Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2007, 10:23   #16
Team-BHP Support

HP, thats a nasty damage. I remember Ram having a similar bang on his Maruti 800. He had put pictures explaining the details but the pics are missing. Check this thread out for recommendations C-Pillar damage
Old 30th June 2007, 11:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ouch...that hurts HP. My genuine sympathies with you. How about accompanying me to Meerut Cantt one of these days and bid for a disposal Vijayant?

I've found out that it is perfectly legal to run them as a private vehicle after you remove the turret and replace the tar damaging iron wheels with huge dunlops..

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
I have just got my swift's C pillar damaged. An Idiot servant in a stationary alto opened up the door while I was passing and BANG! . I immediately got down and was amazed to see the extent of damage. I didn't expect anything like it as I was moving at 10-15 km/h.

I was shocked to say anything to anyone present there as nothing could have been done. Sat in my car I moved. I have learned a lesson that there are very few people who use their mind and don't ever expect a servant to use his commensense coz years of taking orders makes them completely forget that they have something up their in their head. So its better to peak inside people's car and watch if any idiot is trying to open up a door while you are passing.

I am too disturbed to write more as it is a new car( Not Anymore). Will be giving it to Apra Motors,Gurgaon for repair first thing in the morning' It will take around 4-5 days for it to be delivered.
I need some advice guys.

As you can see in the first picture the red rectangle marks the small dent on the door. If I want I can get it removed and get the door painted. But I think it is too small and, I don't want to get the whole door painted for such a small dent. Say what guys?
Old 30th June 2007, 11:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am dumbfounded with the amount of damage your car has taken. You should have blasted that idiot. Your no claim bonus etc. etc. is out of the window now.
Old 30th June 2007, 12:27   #19
BHPian

Defintely not the full door. Just touch it up, cos that way you still retain 90 % of the orginal finish. Sorry for your loss ! The same thing happened with my 1 week old Honda. It hurts man. But like they say the first ding always hurts the most. I am a vetern now .

Cheers Man !
Old 30th June 2007, 17:51   #20
BHPian

Thanks for your support guys.

GD1418 would definately like to accompany you and buy one vijayant and then will see who open's up his door blindly. Bloody whole car will be crap if someone does it and I will ask him to " get the insurance claim B******".

I gave my car for repair today. It was a sad moment as they will rip her from inside and repair. I am still apprehensive about the fit and finish from inside as well as outside. It will be really irritating if there is some squek or rattle. Though supervisor assured me that it will as good as new one. He said all the processes carried out have been set up by Maruti and no need to worry. They will return the car on 4th July. Till then I keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:18   #21
BHPian

Sorry to see the damage on your Swift. I also own a Silver one.
The metal used for Swift is of very bad quality. On a Swift in motion, even a small impact leaves so much damage. I have lot of scratches and dents mostly on rear side, bec. of various impacts due to two wheelers etc. grazing the vehicle.
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

man, thats terrible HP. but as they say - it could have been a lot worse. hope the car comes back as good as new.
Old 2nd July 2007, 18:26   #23
BHPian

*Ouch* that hurts to even look at it.

HP I just remembered that you got your car changed due to a small abrasion of paint on the bumper. I can now imagine the GM of the dealership saying to himself, "Serves you right" and smiling. But seriously, you should have taken the owner to task. He should be paying for this from his own pocket for keeping such 'Supandi' as his servant.
Old 2nd July 2007, 18:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Metal used on Swift is like fibre metal I feel its mainly because of get good FE figures because already Swift is heavy car (chassis). If they manufacture Swift with heavy metal sheet FE would have been bit less, to keep all these points in mind they designed Swift with that kinda body, I read If any minor damage to swift's body would cost more to repair compared with other cars.

Since it has airbag and ABS its safe hatch.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:00   #25
BHPian

Thanks for the concern guys, really appreciate it. Guys asked the service advisor about the estimate, he said new panel is for 6k and rest labour and paint. I guess it will be close to 12k. I am getting the car on 4th evening.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks