Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 13:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
yup forum is the first mall in bangalore and has multiplex in it and created a very chocoblock jn at koramangala.
Ok, now i get it. I know this place, it was being built up back in 2002.
Old 11th July 2007, 13:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
uncultured brutes abound everywhere, but bangalore is surely not the place to find the worst of them.

guess we've got to thank our stars bangalore's not deteriorated to that extent, and get going to work!
well, i wont whole heartedly agree to that either! An incident comes to mind which involved a cabbie and an unfortunate female employee of a software company in Bangalore. Filth exists everywhere, even in Bangalore.
Old 11th July 2007, 13:34   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
well, i wont whole heartedly agree to that either! An incident comes to mind which involved a cabbie and an unfortunate female employee of a software company in Bangalore. Filth exists everywhere, even in Bangalore.
Infact she is a member here too, by the name of wheeliej.
Old 11th July 2007, 13:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Ok, now i get it. I know this place, it was being built up back in 2002.
No it started operation from 2004...

Abhi
Old 11th July 2007, 13:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Infact she is a member here too, by the name of wheeliej.
No dude, that female was not lucky enough to survive the incident. It was widely reported in all the newspapers too...
Old 11th July 2007, 13:41   #51
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
No dude, that female was not lucky enough to survive the incident. It was widely reported in all the newspapers too...
. *The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 20 characters.*
Old 11th July 2007, 13:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
No it started operation from 2004...

Abhi
Abhi please read e_l 's post properly. He said construction started in 2002.
Old 11th July 2007, 13:49   #53
BHPian

Quote:
i have followed that particular thread with disgust. if i appear to say filth of the worst kind doesn't exist in bangalore, i am misunderstood.

someone wondered why these things happen only in bangalore, to which a sensible reasoning was given. after that, you yourself pointed that bangalore cabbies are NOT the worst of the lot. it's a generalisation that is perhaps beyond argument. as a people, there are far more violent and quarrelsome communities elsewhere, and that's what i had whole-heartedly agreed to.

exceptions might be found aplenty, because things are getting from bad to worse here in bangalore. i agree with both your original remark as well as your rebuttal.

hope it is evident that i am not taking sides. it isn't productive to dwell on which 'people' are bad and which are worse still.
Old 11th July 2007, 13:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only way out for Bangalore's traffic mess is to have a proper, decent public transport system that everyone can use. But the politicians are too busy taking bribes and building their own empires. Rampant corruption at all levels of government is whats eating this place up from the inside.

So, what "action" do you have in mind??
Satyagraha

Guess as a individual i can bring in some decipline on road by following the rules myself, which i do. but as a team(group) we can make a bigger difference. why not have a [FONT=&quot]Campaign to educate people?
[/FONT]
Old 11th July 2007, 14:02   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
1. Uh oh! W12 is back again. With talks about locals/non locals etc.

when did I go away , to come back now ? . To set the record straight I RESPONDED to a post which mentioned local AHs, but did not INITIALISE any discussion on the subject. Hope you can see the diference.

2.Also, I don't see a reason why people take such issues personal.

Nobody is .If you are comfortable calling a group of people AHs in general or if you are ok if some one else calls you a AH be my guest. I am not for it but it is a free world.

3, I have friends ranging from different castes/communities/regions etc but never ever do I feel they are any different from me. Infact, I used to have a lot of Northy & Muslim friends compared to Southies or Kannadiga's.

Most of us have friends from diverse backgrounds. and that subject was not under discussion.

4. Don't know why people here tend to get cheezed off at such things.

Whoa..do I need your permission to make a comment now ? and nobody is getting cheezed off. You are free to make your point, and I have freedom to make mine. , as long as we dont get abusive and personal. mods will decide if some one crossses the line.

5.PS: W12 are you remotely related to Vatal Nagaraj? . Just kidding.

I am as close a relative to vatal , as you are to michael schumacher or to shakira. just kidding. Vatals antics are laughable but the underlying cause is not and I have enough sense to differentiate between the two.

PS 2 : Why don't you try and make it to the meet we are having this saturday?
Would have loved to , but travelling out of India starting 13th night. certainly next time.
Old 11th July 2007, 14:11   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Satyagraha

Guess as a individual i can bring in some decipline on road by following the rules myself, which i do. but as a team(group) we can make a bigger difference. why not have a [FONT=&quot]Campaign to educate people?
[/FONT]
hehe... following the rules.. like you wont overtake from left, you will stay within speed limits on highways, you will give way to a vehicle travelling at a higher speed, you will not cross the white line (where it exists) at traffic lights, you will yield to pedestrians, you will wait for pedestrians to finish crossing the road even if your light has turned green, you will keep the prescribed distance between your vehicle and the one in the front.... and so on and so forth?? All the best, mate!

And you really think educating people will help?? I was stuck behind a professional-looking dude who was paying more attention to a phone call than to the road, in the right lane on IRR. He looked pretty darn educated to me!!
Old 11th July 2007, 15:10   #57
Senior - BHPian

Looks can be deceiving at times dear..

Quote:
hehe... following the rules.. He looked pretty darn educated to me!!
Old 11th July 2007, 15:38   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Looks can be deceiving at times dear..
true.. specially in this part of the country, but the other way round. a shabbily dressed person can turn out to be highly educated, but a sharp dressed person will more often than not be a well qualified professional.

Last edited by amitoj : 11th July 2007 at 15:39. Reason: removed "hehe"... i hehe a lot.
Old 11th July 2007, 18:26   #59
Team-BHP Support

looks really dont matter, i think people have got used to doing stupid things on road that, it is slowly becoming a habit to many.

how many of us park on the side (safely) if we need to attend to a GSM call, or atleast use hands free? or cut short the call? I do it 95% of time, rest 5% iam also guilty.

Park proper for that matter, i do coz i know the pain if car is confiscated or worse some ninkampooh damages it.

Thing is education, let me add experience also, has brought the fear in my head that silly things can go wrong and they do go wrong, most of these "educated" crowd dont have the experience to bring that fear into their head, thats all.

My theory for now: Bottom line is fear, either fear of unpleasant happenings to oneself OR Fear of law, these are the only thing that will someway change the scene.

For law atleast hefty fines will be good, with some good cops implementing the same and not abusing it.

In this particular case one version can be, according to indian law am not guilty (not justifying myself), coz the car behind had to keep a safe distance, which he did not (blessing in disguise also coz that would have caused an even severe impact with the momentum) and he should be fined. Will this happen? anybodys guess.

I think in middle east i would have been fined coz i dont know how to hold the car without moving back in an incline :P

Consideration for others, hmm thats something which can add pages of content for the post... just rant.. hope atleast some of us start giving a thought.
Old 11th July 2007, 19:05   #60
BHPian

Quote:
For law atleast hefty fines will be good, with some good cops implementing the same and not abusing it.

Thats a double bind, hefty fines is good and we will have to start a recruiting drive to find good cops as with the present bunch it would be a bonus, heckle the driver and get a bribe. The scene of a cop and rider/driver settling for the bribe amount is commonplace.Guilty of doing the same myself.

Quote:
I think in middle east i would have been fined coz i dont know how to hold the car without moving back in an incline :P
I think the best way to go about it is court fines, hefty fines would keep driver good on the road and court fines would mean no moolah for the traffic mama.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks