Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2022, 23:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta gets stuck on Goa beach; Driver arrested

Saltwater in the engine, hopefully. Serves them right.
driver52001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 23:31   #17
BHPian

Is there an extended video of this one? Especially the part where sea water is crashing on to the engine bay. Will use that to put myself to sleep peacefully.

Instant karma at its finest.
vj_torqueaddict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 23:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

I guess that's what happens when you equip 2WD cars with sand, gravel, etc terrain modes and clowns get behind the wheel.
landcruiser123 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 06:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSarkar1 View Post

Penalties should definitely help deter such behaviour in the future but the government should ensure that there is adequate signage available in order to stop this from becoming another money making scheme for corrupt officers. In people yet choose to break rules while there is an obvious sign in place then they deserve to get fined.
Yup. Off-topic, but one day I parked right in front of a "paid parking" sign after turning off the main road (literally inches from my car's front left door), but I came back to see the wheels locked. Apparently there was a sign somewhere else down the (main) road that said no parking for 100m. Blatantly misleading but it is what it is. Paid the guy 200 rupees for no fault of my own, and I'll bet that the "paid parking" sign is still there.
rkv_2401 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 07:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
It's illegal to drive on the beaches in Goa.
It's illegal on beaches all over India.

Quote:
That being said, it is good to see the authorities proactively taking action against people causing harm to the environment.
People have been posting videos and photos of tourists doing all sort of things. Some time back there was a photo of a tourist riding a bike with a girl sitting on the tank facing him. Cops traced the guy and booked him. The locals for a while now have been really irritated by the way some of the tourists are a menace on the roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
I really wish our government adopts a zero tolerance approach towards abuse of public property.
True. It is required.

Quote:
And then maybe in a generation or two, things might improve
I'm not so confident of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The Goa government's concern to preserve such serene spots is highly appreciable. The lawbreaker Dayal has been booked under relevant sections of the IPC.

It is also suggested that the Goa government amend its State Environment Conservation Act. Herein, for such environmentally and ecologically destructive, unlawful acts a fine of Rs 500,000=00 (not up to but a full Rs 5 lakhs as if its up to, the judiciary has liberties) needs to be imposed in addition to the punishments imposed under the IPC sections. And with the funds generated maintenance and upkeep of the beach will get a boost. Signboards need to be put in all such eco-sensitive locations enlisting the illegal activities that could come under the lens and the fines payable.

Outlaws will get the lessons of their lives.
I think I should forward this post to the Tourism Minister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloneatma View Post
Clowns like these are found dime a dozen on our roads. This time it was on a beach. The driver's license needs to be blocked for a year. Indian drivers or riders are rarely penalised in accordance to their reckless driving.
This is a menace everywhere in India. I really don't know when people will learn to Ride/Drive in a civilized way. Honking is another menace.

Quote:
This is a rare instance where the infringement has been penalised. I have seen tourists drink and drive in Goa with disdain. Lately though, the authorities in Goa have taken cognizance of the infractions and started to crack the whip. Speed guns on all approach roads to Goa for instance.
It's been happening for a while. Police have stepped it up a bit after 2 policemen were killed by a speeding car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_torqueaddict View Post
Is there an extended video of this one? Especially the part where sea water is crashing on to the engine bay. Will use that to put myself to sleep peacefully.
Instant karma at its finest.
There are a lot of videos shot from different angles of this incident.
pedrolourenco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 07:20   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
In Muzhappilangad beach, near Kannur, Kerala, it is perfectly legal to drive your personal vehicle along the shore.

It’s a different story that the salt water will wreck the car thereafter.
Gannu_1 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 07:33   #22
BHPian

How did this joker manage to get onto the beach in the first place. In quite a lot of places I have seen bollards put up on the access road which leads to the beach.

With the popularity of 4WD vehicles on the rise, the Govt should really consider developing beaches specifically reserved for vehicles only. I doubt they give a fig about sport and off roading, but as long as there is tickets and revenue involved, they just might be inclined enough to take it seriously.
RedTerrano is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 08:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Glad he was caught, have seen few people try such stunts at Chennai too, surely a nuisance, but I don't understand the "harm to the environment" part, hasn't anyone seen how much garbage gets washed into the ocean by our polluted rivers?
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 10:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

This video was doing the rounds in WA. I happened to see a diff version of this same video. A lady mocks them ‘Bahubali’ when he tried lifting the car from the rear and she ends the video with ‘Happy Thursday guys’.

Quite likely the guys who did this were drunk and had no idea what they were doing.
Old 19th June 2022, 10:33   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
In Muzhappilangad beach, near Kannur, Kerala, it is perfectly legal to drive your personal vehicle along the shore.
Yes, it is legal to drive on the Muzhappilangad beach. There's a ticketed entry onto the beach. The beach floor itself is very hard and easily drivable but if you park the car near the sea where the waves are hitting, the sea erodes the soil around the wheels slowly which can beach the car.

Clicked 2 days ago when I was there. Saw a yellow plate Etios which was beached and had a tough time getting out
Hyundai Creta gets stuck on Goa beach; Driver arrested-20220617_180446.jpg

I had seen the video of the Creta earlier in the day and was very skeptical all the time I was on the beach.

Last edited by ashis89 : 19th June 2022 at 10:35.
ashis89 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 13:10   #26
BHPian

I also recommend that imbeciles seeking an adrenaline rush on their 4x4s wading into our pristine rivers disturbing whatever little shallow marine ecosystems we have, face such or worse fate. Very easy to take yourself, the machine and friends/family to check 4x4 capabilities, not realizing that slow moving shallow waters are spawning/ breeding places for all kinds of marine and aquatic life.
Before people start yanking bricks on this comment, remember that it does not matter what excuse or perspective you believe in, keep the rubber on the road or create courses to check your vehicle's abilities. Do not disturb the wilderness for your "day of fun".

Last edited by bhargav2015 : 19th June 2022 at 13:13.
bhargav2015 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 16:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargav2015 View Post
I also recommend that imbeciles seeking an adrenaline rush on their 4x4s wading into our pristine rivers disturbing whatever little shallow marine ecosystems we have, face such or worse fate. Very easy to take yourself, the machine and friends/family to check 4x4 capabilities, not realizing that slow moving shallow waters are spawning/ breeding places for all kinds of marine and aquatic life.
Before people start yanking bricks on this comment, remember that it does not matter what excuse or perspective you believe in, keep the rubber on the road or create courses to check your vehicle's abilities. Do not disturb the wilderness for your "day of fun".
I agree to your point 100%. Not just because I am not a 4x4 enthusiast and prefer tarmac all the time, but also because this is accepted in the name of adventure and tourism development. The same tourism department won't bat an eye lid if the locals are benefiting from such activity. Other than disturbing the tiny ecosystem, you also release a bucket load of petroleum pollution in the same stream.
Old 19th June 2022, 22:37   #28
BHPian

Reminds me of an incident from a few months back while we had gone to the Varsoli beach near Alibaug. Some of the locals had an Alto that they had kind of parked on the beach. The car was being driven in and out from the beach area. Not sure if it was planned or just a coincidence but at some point a family in an Innova Crysta came and I think got ideas looking at the Alto and started driving on the beach sand. As expected after a few minutes and a couple of rounds, when they planned to take a U-turn the car got badly stuck in the sinking sand. I had been looking at them from a distance away and had thought a few minutes back itself that this guy is soon going to get stuck. Anyways, it didn't help that he kept trying to accelerate his way out of the sand as the tyres kept sinking deeper. The locals came and for 3000 Rs pulled him out of the sand. After some time another family in a honda city came and was about to get stuck when the father realised and immediately reversed his way out to safety.

Anyways, the point is people need to understand the limitations of a 2WD vehicle, even though the sand looks hard a car parked on the sand or turning or driving over a part where the sand is soft is highly susceptible to get beached. The other thought that I had was that did the locals on purpose keep driving the Alto and kind of lured tourists onto the beach. eg The Innova though looking at the 800 kg alto driving over the sand that even he could drive and the same locals helped him get out.

While I may just be over thinking but definitely the Innova was at fault but at the same time we all need to be aware not get lured into driving on to the sand unless we have a 4WD or are absolutely sure of the location.

Cheers
zadoom is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 13:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

The video is funny. The dude thinks he can pull out the car by tugging on its rear wheel. A couple of dogs watch the antics; it’s quite funny, really.

But on a serious note, he might have been under the influence of alcohol. That doesn’t give him a free pass to do dumbass-ery, but I’m glad he’s imprisoned. The owner of the private vehicle has to be reprimanded too.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 23:56   #30
BHPian

Had Shakespeare seen this, he would have said:

"Him who thinketh of his Creta as an SUV, shall be devoured by the waves!"
Attached Images

Geo_Ipe is offline   (33) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks