Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 14:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

India TV Showing Morons on Bike -Stunts in Traffic - DANGEROUS !!!

I am watching this on India TV as I type, Could not resist getting your comments over this. Show started at 2 and will continue till 2:30 I suppose.

The show is showing a young guy on a Bajaj Discover bike doing stunts on a bike without wearing a helmet in peak time traffic - they claim he has done a 55km run in the city without holding the handle or getting down on the bike. He did the following while stanidng -

- Drank water from a bottle
- talking on mobile phone
- Had a cup of tea ( handed by his moron friends riding alongside )
- reading newspaper.
- more to come maybe !!!

Channel is promoting this news with videos as if this guy is a superhero. Quite disgusting and dangerous I feel. This clip showed Bhopal on top, so the guy is from bhopal I suppose. Is this not risking a lot of lives and having dire consequences ? These channels are now untolerable !!!
BTW music background - Dhoom 2 OST !!!
Old 20th July 2007, 14:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry if these guys are someone you know or perhaps even members of T-BHP !! Just wanted to show the danger involved in doing such stunts, if he wants to show he is a good biker, he can do this on a track or somewhere where there is no traffic.

Kids are going to watch this and imitate.
Old 20th July 2007, 14:22   #3

well recently ive noticed a marked increase in bike ads showing idiots doing wheelies and other crazy stuff which nobody should be trying on open roads.

these ads come with a warning at the bottom of the screen but its so small that you probably need a microscope to read it

its little wonder that all these idiots get inspired and these faltu TV channels just encourage them

is anybody really concerned about these idiotic ads
Old 20th July 2007, 14:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

You are right there bro.On one side they try to act as nation builders and on the other side this.
Old 20th July 2007, 14:45   #5
Team-BHP Support

how did he accelerate for 55kms without holding the handlebar? was one of his friends from alongside accelerating for him?
Old 20th July 2007, 14:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

There was another such incident on ont of the news channels where this person would get his Indica upto a certain speed and then climb out of the car and sit on the roof. He would control the car with his feet and if he needed to brake he would climb back into the car. The news channel made it seem like he was a daredevil and this was the most amazing thing ever, without even once mentioning anything about how dangerous the act was.

India TV is one of the "bad" tv news channels out there. There are a couple of channels that make ordinary thigns into headlines that shouldnt be, I remember some time ago one of these news channels showed how someones wife stormed into her husbands wedding and created a big scene cos he was getting married again. IMO

The good news channels include CNN IBN,Times NOW, NDTV, NDTV Profit,CNBC

The bad ones include Star News, India TV, Zee News(?)

Last edited by khanak : 20th July 2007 at 14:51.
Old 20th July 2007, 14:57   #7
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post

India TV is one of the "bad" tv news channels out there. There are a couple of channels that make ordinary thigns into headlines that shouldnt be, I remember some time ago one of these news channels showed how someones wife stormed into her husbands wedding and created a big scene cos he was getting married again. IMO

The good news channels include CNN IBN,Times NOW, NDTV, NDTV Profit,CNBC

The bad ones include Star News, India TV, Zee News(?)

True that!!

Just watch India TV's everyday Headlines at 9pm, you will what the channel is all about.
Old 20th July 2007, 14:59   #8

Am really shocked at the news man, these media guys can go upto any extent to make sure their news channel is on top, no matter how crazy their news is...
Old 20th July 2007, 15:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

@ akshay - I think it was set at a certain speed - 30 - 40 kph, bike was not slowing down, constantly going - turn on INDIA TV and watch it - they are showing this rite now as Breaking News !!!!! They would continue to do that till they find another breaking news !!

@khanak - Yes i agree with you - this is a drama channel , not a news channel !!
Old 20th July 2007, 18:10   #10
BHPian

Breaking News !!!!! what a joke.Guess the Channel has no other news.

Hellcat
Old 20th July 2007, 20:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

I might be wrong here,so please correct me if need be.

Why does it seem like there's nothing else to report these days? In the US, the media thrives by covering such useless issues such as Paris Holton's arrest, Linday Lohan's DUI, some moron who tried driving from California to NY non-stop (except for fuel)..

The only ones who love reading such things are teenage kids, or people who are totally jobless. It annoys me so much when such worthless characters like Paris Hilton get so much attention,and that becomes national news!!

Same way,i think India's getting into this frenzy to report anything & everything. Agreed,some people do have a talent worth mentioning,but not turning that into 'Breaking news'!!
Old 20th July 2007, 21:44   #12
BHPian

except the paris hilton i agree with you shes a hottie
Old 20th July 2007, 21:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
except the paris hilton i agree with you shes a hottie
hehe...alrighty. She looks good,but I really wish God gave her more than pea-sized brains..
Old 21st July 2007, 00:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

You know there used to be a time when watching news was a 9 PM ritual in all households. Good meaningful news on the 9 pm timeframe, now its lile MAD & CRAZY !! They show stuff like ' chipli ka pyaar ' / ' saadu ka vaishyapan ' & what not !!!

Its ridiculous and irritating now, its more of a soap.

We are only encouraging them more with higher & higher TRP's.

there used to be a time when my parents used to say change the channel when I watched MTV & Star world, now they say change the news channel & put some music as that is more decent. LOL
Old 21st July 2007, 02:36   #15
BHPian

i guess i have seen this already, i have also seen a punjab gang of bikers on india tv, its a club where you get to learn crazy stunt drving.
anybody seen this.
i saw a guy doing a wheelie on a bajaj chetak (serious)
seriously funny donuts in middle of high traffic (what the)

man india tv does go all out the way dont they
i find it sick and very untolerable!

I also remember this drainage water tasted like sweat water near the temple and everyone was drinking it saying its a gift of god remeber that as well. grosed me out

Last edited by xinome : 21st July 2007 at 02:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks