing the pedal in speed-restricted zone. This, of course, assuming that the law gets enforced strictly and fairly, which rarely is the case.

RX, no-one breaks the law deliberatly, but if someone overspeeds as he is unaware of speed restrictions on that road, would you send him to jail?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 458276)
I got fined 400rs long time back for doing 82kmph, in a 80kmph zone, beat that.
I was doing 130, saw these guys, and after a quick look in the rear view mirror sat on the brakes, smoking the tires all the way till the radar van, and hearing the loudspeaker chap cheerfully announcing "82".
No use arguing. Maximum fine at that time was 400rs, instead of 900 now, and maximum is what they charge, whether you do 51 in a 50kmph zone or you do 151 in a 20kmph zone.

130 on DND at what time. I think 80 KM speed limit is ok there. Why to cross it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 458364)
I dont think cops in bangalore are out yet with speed guns? Haven't seen them around.

Coming soon my little man. All the better to catch YOU with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 458541)
Coming soon my little man. All the better to catch YOU with.

My revvlimiter is 3000. Why will cops catch this poor soul. My motto is "Slow & Steady Wins the Race". Besides my car is a sleeper. lol:

Are there any speed "traps" in Pune?

I have seen cops here carry a lathi.. nothing more :)

got nailed once on Mount road, chennai at 7am. i clocked 118kmph on the cops speed gun, he was at a loss of words. speed limit was 40kmph i think.

Tanveer, what was your Cobra doing? Nicely curled up after a big bowl of milk?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 458276)
I got fined 400rs long time back for doing 82kmph, in a 80kmph zone, beat that.
I was doing 130, saw these guys, and after a quick look in the rear view mirror sat on the brakes, smoking the tires all the way till the radar van, and hearing the loudspeaker chap cheerfully announcing "82".
No use arguing. Maximum fine at that time was 400rs, instead of 900 now, and maximum is what they charge, whether you do 51 in a 50kmph zone or you do 151 in a 20kmph zone.

Suman- Forgot to mention that when I read the title of your thread it reminded me of the other kind of nailing that usually happens between two people :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 458625)
Tanveer, what was your Cobra doing? Nicely curled up after a big bowl of milk?

rl:

Dont they have an instalment scheme