Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2008, 20:32   #76
BHPian

bad experience...

This happened a while back, but it seems a good place to narrate this.
Had to catch a flight to Chennai early morning, and somehow we ended up being out all night. Didn't get a wink of sleep, went home, packed up and left for a BIAL Volvo service as I had plenty of time.

The bus stop was some 400 meters away from my place, so I was carrying my luggage and walking, when a City Taxi stops next to me and asks me if I wanted a drop to the airport.

Talking in some broken Kannada that I can manage, he started from Rs. 250 (off-meter of course) since he anyways has to get the empty taxi back to the airport. So whatever money he makes goes into his own pocket.

I haggle with him and he comes down to 150- the same amount one pays for the Volvo.

We take off, from the Sony World showroom on Koramangla 80 ft road, going towards St. Johns Hospital.

I was slowly dozing off when he started to take a right at the Water Tank (St. Johns) junction. I tell him its a one way, so he stops and turns the car back (to the left).

In what I can say a utterly stupid fashion, he manages to misjudge the distance to the drain on the side and gets the right wheel of the cab inside the drain with a loud thud.

I am scared out of my wits. Man I'm gonna miss my flight for sure know.

We both get out and try (now I realise how futile it was) to haul the entire right side of the car out of the drain. The car just budges and settles down again- mocking our efforts.

In 2 or 3 minutes, some call centre cabbies pull over and help pulling the thing out. It took no less than 5 people. (I was standing on the sidelines by now)

Thankfully there was no damage to the oil-pan and all, just a little scuffing on the bumper. I managed to make it in time, paying 150 bucks for a Logan ride. I dont know who issues licenses to drivers like these.
Old 19th December 2008, 10:00   #77
BHPian

Celcabs contact number

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Regardless of that, it would be good to know the number of a good service provider. Appuchan, please do share the number.
This is what I found in their website:

+91-80-23466666

CelCabs - Test Run - Taxis in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Trivandrum

Hope this is the correct number.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks