Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2022, 21:58   #46
BHPian

re: Are VIPs exempt from following traffic rules on Indian roads?

Take it easy man.

It's not worth your time. Let them pass. You're all gonna be stuck in the same traffic anyway.

A patrol car cut me off twice while maintaining my lane , i just told myself he's on duty and must be given priority to enable him to be more efficient

That said, don't let them take advantage either, a patrol car hit me while I was on a scooter. He overtook me quite dangerously. Innova with bull bars and all. Did everything I could without getting physical.

What I'm trying to say is , pick your battles.

We live to drive man, let's just enjoy the drive. These idiots will be screwed some day later.
viXit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 00:37   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
We cannot compare politicians from New Zealand or Western Europe to our babus. They are in peaceful countries with no threat to their person. All they have to do is their job in a public office.
Sir, salute to your writing skills.

I have zero knowledge about politicians' drivers but in the govt, the messier the driver, the more reckless he drives and waves hands at public the more macho he is touted to be and they feel proud about it. He also feels like his birth on planet earth, has fulfilled its function. In my experience, I have not found any driver who knows proper rules, proper technological know how about his vehicle or anything closely related to sanity. They work as per the 'atmosphere' surrounding them, hence the arrogances on the roads.
Old 17th March 2022, 07:31   #48
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
but one on VVIP culture. People worried about VVIP kin without number plates, just look at this 'number plate'!
Mr. Gandhi (MLA) is a law-abiding man. I have my doubts about the post's legitimacy.

However, in the southern parts of TN, I've seen numerous extra brass metal plates on their Scorpios that say "Chairman, Councillor, Director, etc." It goes without saying that they follow all driving laws.

In the late 2000s, I met Shri Sunil Kumar, the Traffic ADGP, he concurred, saying, "On the road, everyone is equal, and none of this should be encouraged." However, traffic cops can only do so much in the face of political power.
Old 17th March 2022, 08:07   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Are VIPs exempt from following traffic rules on Indian roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Why do we tolerate politicians behaving like this? What gives them the right to break traffic rules, and why is their time more valuable than ours?
And here, an actor was asked to report to the police station or was caught by the police as he drove his BMW SUV with the DRL's behind a minister's convoy. Police thought he deliberately switched on the headlights and drove behind he minister's car. He had one hard time explaining about the DRL's.

You should be lucky that they didn't do anything worse.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 09:39   #50
BHPian

Please check the motor vehicle act and regulations, you may be able to contest the challan. Well done by taking the picture and sharing this.
Old 17th March 2022, 09:59   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Police thought he deliberately switched on the headlights and drove behind he minister's car. He had one hard time explaining about the DRL's.
Even if he did switch on his lights deliberately and drove behind the convoy, how is that wrong. Is there a law that says you are not allowed to do it ? This is bizarre to say the least.
Old 18th March 2022, 08:49   #52

In reality the ZAMINDARI system is very much in fashion. Illiterate netas,who spit around, break rules and bully their way through are always favoured by cops who hang around for favours.

The odd cop who tries to enforce the rule of law is dealt with severely. This happens across all parties without exception. So when BJP blames congress or SP and vice versa, it's just playing to the galleries.

Once behind closed doors, they all mock the aam admi and give themselves a pat on the back and a hefty salary raise.

Mod note:
Your post is very poorly constructed, and is an eyesore to read.
- Use CAPITAL letters where required.
- Use the right punctuation.
- Use spaces properly (between sentences as well as paragraphs).

These steps would go a long way in making your posts pleasurable to read for all of us (members & guests included).

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th March 2022 at 11:13.
aeroa320 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th March 2022, 10:42   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

"Goa: Cortalim MLA arrives at assembly complex on scooter, creates flutter"

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/90237040.cms

"Cortalim independent MLA Antonio Vas arrived on a two-wheeler for the oath of affirmation on Tuesday, much to the surprise of security personnel and others gathered at the Goa legislative assembly complex. Vas, who owns a car, said he prefers to travel on a two-wheeler because traffic jams are a common occurrence in his constituency."
------------------------------------------------------

Let's hope he uses his power to clear the traffic jams, since they affect him too.

Perhaps this is the solution, elected reps should travel like the common folk once in a while, so they understand what they go through. Legend has it that some kings in ancient times used to walk around incognito to see what the living conditions were for their subjects. Seems like a good idea!
Old 19th March 2022, 12:25   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pics of Weird, Wacky & Funny stickers / badges on cars / bikes

Saw in this link to a weird number plate on a bike reading "Grandson of a Nagercoil MLA Shri M. R. Gandhi." The news clarifies that Sh Gandhi who prefers dhoti-kurta is indeed an MLA, but goes to the Assembly without footwear and is not married. He is 73 years old, has won the assembly elections in 2021, after getting defeated six times since 1980.

Quote:

A photo of a young man sitting on a bike with the number plate reading “Grandson of Nagercoil MLA MR Gandhi" is doing the rounds on social media, triggering controversy.

In this context, while inquiring about the identity of the young man who was rumoured to be MR Gandhi’s grandson (who has not even married to dedicate himself to party work), it has come to light that Amrish is the son of MR Gandhi’s aide, Kannan. Amrish has been roaming the city on his bike with “Grandson of Nagercoil MLA MR Gandhi" on the number plate of his bike.

However, MR Gandhi himself has a different affection for Kannan and his family. When party members were asked about the matter, they claimed that as a symbol of gratitude and affection, Amrish wrote the way on his bike.
The link:

https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/tam...e-4882511.html
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 20:24   #55
BHPian

I can live with real VVIPs pushing us around and aggressively overtaking on highways, a PM/CM/minister's few mins is surely more valuable than mine. What I cant stand is that even the lowest rung on party workers will stick on flag or a symbol and then act like he owns the road. Most of these types are driving around white cars, most common ones are Innovas and Fortuners and Scorpios. Cant say they are all politicians, these are mostly goons of varying order and probably may be associated with some politician. Principles aside its best to stay clear for our own good.
anand.shankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 21:55   #56

This situation is much worse in U.P/Haryana I believe. Not generalizing and making assumptions of off what I see on Instagram/YouTube,but every other Fortuner/Endeavour reel/clip that I watch involves a young dude,flashing police lights and sirens/hooters,while over-speeding in their white SUV(tinted windows,always). And what do all these cars have in common? A party flag on the bonnet and a red plate that says "ADHYAKSH" or the name of some local legislative council post.
Toshi_A is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 00:06   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshi_A View Post
This situation is much worse in U.P/Haryana I believe. Not generalizing and making assumptions of off what I see on Instagram/YouTube,but every other Fortuner/Endeavour reel/clip that I watch involves a young dude,flashing police lights and sirens/hooters,while over-speeding in their white SUV(tinted windows,always). And what do all these cars have in common? A party flag on the bonnet and a red plate that says "ADHYAKSH" or the name of some local legislative council post.
I have seen those. Best is to block them or dislike, so they don't spread the menace both offline and online.

Last edited by aerohit : 25th March 2022 at 00:19.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 23:30   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Now this news again exposes the high handedness of our VIP culture and the devil may care attitude of the security cordon personnel around the VIP. A Toyota Innova in Andhra Pradesh was seized illegally for the AP, CM's convoy duty leaving its occupants stranded midway. The family was travelling to Tirupati in their Innova and in Ongole town in Prakasam dist a home guard and a RTO, AMVI based in Ongole asked for the car keys at 11 pm in the night on 20/04/22 while the family had halted for dinner. The two stubborn persons in uniform were unyielding despite pleas by the owner who with his Mrs, another woman and two children were left stranded. They were lucky and were not confronted by history sheeters who could have made their day seeing the stranded and hapless family.

The CM came to know about this incident on 21/04/22 morning and the adverse publicity it was generating. He intervened and suspended the two delinquent officials the same day doing damage control.

Needless to say, the family was deprived of their car and faced stubborn, delinquent and law breaking men in uniform. The victimised family managed to retreat and reach their hometown Vinukonda (Guntur dist) from Ongole, in a friend's car later that night.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...ource=inshorts

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 22nd April 2022 at 23:32.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 12:43   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Some good news for a change:

https://www.ndtv.com/bangalore-news/...dtv_topstories

"She allegedly told the policemen who she was; however, the policemen ignored her threat."

"She was made to pay fine, sources said."

Hope the cops make more examples of such people and the media highlights it.

Last edited by am1m : 10th June 2022 at 12:45.
am1m is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 13:56   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Some good news for a change:

https://www.ndtv.com/bangalore-news/...dtv_topstories

"She allegedly told the policemen who she was; however, the policemen ignored her threat."

"She was made to pay fine, sources said."

Hope the cops make more examples of such people and the media highlights it.
10k is chump change for these people.
But, getting it out of them is such a joy. These Entitled kids needs to be punished severely to set an example. I wish he had impounded her vehicle and make her do rounds of police station. Wishful thinking but I hope this happens someday.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th June 2022 at 15:14. Reason: Guess you meant punished there and not published.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks