Team-BHP - Got nailed!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Got nailed! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/24796-got-nailed-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 459112)

On a similar note, a few weeks ago I was fined Rs. 1100 for using a mobile while driving and this was with a bluetooth headset.

Sorry for going OT, but isnt wearing a hands-free headset legal?

No with a capital N. The law clearly bans mobile coversation in whatever manner while driving. The moving vehicle has to be brough to a stationery position to make or take a call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballkey (Post 460805)
Sorry for going OT, but isnt wearing a hands-free headset legal?

Speaking over the phone is illegal, no matter how you speak. The hands are not as important as your mind while you drive. that is why the law.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 459112)

I got a receipt for the fine and had no issues paying the fine - I violated the law and paid for it.

Majority of these receipts are fake one's at Chennai.

Come again...you mean another Telgi scandal happening

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise (Post 460892)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 458309)
But how did they realize that it is 67 and not 66... I mean how do they measure????

Abhi

Try giving them a lesson on odo error......lol: Sirji mere to tyre ka size different hai that is why mujhe to pata hi nahin chala - mere meter mein to 55 kmph aa raha tha..........he he he he he:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise (Post 460892)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 460909)
Come again...you mean another Telgi scandal happening

Yeah, seriously surprise , how do you know this for sure, i am pretty much interested as all the others, this being a tall claim. have you had such an experience & if so what did you do ?

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu / Chennai News : Chennai safest among metros: Police chief

Quote:

Asked about the issuance of fake challans by the Traffic police personnel, Mr. Nataraj said he learnt about it through the media
Even before it hit the media, I came to know about two other sources. They have both the original and fake ones & insert these fake one's to pocket those amounts. Later those fake duplicate & triplicate copies will be tharshed by them.

So, assuming what was quoted in an article from 2005 is still valid, how do I, as a good citizen, find out if my fine went into the Government treasury?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 461347)
So, assuming what was quoted in an article from 2005 is still valid, how do I, as a good citizen, find out if my fine went into the Government treasury?

There was a flash about this in 2005. They raided few printing press, trasferred few higher ups just to show off they wiped everything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsepower (Post 459820)
I have seen so many times these policemen driving there old rickety gypies without seatbelts and riding 2 wheeler's without helmets. I guess we should also stop and call traffic police to challan them over there or take their pictures and mail them on the forum and to the local newspaper's.

Guess, it may help in teaching them a lesson.

This was already done in bangalore, someone sent a police guy without helmet picture to the media, they printed it (number was clearly visible), next day they posted a reply from the traffic police dept that the vehicle was traced and challan given to him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 460815)
No with a capital N. The law clearly bans mobile coversation in whatever manner while driving. The moving vehicle has to be brough to a stationery position to make or take a call.

What if I use it to listen music from my laptop/Ipod, I can always configure the HF BT to do that ???

although this might come as a good excuse in hand, but difficult to make them understand the technology.:Frustrati

There are ways to circumvent all these, what with technological advances happening everywhere and every field.

Since I get dime a dozen calls on my mobile, I invested in a NOKIA CK-1W bluetooth handsfree kit and now blabber away to glory. Even if the door is opened by a cop to peep, the installation is such that he/she won't be able to make out.

Nokia - Gallery - Accessories

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 461423)
What if I use it to listen music from my laptop/Ipod, I can always configure the HF BT to do that ???

although this might come as a good excuse in hand, but difficult to make them understand the technology.:Frustrati

Even i was fined for driving at 65kmph in 50kmph zone on empty road on a summer afternoon last,was charged 400bucks,very dissppointed considering 65kmph is not a unsafe speed and neither it should be regarded as rash driving.

In Chennai, they don't use speedguns.
The cop will jump in front of you and will tell you his subjective opinion of his speed.

The Marina stretch in the morning, and of late, the IT expressway corrdior from Tidel Park to Madhya Kailash are the favorite hunting ground for them
Got nailed twice in the last 2 months for doing a perfectly safe and sane 80 on a perfectly vacant 6 lane road :(

And the irony is that all sorts of errant bikers and rash MTC bus drivers zip away scot free on Mount road (the main thoroughfare) 24X7 right in front of the cops....