Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2022, 10:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta gets stuck on Goa beach; Driver arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
The government should also punish the manufacturers for falsely marketing mere hatchbacks with bigger wheels as "SUVs". Innocent and ignorant customers do get carried away leading to mishaps like these.
This guy will sink a Land Cruiser never mind a Creta, calling lifted hatchbacks as SUVs is funny but even funnier is dudes overestimating their cars.
amol4184 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 10:44   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Yes, it is legal to drive on the Muzhappilangad beach. There's a ticketed entry onto the beach.
Found the ticket itself. Note the warning on it.

Hyundai Creta gets stuck on Goa beach; Driver arrested-20220621_084652.jpg
ashis89 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 11:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

While I felt a little annoyed by looking at the first visuals, the later clips gave me some peace of mind. Good that the car got stuck and will be declared a total loss. I am sure the insurance claim will be outrightly rejected. A car cannot be used for stunts, carrying load (for commercial purpose) or anything apart from moving from point A to point B. I am also surprised that it's a Goan vehicle. I can understands some outsiders play stupid but what's wrong with the locals?
Old 21st June 2022, 11:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
I can understands some outsiders play stupid but what's wrong with the locals?
It's a private rental vehicle. The owner who is a Goan had rented out the vehicle to tourists who got the car totaled. The police is looking to charge the owner also with some penalty. Double whammy for the owner.
Old 21st June 2022, 11:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_2401 View Post
I'll bet that the "paid parking" sign is still there.
They should at-least mention the amount, Rs 200/-, on that “paid parking” sign along with “Add-on: Anti-theft wheel lock service”.

I remember, long time ago, when Bangalore ORR was there. Bangalore traffic police used to hide behind the bushes with their interceptor just after the flyovers. And they loved to issue over-speeding challan to the unsuspecting people instead of the Gravity.
Old 21st June 2022, 12:12   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
I can understands some outsiders play stupid but what's wrong with the locals?
Both locals and tourists are responsible for the degradation and nuisance in Goa and every other part of our country.

Past couple of years, have been spending a few months working from Goa. Was even there during one of the the lockdowns. At one of the popular beaches, we participated in a cleanup that one of the businesses there (run by "outsiders" btw) organizes every few months. A group of us cleaned a section of the beach pretty thoroughly one morning and afternoon. Just a week later, the litter and beer bottles were back! Now this was a time when all beach shacks were shut and travel was severely restricted into the state. So who was littering the place?

This is the case everywhere, even in my hometown Bangalore where we are fond of blaming "outsiders" and "immigrants" for all the city's woes. But that is not the reality.

The issue is not about locals or tourists- the issue is the lack of enforcement of already existing good laws. Local or tourist, rich or poor, the offenders should be penalized heavily and consistently, that is what will make a change happen.

But what happens is the issue gets sidetracked and (like every other issue in the country!) becomes an "us vs. them" thing.

In this particular case, it is good that action was taken and the video is circulating. Hopefully it will serve as a deterrent.

Last edited by am1m : 21st June 2022 at 12:19.
am1m is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 13:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Both locals and tourists are responsible for the degradation and nuisance in Goa and every other part of our country.

This is the case everywhere, even in my hometown Bangalore where we are fond of blaming "outsiders" and "immigrants" for all the city's woes. But that is not the reality.

The issue is not about locals or tourists- the issue is the lack of enforcement of already existing good laws. Local or tourist, rich or poor, the offenders should be penalized heavily and consistently, that is what will make a change happen.

But what happens is the issue gets sidetracked and (like every other issue in the country!) becomes an "us vs. them" thing.

In this particular case, it is good that action was taken and the video is circulating. Hopefully it will serve as a deterrent.
I get your point and totally agree with you too. The penalties have to be heavy with some implications as well (like a police case, cancellation of license etc.). These cases should be dealt with very strictly.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 17:54   #38
BHPian

I think it needs to be taught with imposition to children with destructive tendencies like Dayal ji early in school. "Car to be driven on road. Boat to be rowed on water."
Old 22nd June 2022, 00:53   #39
BHPian

It was actually on the vagator beach. I was there that day and saw this clown from a distance doing this act. At first I thought he was a local and trying to play with his dog as a dog was trying to chase the car while he was speeding it on the beach. I frankly felt that something will surely happen seeing the way he was driving. Good he ended up that way.

Last edited by ramsudhir : 22nd June 2022 at 00:54. Reason: Grammar corrected
ramsudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 07:40   #40
BHPian

Doughnut media posted this guy’s video as a meme
BoJack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:34   #41

This has become the scenario at every tourist site in India. People visit these places without a sense of belongingness and tend to indulge in such nuisance as if they never have to return.
I belong to Himachal Pradesh and for a while, I've been distressed about how badly people have been treating Himachal Pradesh. Tourists visit in huge numbers during the summers and winters and leave no opportunity of littering the roads, vandalising property, littering the waterways with beer cans, bottles, and packets and even go to the extent of taking cars to the sacred waters. Camping sites become dumpsters, people litter all the way to treks and often dispose of the trekking equipment at high altitudes.

Tourism is important but tourists should also share a sense of belongingness to that place and not visit as if they never have to come back again. This Goa incident literally brings to the fore this issue.
piiyush21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 03:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I guess that's what happens when you equip 2WD cars with sand, gravel, etc terrain modes and clowns get behind the wheel.
You bet. Clowns buying cars thinking its an "SUV" dont realise that these cars are not SUV's just because their advertisement says so

We see many people buying simple hatchback on stilts claiming its an SUV!!
Old 23rd June 2022, 03:41   #43
BHPian

Even if the manufacturer claims it to be an SUV or whatsoever, the 'SUV' should not do this. Good act by the lawmakers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks