Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 17:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Small peck that almost lead to Road rage

Ok,

Before I start I admit that whatever happened - did so because of me. I was at fault.

A few days back , I get out of the house and walk down to my car. The weather is cloudy and breezy. The wet smell of earth is heavenly as it had just rained.

I leave for office thats in Vashi. Quite an uneventful drive I must say - listening to Malishka (on 93.5 Red FM) and driving slowly and steadily I reach Vashi. Traffic begins to increase inside of Vashi and I soon reach the bridge (beyond the new Adlabs wala mall) that takes me onto Thane Belapur road.

Flashback - Concreting of the Thane Belapur road has been going on for about a month now. The work is now right at the foot of the flyover. The flyover is 2 laned and one lane from the foot of the flyover is closed for traffic. So all have to get into 1 lane and get onto the Thane Belapur road.Flashback over

Cut to present - Malishka continues to entertain me while I get onto the flyover. As I reach the end of the flyover on the other side, as usual there is a pile up of traffic (2 lanes merging into 1) to get onto the Thane Belapur road.

I am in the left lane and behind me I see a biker on a Pulsar, trying to squeeze in between my car and the car next to me. He is honking away like crazy (short bursts, long bursts, irritated bursts) but the car next to me doesn't budge to give him way. The car to my right is just ahead of me, the car in front of mine is a white zen and he moves a bit ahead and I move a bit left so that the biker can go and come up parallel to the car to my right.

Traffic has stopped moving and curiosity gets the better of me. I turn right and want to have a look at the driver who irritated the biker that much. Surprisingly its a lady and a good looking one at that.

I keep staring at her, all the noise is cut off and I cant hear anything. The lane on my right inches ahead and the lady moves ahead too and my eyes follow her and her car.

Suddenly Malishka says " Red FM , BAJATE RAHO" and I feel a jolt.

I am like what has happened ? Suddenly I realise that traffic in my lane hasn't moved and I have the foot off my brake pedal and my car has rolled down a few centimetres and gone and snuggled into the zen's backside (bumper) very gently. The lady meanwhile has dissapeared.

Now the fun starts. The guy in the zen obviously felt the JOLT. He looked behind, saw it was a Skoda that kissed his backside (his car's). He shut the engine and got down like a true hero wearing sunglaases (on a cloudy day ?? ) , banged the door shut of his zen (ouch) and walks up agrresively to me. I roll down the window and lift up my hand in acknowledgement and say "Sorry Mate". He glowers at me and goes and takes a look at the part where his car got pecked, obviously nothing has happened but he has to make his point na.

Thus starts a conversation between him and me which I reproduce below -

Him (angry) - "Dikhta nahi hai kya:
Me - "Dikhta hai boss, sorry"
Him (glowering) - "Upar chadake sorry bolega kya"
Me - "Upar kidhar chadaya boss, sorry bola na, galti hogaya"
Him - "Pata nahi hai brake marna hai toh, door rakhne ka gaadi"
Me - "Haan aage se dhyaan rakhoonga boss"
Him - "Aisa thodi hota hai, kuch bhi karega..blah...blah..blah"
I (after he had finished) - "Boss - meri galti hai, sorry bola maine, ab kya karun? "

So he leaves, still angry, and gets into his zen and slams the door again (ouch). Starts the car and gives me a look that could kill in his RVM and zooooms off.

A dirty thought enters my mind - it says drive behind him and irritate him but then I forget that and drive slowly to work still smiling.

And yes - Malishka was still going on - "Bajate raho"

Lesson Learnt - Always be calm and smiling in ugly situations. Own up if you are at fault with a smiling face and the situation defuses itself pretty fast.

So as I said at the beginning - I was at fault - the fault being getting distracted by a pretty lady.

ACTUAL Lesson learnt - Women distract men, even on roads and can lead to ugly situations. So guys keep your eyes on the road.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 12th July 2007 at 02:42.
Old 11th July 2007, 18:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good overall narration.

Good lessons learnt, very true, just wanted to add "ride your vehicle and keep your eyes on the road, dont try to ride the women in another vehicle"
Old 11th July 2007, 18:05   #3
Team-BHP Support

He he NC i UNDERSTAND, you were lucky that your car didnt roll backwards and hit a cab just kidding.

Yes keep your calm and be humble as possible, and if someone still pile on you, deal with caution.
Old 11th July 2007, 18:11   #4
BHPian

peck!!!

That was hilarious. Completely agree with you.
Old 11th July 2007, 18:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Great narration dude
Old 11th July 2007, 18:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nice way you handled it, n_c.
And yes, women can distract, but they are not at fault - we are to blame for getting distracted.

P.S. : Looks like the blogging bug got you also.
Old 11th July 2007, 19:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

That was a good one N_C. I hope you did learn your lesson very well & will not let your eyes wander seeing another pretty woman tomorrow. Wait !!! what if you see the same PYT tomorrow, i can't imagine.
Old 11th July 2007, 19:21   #8
BHPian

That is a great narration from NC. I am happy to see the way the argument defused peacefully. Well-handled by NC
Old 11th July 2007, 19:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hehehe..thats kinda amusing..
NC... next time you see a Pulsar on the road.. do look in the opposite direction.. and if the minute you stop at the lights/traffic.. engage the hand brake..

On the other hand you kept your cool,even Mr Zen kept blowing his horn.. that's a really good approach you took..
Old 11th July 2007, 20:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Ha Ha Ha, Nice narration, wonderful conversation!!

When I get back, I will drive behind such a car, driven by a lady!! (And tell her sorry, I was looking at the other lady!!)
Old 11th July 2007, 20:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

When you are stuck in such bumper-to-bumper jams, on top of that distracted by a PYT on a car next to you & then glued to Malishka's voice, it was bound to happen!

Good you raised your hand & apologized, and thus diffused the situation.
Old 11th July 2007, 21:03   #12
BHPian

I must say very handled.. If at all everyone behaves like you (minus the lady shady part ), driving will be a lot more relaxing...
Old 11th July 2007, 21:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

sorry but anyone mind translating this for the odd ppl like me who dont understand the language ?

Quote:
I (after he had finished) - "Boss - meri galti hai, sorry bola maine, ab kya karun? "
Old 11th July 2007, 21:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to guess.
dikhta could be brakes
chadake could probably mean dashing
i dont know the rest.
Old 11th July 2007, 21:47   #15
BHPian

well narrated, cinematic

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Ok,

ACTUAL Lesson learnt - Women distract men, even on roads and can lead to ugly situations. So guys keep your eyes on the road.
I thought you'd propose "pretty women be not allowed to drive or ride a car"

translation for bottle

Him (angry) - "can you not see"
Me - "I can see, sorry boss"
Him (glowering) - "dashed in to my car"
Me - "did not dash in to boss,I said sorry"
Him - "Dont you know to keep distance in case you need to brake"
Me - "Yes, will keep it in mind boss"
Him - "It can not be like this, ......."
I (after he had finished) - "Boss - It was my mistake, said sorry, whats else do I do"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks