Old 21st July 2007, 04:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I am watching this on India TV as I type
There's a channel called India TV?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikikiki View Post
well recently ive noticed a marked increase in bike ads showing idiots doing wheelies and other crazy stuff which nobody should be trying on open roads.

these ads come with a warning at the bottom of the screen but its so small that you probably need a microscope to read it

its little wonder that all these idiots get inspired and these faltu TV channels just encourage them

is anybody really concerned about these idiotic ads
These ads have a warning, and that's the end of it. Legally, they're safe. It would take someone stupid to not heed the warning and try something, but hey, there's a billion of us, and some of us ain't too bright. Besides, in the ads, they're ALWAYS wearing helmets, and these days, full cover clothing or riding gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
hehe...alrighty. She looks good,but I really wish God gave her more than pea-sized brains..
God's given her millions, and believe you me, she's no pea-brain. She makes millions a year selling her image, while people think she's some dumb blonde.
Old 21st July 2007, 08:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
There's a channel called India TV?!
Yeah !!!! Its a news channel !!!
Old 21st July 2007, 08:37   #18
BHPian

Yes I saw the program too.
While I liked the guy's skills, two things I DID NOT like at all.

1) NO helmets or other protection gear. Neither the rider. Nor his friends.

2) They chose a crowded place to do this. BAD idea.

I still dont understand how the news reporters there EVEN agree to cover them inspite of above two follies.
Old 21st July 2007, 10:10   #19
BHPian

the other day they were showing dog n bear fights in pakistan, showin the clip ten times over again n again, for 30mins!!!!

India TV is a lousy channel, always on the lookout for such cheap publicity
Old 21st July 2007, 11:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
the other day they were showing dog n bear fights in pakistan, showin the clip ten times over again n again, for 30mins!!!!

India TV is a lousy channel, always on the lookout for such cheap publicity
Oh yes ,that was so bad & inumane !! I saw it in the night before going to sleep and could not actually sleep for 2 hrs, it was like watching a horror show !!! Should this not be banned ?

Me being a Animal lover could not watch all this. I think its sick !! Makes me hate these channels.
Old 21st July 2007, 11:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Well, if we don't like India TV, let us stop watching it.
The only thing this thread will contribute to, is increase their TRPs furthur!
Old 21st July 2007, 11:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Well, if we don't like India TV, let us stop watching it.
The only thing this thread will contribute to, is increase their TRPs furthur!
Yes, you are actually very right !!

I was thinking the same, we curse & say things to these channels but the fact is we actually watch it, give so much of time discussing these channels. LOL !!

But I truly feel that someone should do something about these channels showing everything and anything. There should be a Censor Board for News channles also ( Ha Ha, what an Idea !! )
Old 24th July 2007, 18:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Due apologies, but brother, your post reminds me of the genie joke punchline:
"You're old enough to drive and you still watch (junk like) India TV?" - jk, nom

Most of today's news channel editors should be shot at sight - crap breathless hoarse shouting is all they do in the name of journalism.
Old 7th August 2007, 16:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikikiki View Post
well recently ive noticed a marked increase in bike ads showing idiots doing wheelies and other crazy stuff which nobody should be trying on open roads.

these ads come with a warning at the bottom of the screen but its so small that you probably need a microscope to read it

its little wonder that all these idiots get inspired and these faltu TV channels just encourage them

is anybody really concerned about these idiotic ads
Yup - the Bajaj FreeBiking- what is that- like Parkour on Bikes? gimme a break. Where do these fellow's come up with ideas like this? The only thing the bike does - is to irritate others around -and thats not the point of biking.
Old 14th August 2007, 11:41   #25
BHPian

India TV and IBN 7 are the worst news channels.
Old 14th August 2007, 14:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

I saw something SHOCKING on Saturday - on Prime Time TV Asianet:

There was this chap showing off his skill in driving a car using only his legs. They tied his hands up so that he wouldnt be able to use them, and this chap actually drove a Swift THROUGH TRAFFIC, THOUGH A HIGHWAY with other normal vehicle users on it.

I was shocked at the callousness of the producers, the people who shot the act, the Television Channel, and worst of all the owner of the car - the car belonged to the largest driving school in Cochin, A2Z.

They actually interviewed the owner of the car (a chap called Milan who owns A2Z) and he had the gall to say ON TV that he was 'sure' of this person's driving skills and that is why he allowed his car to be used. Note: He was more worried about his new Swift than about what could've happened in an emergency to other road users.

For the record the car drove past at least 3 Autorickshaws that were transporting kids to or from School. And all along it was free advertising for this stupid driving school as the Swift was disguised as a trainer car with stickers, telephone numbers and address - but NO 'L' BOARD!

The whole lot of them should be jailed for endangering public life. I do appreciate the fact that the driver was able to shift gears manually, steer the car, operate indicators, etc using just his two feet, but on a public road its ridiculous!
Old 14th August 2007, 15:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

@steeroid - Yikes !!! What are these channels coming to ????

They should be banned, INDIA TV & a few other channels have nothing at all to do nowadays - they are giving publicity to these Idio*s on National TV viewed by Millions. The example given by you about this Swift is terrible - and if folks like us drive without a seatbelt on or speak on a mobile - we are harrassed.

Who made these idiots journalists in the first place ??

What about these Jack A**es ?? Celebrating Indias 60 yrs of Independence by showing all this.
Old 14th August 2007, 15:06   #28
Team-BHP Support

Steer, i know which is the programme you are referring to. The guys at Asianet clearly wipe their hands off all responsibility by stating that right at the beginning of the show.

Not really a great fan of that show, as they even show people who pass current through them, all for the sake of TV.
Old 14th August 2007, 15:40   #29
BHPian

you gotta love TV these days!! my dad had to wait for a circus to come into town to watch such clowns ...... 3 cheers for the next generation!
Old 14th August 2007, 17:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

hey! on asianet (plus i think) sometime back they were showing a guy from tvm who was doing 190 degree turns in the middle of the road!! All this is with his wife and little baby in the passenger seat!!! . And guess what he does for a living- DRIVING SCHOOL!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks