Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 18:05   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
1. I have driven a Scorpio from Bangalore to Tirupur.. I know how it handles.. I am not making baseless statements..

2. I did not know that you drove the Safari..

Godfather
1,, Your statement was scorpio topples at >40 kmph. , before you can say safe.and that is a baseless statement.Did you drive all the way to tirupur with a maximum speed of 40 KMph in a scorpio ? must be one very long drive. And if you did exceed 40 Kmph . how many times did you topple and turn turtle before reaching tirupur?

2. But I know you do. thats why Safaris do not turtle at any speed , any corner , anywhere,. unlike scorpios which tend to rock and roll in extreme situations , like all suvs do, Except Safari. visit SUV ROLLOVER- Information and News on SUV Rollovers to know more.

Last edited by w 12 : 23rd June 2007 at 18:20.
Old 23rd June 2007, 19:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
1,, Your statement was scorpio topples at >40 kmph. , before you can say safe.and that is a baseless statement.Did you drive all the way to tirupur with a maximum speed of 40 KMph in a scorpio ? must be one very long drive. And if you did exceed 40 Kmph . how many times did you topple and turn turtle before reaching tirupur?
Thanks for the link but i dont need a report to tell me certain stuff.
Peace man..

I did touch a 100.. and those were the scariest moments of my life.. The other being getting married and sitting in front in a blown baleno with Stuart driving.

I am not a brain dead moron to topple a vehicle.. I know the limits i can push certain cars..

Godfather
Old 23rd June 2007, 19:55   #33
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
how come sir....what is the reason...
Posting from mobile. Laptop under repair. Less grippy tyres could make vehicle skid without toppling. More grippy tyres (without increasing track) will prevent skid and could induce toppling, say, upon hard cornering, if there are other faults (eg. suspension).
Old 24th June 2007, 12:28   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

No vehicle on this planet is absolutely safe.SUV are more prone to topple but that does not mean that scorpio or safari are very poor handlers,though they are not the best handlers arounds but they are pretty safe if driven with caution.

SUV's should never be pushed like sedans,changeover from sedans to SUV's takes some time to get used to.

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th June 2007 at 12:30. Reason: spell
Old 25th June 2007, 00:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

^^Unless the SUV is a Porsche Cayenne S Turbo .
Old 25th June 2007, 00:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Posting from mobile. Laptop under repair. Less grippy tyres could make vehicle skid without toppling. More grippy tyres (without increasing track) will prevent skid and could induce toppling, say, upon hard cornering, if there are other faults (eg. suspension).
Wil be wating for a detailed answer when Laptop returns...
Old 25th June 2007, 01:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Porsche Cayenne? I'd go for a Psych'd Safari.

w_12, NIP, why don't you guys get some suspension work done on your Scorps? Maybe you could really throw them around like Steer and his steed.

Last edited by v1p3r : 25th June 2007 at 01:15.
Old 25th June 2007, 14:51   #38
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Porsche Cayenne? I'd go for a Psych'd Safari.

w_12, NIP, why don't you guys get some suspension work done on your Scorps? Maybe you could really throw them around like Steer and his steed.
for 'throwing it around' i have a car. my scorpio is is strictly for weekend getaways and taking it off the road, which it does beautifully. but what the heck...to everyone his own...
Old 25th June 2007, 16:33   #39
BHPian

guys, i have experienced the Scorpio ride, it is really very very scary and very bumpy, ofcource this car was not the new one one with upgraded suspension but still, i was never so afraid to have a ride on any vehical. This was during my visit to Himachal in last week. During every turn i was feeling that this is my last turn, althought the speed is not more than 50 at the road sdoes not permot more than that.
Old 25th June 2007, 17:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Fatter rubber will increase track and make vehicle less prone to toppling. If vehicle is top heavy, grippier tyres could make it more prone to toppling. Take care.

Sorry i do not agree with that statement - on the contrary the wider road contact patch would keep the car planted on the road. I have a Scorpio which has wide tyres 265/15 ithink & I feel the car is fairly well planted.
Old 25th June 2007, 18:36   #41
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Sorry i do not agree with that statement - on the contrary the wider road contact patch would keep the car planted on the road. I have a Scorpio which has wide tyres 265/15 ithink & I feel the car is fairly well planted.
Wider tyres will increase track of the vehicle (i.e., roughly, the width of the vehicle divided by the height of its CG). This, and not the increased grip, makes the vehicle less prone to toppling at a given cornering speed. Increased grip will give you a planted feel and may tempt you to take corners at higher speeds. But grip does not guarantee against toppling and could in fact aid it in a faulty top heavy vehicle. Will post more details when my laptop becomes available. Throw a pair of dice on an icy surface and they may go sliding without rolling over. Throw them on a grippy surface and they may go rolling instead of sliding.
Old 26th June 2007, 21:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

Or a fully loaded Hummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^Unless the SUV is a Porsche Cayenne S Turbo .
Old 26th June 2007, 22:15   #43
BHPian

Have heard many times about scary suspension of scorpio but have not actually driven it ,it could be driver error or 3 rd party error also The most common kind in our country
Old 26th June 2007, 22:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
but still, i was never so afraid to have a ride on any vehical. During every turn i was feeling that this is my last turn, althought the speed is not more than 50 at the road sdoes not permot more than that.
And you still drove the vehicle knowing that this could be your last turn. amazing bravery, i must commend you on that. I do hope you are aware that one of our own members took this same dangerous scorpio for the himalayan raid & came up tops for the reliability category, dont you ?
Old 26th June 2007, 22:45   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
guys, i have experienced the Scorpio ride, it is really very very scary and very bumpy, ofcource this car was not the new one one with upgraded suspension but still, i was never so afraid to have a ride on any vehical. This was during my visit to Himachal in last week. During every turn i was feeling that this is my last turn, althought the speed is not more than 50 at the road sdoes not permot more than that.
Did the Scorpio u rode had oval tyres??

Try to Push a Tata Sumo or a Mahindra Bolero(sumo for the scary body roll and bolero for the scary powered steering)and you'll know what the word scary means.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks